I have stayed at all 3 of the Disney owned hotels at Disneyland and while the Paradise Pier Hotel doesn't measure up to the character of the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian, it is a perfectly acceptable option for a lesser price. If you have stayed at Walt Disney World resort hotels, the Paradise Pier Hotel would be closer to a deluxe category resort than a moderate. No free Magic Express service from the airport but you can take the Disneyland Shuttle from LAX or SNA for a fee.
The Cast Member who checked me in was knowledgeable and efficient, volunteering helpful information for my stay. When it was time to leave the front desk staff also checked me in for my flight and printed my boarding pass for me.
The Christmas tree in the lobby was decorated with colorful sea creatures, keeping with the seaside theme of the resort. In the evening the lobby area also had Dickens-era dressed carolers.
I was in room 318 which was on a corner and boasted a view of the Paradise Pier area of the California Adventure park. A good location: on the same floor as the pool, one floor up from the 24 hour fitness center, and close to the elevators. I had no problems with long waits for the elevator; definitely quicker than walking to the stairs which were located on the other end of the building. The décor is a beige and blue beach theme and the beach ball throw pillows must be a big hit because there was a notice in the room that if you choose to take one of these home with you, a $65 charge would be added to your room bill. The sink area was enclosed in the bathroom: I prefer the sink area separate so other room occupants can get ready while the bath area is utilized. The pillows were firmer than I would like but I was able to find a less poofy one in the closet along with some extra blankets. A nice touch was stationery and postcards in the desk drawer, something you don't see so much in hotels anymore.
The fitness center is on e 2nd floor, close to the elevators. It had 4 treadmills, 2 elipticals, a stairmaster, 3 or 4 other various machines, and two sets of weights. No lockers or showers and the restrooms are located outside of the gym in the hallway.
The pool area has a water slide, a hot tub, and a snack bar (I did not see this open when I was there but I did not put in a lot of pool time this trip). There is a beach themed restaurant and a gift shop. Access to the parks is a walkway through the Grand Californian and Downtown Disney. As a Disney resort guest you are eligible for such perks as package delivery to your resort when you make a purchase in a theme park, early park entry, and entry into California Adventure through the Grand Californian entrance.
The Paradise Pier Hotel wasn't originally built as a Disney Hotel but while it may fall short of the character of it's sister hotels at Disneyland, it is in no way lacking as a comfortable option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Return to the heyday of California beachfront boardwalks at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. Loaded with special Disney touches, this seaside-themed hotel will carry you on a wave of relaxation, all the way up to the whimsical waterslide at the scenic rooftop pool. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, exceptional dining and entertainment are just steps away. Hotel Guests can also enjoy a special entrance through Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa to Disney California Adventure Park with a valid Park ticket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, TravelUp, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disney Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Paradise Pier Anaheim
- Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel Anaheim, California