This is a very good hotel with nice room. Proximity, clean, and some nice perks makes it always an excellent choice .... Can you save a few bucks by going somewhere else ? Sure, but you'll miss on something. This is the best value for a room on the disneyland property. I came for three days (june 4-7), and just love staying at the Paradise Pier. Just before actually going, the reviews on trip advisor almost made me cancel my reservation. That would have been a huge mistake.
I feel most bad review are made by people who thinks that because they pay 220$/night, they are now royalty. Imagine that some review complain that they have to wait 15 minutes for check-in. Can you believe that these people would go to Disneyland, the waitiest place on earth !!! (You would be happy to wait 20 minutes to get in your rides ...).
We are a family of 4 with two kids (2 healty adults with a 3 years old, and 1 year old).
If your choices are between a Sheraton,or Hyatt level in the neighborhood, I feel this might be your best choice. Currently, you can get a room for 220$/night, slightly more than Sheraton/Hyatt at 150$. But the 70$+tax/night more is well worth it. If you want to save, I would suggest to bring your own breakfast. Forget the Character dining, you'll meet them in Toontown, or in the park. At 40$ a head, plus tax/gratuity and other extra, your almost paid for the extra of the room. An easy 150$ for breakfast is what you should avoid, don't save on the room !!! And the room has a nice fridge to keep your breakfast/lunch. We always ate in nice restaurants for dinner, we are in vacation after all.
With young kids, I could get there early in the morning (8h00 Am to 11h00 Am is the best time), then go nap in the middle of the afternoon (even for adult it is great). If you miss the nap, you'll regret it ... Bring the kid back at 4h00 pm up to 10h00 PM. Watch both shows : Fantasmics, and world of colors. Bring back the kids (and the wife) at 10h00 PM, and then come back from 10h30 to midnight to do some adult rides ... Star Tours was very fun ... Okay, alone doesn't look that fun, but when you have a 3 years old and an 1 years old, you actually enjoy it ...
Now, we need to talk about the perks. If you live in paradise pier, you have access to the grand californian private entry to DCA. Now, DCA opens officially at 10h00. If you go through the private entrance at 9h00 AM (there will be a line, but no worry, it goes in fast), you will get tickets to World of colors in the Blue section - the best section. Also, we could ride "the little mermaid" before everybody with no waits ... the staff was begging us to go again and again.
On top of that, you get 2 special fast past to the ride of your choice for each guest. That can come handy to get into Star Tours. I have seen people come in really early, only to see their fast pass at 7PM (they gave it to us, because they were too disgusted). The line without fast pass has been rumored to be around 2 hours at peak time .... At 11h00 in the night, it was smaller, but I had to use my fast pass to get in 15-20 minutes.
Another small advantage is you can use your keys as a credit card. So, I left my wallet (but bring some cash anyway) at the hotel in the safe in your room.
Another advice would be to bring your own alcohol (for relaxing in the evening), bring 24 bottles of water, a small hiking/running bag around the waist (that carry 2 bottle of water, sunscreen, some food).
I didn't experience the pool/spa, but I had a view on the pool, and it did look pretty nice. My advice is don't pay extra for a view in the room. Go see it live !! Why spend 45$ extra to see Workd of color with the worst viewpoint (your room). You can get a "Blue pass" for free in DCA and enjoy the show live !!
And finally, yes, the elevator is a bit slow. But if your are wise, you'll know what to do (No way I am writing the trick !!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Return to the heyday of California beachfront boardwalks at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. Loaded with special Disney touches, this seaside-themed hotel will carry you on a wave of relaxation, all the way up to the whimsical waterslide at the scenic rooftop pool. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, exceptional dining and entertainment are just steps away. Hotel Guests can also enjoy a special entrance through Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa to Disney California Adventure Park with a valid Park ticket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Splitty, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disney Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Paradise Pier Anaheim
- Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel Anaheim, California