“Don't stay here! Run down and over priced.”

Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Ranked #42 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
San Ramon, California
“Don't stay here! Run down and over priced.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Great location, but over priced and run down. Nice to be near disneyland and enter hour early every morning of your stay, but until they improve the hotel OR reduce their price, stay somewhere else! Pool area needs a major overhaul and not enough lounge chairs to accommodate everyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in the less expensive room (pool / parking lot view), but over priced. The rooms are deco...
6 Thank 4444Deanna

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Could not really fault this hotel. Yes it is a little bit more expensive than non Disney but for that extra magic on your vacation it is worth it. My son loved the pool and slide, they have lifejackets so no need for your own floaties etc and lifeguards are present for extra peace of mind.
Great for entry via grand california hotel and early entry.
Staff were very helpful.
My son left behind a souveneir at the hotel and as many would do, assumed was lost but I did contact hotel and was very pleased to hear it had been handed in and they posted all the way to Australia for me. THis level of service you can not put a price on, when my son was in tears when we got home and he thought he had lost it, then the big smile when it arrived via post.

I will stay here again..... if I won lotto and could afford it haha

2 Thank Leeanneeee
San Carlos, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I just returned from a 6 night stay at this property. I have stayed at both the Disneyland Hotel and the California Grand a number of times but this was my first stay at their "value" property. I was with my SO, my 7 year old and 10 year old.

Room 1418 is super cute, oddly angled room, has a great view of World of Color and has 2 queens and a pull out futon double.

Room 1426 is an accessible room, great views of World of Color and has 2 queens and a pull out chair twin. No "proper" closet but does have a wardrobe to hang up some clothes.

PROS:
Good location to Downtown Disney and easy access to California Adventure via the special entry at California Grand (just across street).

Rooms are large and clean.

Staff is very friendly

Lots of kid activities from arcade room to kid-friendly pool to nightly movies, even fireworks viewing from the pool deck.

CONS:
The building is a little dated.
The general concierge / staff seem a little confused (new maybe?) when presented with a problem but are really friendly.
Lunch options are limited to the bar area or the pool area -- it is pretty much hot dogs and nachos.
The elevators can take a really long time, much like the Disneyland Hotel.

CONCIERGE:

The Beach Club / Concierge Service is well worth the additional cost. Each morning starting at 6 am you and your kids can grab breakfast basics and snacks for the park. It beats paying for a formal breakfast each morning (my kids are happy with bagels, muffins, yogurt, etc...).

Snacks and drinks are available all day long. Evening reception with wine/beer and appetizers. It closes at 8pm.

Borrow movies from the concierge! Lots of fun ones for all ages.

Club Level Concierge is so great for everything from minor to major issues. I know you are paying for the extra service but PLEASE TIP your concierge if they are able to make magic happen for you.

Cannot say enough good things about Kristy, one of the regular concierge available during our stay. She not only got us last minute Fantasmic seating and my 7 year old into the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique but when our airline kept delaying and delaying, she was able to get us a great last minute rate on an available room -- during a time when the parks were packed! She even hand-delivered four carmel dipped apples to our room because she knew we had a rough day. She should be running customer service and doing training for Disney -- that is how great she was.

IN GENERAL
Go with a good attitude and any stay will be great. Small problems are easy to fix and treating people with respect will result in exceptional service at any of the properties but I have to say I was incredibly impressed with the kindness of the staff at the Paradise Pier.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park will have noise until the park closes (i.e.: you will hear screams on Californ...
5 Thank Jessica G
Cave Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Long story short, what was to be a family trip ended up minus my husband of 25 years. He walked out on me and the three kids just days before our 4 night trip to Disneyland. I was blown away by the compassion of the staff at this hotel. Our check in was quick and easy. The bellmen kept our luggage till the room was ready and we did the early entry into Disneyland.
When our room was ready the front desk called my cell phone which was nice. When we did check in we were again in awe of the room. The 15th floor, 2 bedroom suite with a beautiful view of California Adventure. Room to sleep 7 but only the 4 of us. The boys had their own room to relax and play games in. My daughter and I enjoyed the quietness of a room to ourselves. The close, easy walk across the street and thru the California Grand made it so easy to get to both parks. The staff at the pool and the pool bar were all very friendly and curtious. The kids and I were blessed with a complimentary Disney Character Breakfast on our last day. We chose Goofey's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel and we enjoyed the many choices of foods available. Geared towards a childs palet with peanut butter & jelly pizza, chicken nuggets, mickey shaped waffles and deserts galore. I was able to enjoy a made to order omelet sausage and bacon with a few pasteries and ice cream. Full bellies made for an easy trip back to AZ. I will definetly use this hotel again for our next trip to Disneyland. We have a new lifetime of memories to be made.

The magic of Disney and the kindness of the staff made a hugh difference during this difficult time in our life.

Room Tip: If you have a large family I would recomment the 15th floor two room suites! Sleeps 7.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank GeorjannR
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We had a great experience at this hotel. The staff members are all extremely friendly and helpful. The room was clean and well decorated, the pool (although filled with kids) was very nice as well. Housekeeping was courteous and did a great job. The "magic morning" option that you get for staying there is a great perk. There are several dining options that we enjoyed, especially the cafe for quick breakfasts & snacks. This hotel is about a ten minute walk to the entrance of Disneyland. Overall, it's a great alternative to the more expensive Disneyland hotels and staying here made our Disneyland vacay even better!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank laureno424
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights and it was worth it for the early entry. Having stayed at Grand Californian on the trip the year before, we were surprised at the quality of Paradise Pier. It is clean, comfortable and not that far from the GCH.
We grabbed a quick coffee, fruit and muffin from the little cafe downstairs but other than sleeping we were not really in the actual hotel.
I would stay here again if the rate was a lot less than the GCH, as it was this trip.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Sunnyvale, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We usually stay at the Grand Californian, but because this was a quick two night trip on our way to Palm Springs, we decided to try something new and a little cheaper. The hotel had been given mixed reviews by our friends so I wasn't sure what to expect. We were able to afford the conceirge level with a view of the park and were very happy with our decision to stay there. There isn't really a lobby to speak of so you don't get the same feeling of the Grand, but our floor had new carpet and the room was very clean. They brought us Mickey Mouse rice crispy treats while we were out which my kids loved. We were able to see the fireworks and the water show from our room with the music on the TV. It was just a little bit further than the Grand- I would stay there again. My husband said that he prefers the Grand, but for a change and very cute rooms, I was happy with it. The service at the desk was not up to standard, but everyone else was.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view are worth it.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family