We stayed here for 2 nights on an LA stopover and really enjoyed our time here. We are regular guests in Disney hotels in Orlando, Florida and were interested by the differences.
Check in was smooth and friendly, and concierge/bell services were very prompt and helpful with our cases and getting a wheelchair for me. Room was spacious, clean and modern with a subtle theming to Disney. This was really the major difference with Florida Disney hotels, the theming was minimal at Paradise Pier. There was one large (Donald Duck) poster which was fun, and a few small "mouse" touches, but it didn't scream Disney in the way the Florida properties do but was nicely decorated and welcoming.
The walk into Disneyland and California Adventure wasn't too far - around ten to fifteen minutes (I was in a manual wheelchair with my husband pushing). We did get a bit lost going through the Grand Californian hotel on the way, but staff quickly helped us.
If you don't want to go into the park you can see some of DIsneyland's firework display from the pool deck - they pipe music onto the area behind the bar but not into the pool area itself. The view was good but not great, since it's designed to be seen from the park!
While at Paradise Pier we ate dinner via room service one night. The service was prompt, the food hot and tasty and reasonably priced. The only frustration at the hotel was the odd divide between drinks sold in the shop and drinks sold at the cafe/bar. We had to buy bottles of diet coke from one but bottles of vitamin water from the other! It was a small glitch in an otherwise excellent stay. I would thoroughly recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Return to the heyday of California beachfront boardwalks at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. Loaded with special Disney touches, this seaside-themed hotel will carry you on a wave of relaxation, all the way up to the whimsical waterslide at the scenic rooftop pool. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, exceptional dining and entertainment are just steps away. Hotel Guests can also enjoy a special entrance through Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa to Disney California Adventure Park with a valid Park ticket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disney Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Paradise Pier Anaheim
- Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel Anaheim, California