To celebrate my daughter's 4th birthday, we stayed at the PPH. It was our first stay. We checked in early and got into our room by 12:30pm. Since it was my daughter's bday, she received balloons, a pin and a 8"x10" b/w photo of Disney princesses. As part of the summer promotion, we received 2 fastpasses each.
The staff is friendly and attentive. They have a upbeat attitude. Our standard view room was located on the same floor as the pool. This is convenient when you have 3 kids. We didn't find the elevators to be slow or troublesome as some reviewers wrote. Our view was of CA Adventure but we weren't high enough to watch the World of Color show from our window. Room is good enough for a family of five. We had two queen beds and a couch that turns into a bed. It's not like a typical sofa bed.
The pool area was well stocked with towels. We enjoyed the slide and swimming in the pools. The walk to CA Disney Adventure was less than 10 minutes if you cut through the Grand California Hotel. The walk to Downtown Disney was 5 minutes. Free wi-fi is available and it worked well.
We didn't eat at the hotel. We ate at Downtown Disney, and went to the restaurants on Harbor Blvd. We brought water and snacks and stored them in the room's mini-fridge. Surfboard-shape rice crispy treats were delivered to our room. The kids really didn't like them, but I did.
We utilized valet parking and it cost $22 per day. After check-out, Bell Services stored our luggage while we made one more trip to the Parks.
If you're on a budget and want to stay at a Disneyland Resort hotel, PPH is it. We had a wonderful stay that we can't complain about. We've stayed at the Grand Californian and it's grand in every way. But you have to pay more for that grandness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Return to the heyday of California beachfront boardwalks at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. Loaded with special Disney touches, this seaside-themed hotel will carry you on a wave of relaxation, all the way up to the whimsical waterslide at the scenic rooftop pool. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, exceptional dining and entertainment are just steps away. Hotel Guests can also enjoy a special entrance through Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa to Disney California Adventure Park with a valid Park ticket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disney Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Paradise Pier Anaheim
- Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel Anaheim, California