We stayed at this hotel Dec 15-20, 2011. Having stayed at the Hojo on previous trips, I was prepared to be feel that we paid way too much for the whole "Disney" vibe. I was also a bit iffy after seeing some reviews here, although the majority were good.
Boy, was I happy to be mistaken. This is a gorgeous hotel, staffed by fantastic employees who all had a smile on their face. We didn't get in until 7 pm, and the clerk at check-in made a big deal of my daughter's birthday! Then, we rode up the elevator (remember, try to use the glass elevator near the lobby. It saved us a TON of time the whole trip!) to our fourth floor room. Everything was clean and looked neat and remodeled, even the cool hidden Mickey beach ball carpet in the halls.
The room was well-sized, with two queens and a sofa sleeper, and it was also clean and beautiful. Our view was out towards the pool, and even though it was a bit chilly, my daughter couldn't help but jump in one day. She loved the slide and the pool, and the lifeguards were friendly.They also have a great store near the restaurant downstairs.
Throughout the hotel, there are constant, discreet reminders that you are still on the Disney property, and though it is a little bit of a walk through Downtown Disney, we loved every minute of it! The walk was beautifully landscaped, and we often saw security nearby, ready to help anyone with a problem on the path. The entrance through Grand Californian was a bit of a jaunt, but sooo worth it to get into California Adventure quickly!
I can honestly say that we would love to stay at this hotel for every future Disney visit. Everything from the game room to the bar, the restaurant to the pool was fantastic. Thanks Disney, for making a truly "magical" trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Return to the heyday of California beachfront boardwalks at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. Loaded with special Disney touches, this seaside-themed hotel will carry you on a wave of relaxation, all the way up to the whimsical waterslide at the scenic rooftop pool. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, exceptional dining and entertainment are just steps away. Hotel Guests can also enjoy a special entrance through Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa to Disney California Adventure Park with a valid Park ticket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disney Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Paradise Pier Anaheim
- Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel Anaheim, California