I am reviewing the hotel only. (During our stay, the Disneyland Resort had some bothersome issues....but that is the not hotel's fault). We stayed two nights in a concierge level room with a view directly over Paradise Pier in California Adventure. We loved the view, and were able to enjoy the World of Color from our room.
The room was sufficiently spacious to suit our family, and had two queen size beds in addition to a couch which made into a twin size bed. The room was very clean, and had everything we needed. Housekeeping kept it neat and clean. Our first night, we received Mickey rice krispie treats, which was a nice touch.
The concierge lounge was fine, and was exactly as advertised. We were able to make good use of the lounge. We did not see ANY abuse of the offerings of the lounge, as other guests have observed in reviews. The offerings were always well stocked and neatly presented. I would prefer better coffee in the lounge, but I am admittedly a coffee snob....I'm sure the coffee is fine for most people. For us, the evening "happy hour" fell at the time when we naturally wanted a break from the park.
The hotel is close to both Disneyland and California Adventure. The closest route is to cross the street and walk though the Grand Californian to either the main entrances of the park, or, in the case of California Adventure, the dedicated entrance for hotel guests. I never timed it, but it probably took 7-10 minutes at normal walking pace.
The two disappointments of the resort were (1) cancelling the Extra Magic Hour at California Adventure and (2) overnight filming which meant a helicopter flying outside our window (LOUD) for hours one night. As to the first, getting early entrance into the park is a major reason that our family chose a Disney hotel, as opposed to the more economical off-site properties, many of which are equally convenient in terms of location. To lose this benefit was a major disappointment. As to the second, I was a bit surprised that Disney did not offer discounted rooms to compensate for the disruption the filming caused to guests. I am certain that I am not the only one who found it difficult to sleep through that noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Return to the heyday of California beachfront boardwalks at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. Loaded with special Disney touches, this seaside-themed hotel will carry you on a wave of relaxation, all the way up to the whimsical waterslide at the scenic rooftop pool. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, exceptional dining and entertainment are just steps away. Hotel Guests can also enjoy a special entrance through Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa to Disney California Adventure Park with a valid Park ticket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disney Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Paradise Pier Anaheim
- Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel Anaheim, California