“poor customer service”

Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Ranked #43 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Stayed 4 nights with family of four. Bathroom fan was not working. Call on first day to have fan fixed. Promised that fan would be fixed. Fan was never fixed. Asked if we could at least be comped for 3 days of parking ($3x15=45 dollars) for broken fan. Told we could only be comped for 1 day ($15.00). Feel that Disney should be able to afford $30.00 less profit for vacation package that cost over $2000.00. Will not ever be going back to Disney Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank John C
There are newer reviews for Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel

Reviewed 10 August 2011

My family of five stayed at the Paradise Pier Hotel from June 27 to June 30. We stayed in a family room with two queen beds and a sofa bed. For a change the sofa bed was quite comfortable with no lumps! The room was not as roomy as a suite of rooms that you could have gotten in an outlying hotel, but more than adequate for the 5 of us.

It was easy to walk from the hotel to California Adventure. By the way Soaring Over California was great. It was also an easy walk to the Monorail Station in front of the Disneyland Hotel.

We ate at the hotel restaurant twice, once for dinner and then once with Mickey and Minnie. Yes, the meals were expensive, but what the heck, we were on vacation and we planned for it. The food was very good and the Mickey and Minnie morning brunch had more than enough items to choose from.

Some people complained about a long wait for the 3 hotel elevators, but we never were held up more than a few minutes. If you enter the hotel lobby and want to beat some of the crowds waiting for the elevator, the glass elevator to the right of the 3 other elevators is an easy catch. You are able to board that elevator and select your floors. The downside to the glass elevator is that from your floor, you can't press for a down button. A little odd, but again, we were never held up much at the other three elevators.

When we arrived, we had driven all day from Northern California, so we opted to use the valet service. Again, we were on vacation and the extra few dollars spent to valet park the car was worth every dime. After you've been on the road all day, the last thing I wanted to do was deal with unloading luggage and then hunting for a parking place in the garage. You have to pay to park in the garage at their going rate, so a few dollars more per day for valet was worth it.

The pool was on the third floor and we used it one afternoon.

All in all the Paradise Hotel is my choice if and when we return to visit Disneyland. The staff were always friendly and very accomodating. We recommend this hotel 100%.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank DOuglasW_11
Reviewed 9 August 2011

If you want to be able to come and go to your hotel from the parks and not have to worry about shuttle schedules then this is the hotel for you. If you like comfort and quite, I would suggest any of the hotels that are close to the parks. Disneyland Blvd. is a very busy street with traffic going at all hours. We were on the fourth floor facing the Blvd and it was noisy. The beds were not the pillow-top comfort we were used to and the daybed was only big enough for a child or very small adult. It was also very uncomfortable. We dined at Downtown Disney quite often and found the prices very reasonable. We also used the Surfside Lounge for breakfast.

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors to avoid the noise.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank noodlebop
Reviewed 9 August 2011

This hotel was well worth the money. If you can afford to pay $500 a night at the other Disney hotels than go for it, but if you would rather spend more money on shopping than on a hotel room you will mostly be sleeping in, then stay at this hotel. The service was excellent, hotel room was clean, beds were super comfy, cute Disney decor, the view over the parks was excellent and so was the pool and water slide. Family loved it, we were on the 12th floor over looking California Adventure, and the entrance into the parks is about a 5 minutes walk. Easy to drive out of the hotel to eat elsewhere also. Food and drinks are pricey, but that goes with everywhere else you go. The hotel is old, but its maintained pretty well. I even accidently left my rings in the room for the whole day, and no one stole them. The gym is very cool, confortable and nice. For those who say the elevators are slow, they are actually not slow, there are just not enough elevators for the entire hotel to utilize, therefore waiting for the elevator to reach you can take up to 5 minutes, usually in the mornings and the evenings this can be an issue, and people do cram themselves in them, that would be the only downside. But overall, excellent hotel!!

Room Tip: Definitely get the park view rooms, well worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank SFD79
Reviewed 8 August 2011

The Disneyland Hotel is my favorite but having stayed at the Paradise Pier more frequently has made it a favorite in my book. The rooms have a nice lightness to it and I think the surfer beach theme is lovely. Great views of California Adventure if you face one of the sides. Staff is always helpful and always greeting guests.

The coffee shop and restaurant are a great feature and the store always has great merchandise. There's something special about this specific hotel that I love and I always visit it even when I'm not a guest. Maybe it's the smaller feel it has and creates a more intimate feeling. I will always consider staying here for my Disney trips.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I stayed at the Paradise Pier Hotel in mid-June for two nights with my wife and our little girl. I did my reservation through Disney Travel co. directly and reserved a "Park View Room". The room rate was not cheap, but the location was quite worth the extra $$.

Once we stepped into the lobby, we can definitely tell the design is an older hotel. The lobby decor is less magical than the Disneyland Hotel but it is very clean and refreshing.

Since we arrived early, our room was not ready when we checked in. No problem! We were going to spend the day in the parks anyway. The receptionist gave us our room key told us we will receive a text msg when our room is ready. What a nice feature!

When we returned from the parks and entered into our room, what a nice surprise. The staff actually assigned us a corner room which is more spacious than other standard room. There was so much space that our little girl crawling around non-stop. We also found we received three Mickey Mouse shaped rice crispy. What a nice touch.

The bed and pillows in Paradise Pier was as comfy as the ones in Disneyland Hotel (we stayed there in Feb 2011). The room was very clean and the bathroom was spacious. However, be warned that the shower flow is relatively weak.

Even though Paradise Pier hotel is not directly connected to the California Adventure Park, it only takes 5 - 10 mins to cross a major road and then cut through the Grand Californian Hotel to access the park. You can also do the same to access the Downtown Disney.

The hotel restaurant PCH Grill serves decent food at reasonable price. We ate there once for the character breakfast and once for dinner. The character breakfast was more expensive than other Disney restaurants but I think this is the only place you can meet Mickey Mouse outside the Disney Park. If you don't care much about meeting Mickey, it's better off to enjoy the character brekkie at the Storytellers Cafe in Grand Californian. Their brekkie is cheaper and the food is better as well.

Couple of deficiencies at the Paradise Pier Hotel:
1) If you are going to self-park, unload all your luggage before you park as their five-level garage does not have elevator.
2) During check-out time in the morning, it is really hard to get into the hotel elevators. If you are staying at lower level, good luck!

Finally, is it worth the extra for the "Park View Room"? I would say yes. Our room was on the 11th floor and the park view was spectacular. Was it a great place watching the "World of Color"? Not really, you better to watch the show in the show.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Carbern
Reviewed 3 August 2011

WOW.....my family and I just got back from our Disneyland vacation and I must say, it was wonderful!! We purchased our vacation package through Costco Travel.....saved us 25% off the vacation price. Well worth it!! We LOVED staying on property. The Paradise Pier hotel was great.....roomy and clean. The map can be a bit confusing though. We thought we would have direct access to the park, but we didn't. We had to walk to the Disney Grand hotel to get to the parks. If you have a little extra money, I would HIGHLY recommend staying there instead.....5 minutes closer. I know it's not much, but when you're already exhausted from the day at the park, you want to get home as soon as you can. Staying at the property came with many perks....the MOST important one.....we were able to walk back to the hotel during the hottest time of the day to just relax at the pool. My boys LOVED the pool and the water slide. Afterwards, we were able to eat dinner, shower up, and head back to the park for the night time stuff. The weather was MUCH cooler, but it was still VERY crowded. I would HIGHLY recommend the fireworks show. At first, we weren't going to stick around for it, but it was something I will never forget......AMAZING!! Even my husband was speechless!!! Overall, we LOVED the hotel. Please let me know if I can be of any more help!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family