“Pure Magic! We WILL Return!”

Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Ranked #43 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Where to begin.......
When I 1st looked at booking a Disneyland holiday I was a little overwhelmed by the choices I was able to make. I decided to ditch the travel agents & book it myself through disneyparks.disney.go.com. Turned out to be a smart & easy choice. We opted to stay at the Paradise Pier & went for the full concierge treatment. I've heard ppl say this is a waste of money, but I beg to differ!
The treatment & attention we received from Jerry & Brittany in concierge was 2nd to none & the attention to what we wanted out of our 1st Disney experience was understood & made happen beyond out expectations! The day my husband & son were going to Universal, we'd slept in. Jerry rang to check on where they were, as they didn't show up for breakfast. They jumped out of bed when he called the room, that was at 8:10, the bus left at 8:30. By the time they raced downstairs, Jerry was waiting with a bag of food each & drinks to get them through the day. Over & above! Jerry & Brittany were also able to recommend placed in the park to eat, and made all the reservations on our behalf.
We stayed in room 1512, up on the top floor with spectacular views over California Adventure Park where we were able to watch The World of Color twice a night, then duck around to the pool deck to watch the Fireworks.
The food was, well, there was lots of it, must of the waffle & bacon variety. I was happy to see an apple on day 4! Room service was always fast & friendly. One night my 4yo was have a cry about having an early night (ready for a very ear morning), the guy that brought our snakes up noticed this, and sat on the floor with her for 5 mans talking about Disneyland & colouring in!
The hotel supplied us with 2 fast passes each (to jump the queues) & a magic morning pass so we could get into the park an hour before it was open to the public...highly recommend doing that! Were also able to access California Adventure Pk through a guest only entrance through the Grand Californian Hotel....very handy! Free WiFi too.
This is going on & on so I'll finish with go the park hopper tickets & spend a good 4 days in the park, eat at Surfs Up, Goofy's Kitchen & The Rainforest Cafe. Take extra luggage for all the shopping & enjoy theMagic of Disneyland. It really is the Happiest Place on Earth!!!!
Thanks to Jerry & Brittany....you helped make all our dreams come true. - Sam :)))

Room Tip: With the concierge level, you can guarantee a park view room.
5  Thank SamzRusty
There are newer reviews for Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel

Reviewed 13 July 2011

Was not told that the $100 concierge service covered the first day of check-in. We checked in late on our first day, after the concierge room was closed. We had a 2 night stay. When we tried to eat on our last day, we were denied. Rudely told we didn't pay for that day. When we pressed the issue we were told "it was against their policy" but they would "bend the rules and let us feed our kids dinner." They loudly exclaimed to other guests as they told us that we were to understand it was a "one-time thing, one-meal only." We were never so insulted! We will not be staying there again. Don't waste your money. Make your own Magical Experience somewhere else.

Room Tip: Clean and comfy beds. Suites are roomy.
5  Thank familyof777
Reviewed 9 July 2011

This was my first stay at this Disney property. We decided to stay at Paradise Pier for a change of scenery from the Disneyland Hotel across the street which is where we usually stay when we go to Disneyland, plus the price per night was less. When we arrived the bellmen welcomed us and were quick to move our tons of luggage – we were traveling with our three teenage/young adult daughters. There was not a line at check-in so we got our room keys and park hoppers within minutes.

Paradise Pier is an older hotel which has been remodeled, but you can hardly tell because everything looks fairly new plus the rooms are huge. We had a room with two queens and a daybed so the five of us were comfortable.

There is a refrigerator and a coffee maker in the room as well so we could have snacks and beverages in our room. The television as well as the ironing board and hair dryer were in working order. We had a view of the pool which looked inviting although we didn’t use it. My daughter did a load of laundry and she says the laundry room was clean and orderly.

Having traveled to Disneyland as well as Walt Disney World in Florida many, many times I have only one complaint with the Disneyland properties - they need a line at the monorail stations specifically for Disney hotel guests that offer priority boarding. We got on just fine during magic morning hour but when we tried to board the monorail any other time it was a good 20 minutes or longer wait. Transportation at the WDW properties makes guests feel special considering the premium you pay for your stay at a Disney resort, and I think the folks at Disneyland ought to find ways to get their hotel guests into the parks in a more efficient manner.

Room Tip: Book directly through Walt Disney Travel Co.
2  Thank JackpotJudy
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We loved this hotel and can't say enough good things about the wonderful staff here!!! My 8 year old daughter got VERY sick for 2 of the 3 1/2 days we were there and the staff bent over backwards trying to help her still have a semi-enjoyable trip. We will be back in December and there was never any question about where we would stay. My 8 year old said, "I want to stay where we did before. The workers were all so nice to me."

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of California Adventure, you won't be sorry!!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Larina M
Reviewed 6 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel last year, it was her birthday so we drove to L.A. to celebrate in Disneyland. The park was wonderful, as expected, and we greatly enjoyed ourselves. On my wife's birthday, before we departed from the hotel, my wife decided to take of her 400 dollar ring (my gift to her) and stored it in her makeup case on the bathroom counter. In our haste to get going we forgot to put the "do not disturb" sign on the door as we usually do. We were at the park all day, and every minute my wife was thinking about the safety of her ring. We don't ever let maids come in and clean when we aren't present because in my opinion that's just asking for it, but I wasn't too worried because of the sheer reputation of the hotel and its seemingly outstanding code of conduct. However, our fears proved true when upon returning to the room we discovered her ring was missing and had indeed been stolen by the maid. I am certain of this because I watched her put it in her box, I knew exactly where it was as did she. We quickly reported it to hotel security, and not only did the corpulent security chief laugh at us, also blamed us for not using the safe. The maid rummaged through my wifes makeup box, took the ring, and somehow it's our fault. We later got the police involved and although they know exactly what maid did it, and what time they did, they refused to do anything. We returned home, defeated, knowing that justice would never be served. To all those thinking about staying here, I say beware, keep your "do not disturb" signs on your door and lock your property in the safe. I've learned never trust a hotel based on their reputation, your valuables aren't safe anywhere these days. We are returning in disneyland in a couple months, but we will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Nichols89
Reviewed 5 July 2011

For our first family trip to Disneyland (4.5 year old and 14month old), we decided to do the whole Disney experience and stay at one of the Disney hotels. Since the Dinseyland Hotel was under construction and the Grand Californian was a bit pricey, we opted for the Paradise Pier. Overall the hotel was very nice. The room was clean, comfortable and fairly quiet. We didn't have a car so we walked through Downtown Disney to get to the park, about a 15 minute walk. The character breakfast at the hotel was great. Again, a bit pricey, but the experience was worth it. The kids got to meet Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Pluto and Stitch. Overall we would stay here again.

Room Tip: city view and higher floor quieter for young kids
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We booked the Paradise Pier hotel as we had previously stayed in the Disneyland hotel and found it really added to the Disney experience. The Disneyland hotel is undergoing building renovations so we decided to try the Paradise Pier hotel. It was nice enough - the rooms were large and comfortable - but for the price and distance from the parks we felt we could have stayed in a Good Neighbor hotel and had better value for money. The rooms weren't really themed enough for a Disney hotel, and I'm not sure what benefits were gained from paying Disney prices on this occasion. Next time we'd either stay at the Disneyland hotel again, or go to a regular hotel within walking distance from the parks.

Room Tip: Park-facing rooms can be noisy at night
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family