“Great stay for adults, too!”

Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Ranked #43 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Houston, Texas
“Great stay for adults, too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We are DVC members, and were visiting the Los Angeles area,so decided to use points for a room at Paradise Pier. We used extra points to get a room with a view of Disneyland,which I highly recommend. The hotel is older, and the elevators can be very slow,but the room was ample sized, and very comfortable. There are great little beachy touches throughout the room, and the bed is very comfortable. As adults, we chose not to use the pool area, as there were lots of kids there having fun, which we knew would be the case. We headed for beaches in the area, for a quieter experience. It's nice having a fridge in the room, as well.
The light show was visible from our room, so we were able to enjoy a dessert we brought from our dinner out, to share, and with the ability to tune your room's tv to the music from the show, it's like being right there, but not fighting the crowds.
We were glad we chose this location, as you are across from the park, and not right on it,where you can hear the screams from the roller coaster constantly! Good stay for 2 days, close to lots to explore, even if you choose not to go to the Park.

Room Tip: Worth the price for the Park side rooms, ask for higher floor, before your stay. Go to the Earl of S...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank joboxer555

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is the most pocket-friendly of all the Disney hotels, and is pretty comfortable. First, about the location. It is the farthest from the parks of all the Disney hotels, but we did not find that to be an issue at all. It is a 10 minute walk (or less) to DCA and just about 12-15 minutes to DL if you cut thru the grand Californian. Considering the amount of walking you have resigned yourself to while in the parks, this is not a big deal at all in our experience. The walk thru the hotel to DCA is fun, and you emerge midway into downtown Disney as you turn towards DL, so that is not a pain either. So in our opinion, with 2 girls 11 and 8, the distance is not an issue.

Next the check in. It was very smooth, no time in the queue at all - though must be kept in mind that we visited May 7-11, in the "low " period - and very cheerful and enthusiastic cast member. We put a credit card on file, though it is elective, and that made sure that we did not have to check out at the desk when we left. We just got a bill under the door, and as everything was in order, we simply allowed them to bill the card and just vacated the room by 11 am on the 11th.

The rooms were clean and big. we had booked an upper level room with the park view, and the views are worth it. Watched WOC one night. It was good, but nothing like seeing it from the park, of course.

The early entry is a boon, helped us to avoid lines many times and get fast passes for RSR.

Food is expensive, but we hardly ate at the hotel, so that was ok. We found that having no complimentary water was an irritant, but TA reviewers had warned us in advance, so we were prepared. But a few complimentary bottles would be nice.

We also did not have any waiting at all for the elevators, except for once when we came back from the parks, and there was a queue in the lobby to go up. Guess we were lucky, having read the reviews about the slow elevators.

The pool was good, but the slide was out of commission the day we went. The water was not all that warm, but not cold either. the hot tub was nice and hot. No changing / shower rooms at the pool.

All in all, worth it in every way, comfortable and enjoyable.

Room Tip: High level with park views are worth the bucks.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank anurag_srivastava
Chico, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I need to give some history first. I would only stay at the Grand. After the remodel of the Disneyland Hotel we wanted to try it. So after staying now at the Grand and Disneyland I wanted to try the Paradise Pier so I could say I stayed at all 3 hotels. This review is from a back to back trip. 3 night stay, and 7 days at home, and returned for 3 more nights. From my arrival on the first trip I was met by Robert who helped with my car and luggage. And I thought if the rest of the staff was half as nice and helpful it would be great. I was wrong, I can't think of any of the hotel staff that wasn't great. I even needed the assists of hotel maintenance and they were there within 30 minutes to restore the power to the bathroom. Comparing Paradise Pier to the Grand the Pier rooms were brighter and cleaner. Far better service. Size of the room. Bathroom had more light and much more light for my wife to get ready. I could go on and on. But some important notes price almost half the cost. The location is just across the street and not that far. It's time for the Grand to get a major remodel.

Room Tip: The theme park view is nice but if you want to make your trip as low cost just get the standard roo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim L
San Ramon, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Great location, but over priced and run down. Nice to be near disneyland and enter hour early every morning of your stay, but until they improve the hotel OR reduce their price, stay somewhere else! Pool area needs a major overhaul and not enough lounge chairs to accommodate everyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in the less expensive room (pool / parking lot view), but over priced. The rooms are deco...
6 Thank 4444Deanna
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Could not really fault this hotel. Yes it is a little bit more expensive than non Disney but for that extra magic on your vacation it is worth it. My son loved the pool and slide, they have lifejackets so no need for your own floaties etc and lifeguards are present for extra peace of mind.
Great for entry via grand california hotel and early entry.
Staff were very helpful.
My son left behind a souveneir at the hotel and as many would do, assumed was lost but I did contact hotel and was very pleased to hear it had been handed in and they posted all the way to Australia for me. THis level of service you can not put a price on, when my son was in tears when we got home and he thought he had lost it, then the big smile when it arrived via post.

I will stay here again..... if I won lotto and could afford it haha

2 Thank Leeanneeee
San Carlos, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I just returned from a 6 night stay at this property. I have stayed at both the Disneyland Hotel and the California Grand a number of times but this was my first stay at their "value" property. I was with my SO, my 7 year old and 10 year old.

Room 1418 is super cute, oddly angled room, has a great view of World of Color and has 2 queens and a pull out futon double.

Room 1426 is an accessible room, great views of World of Color and has 2 queens and a pull out chair twin. No "proper" closet but does have a wardrobe to hang up some clothes.

PROS:
Good location to Downtown Disney and easy access to California Adventure via the special entry at California Grand (just across street).

Rooms are large and clean.

Staff is very friendly

Lots of kid activities from arcade room to kid-friendly pool to nightly movies, even fireworks viewing from the pool deck.

CONS:
The building is a little dated.
The general concierge / staff seem a little confused (new maybe?) when presented with a problem but are really friendly.
Lunch options are limited to the bar area or the pool area -- it is pretty much hot dogs and nachos.
The elevators can take a really long time, much like the Disneyland Hotel.

CONCIERGE:

The Beach Club / Concierge Service is well worth the additional cost. Each morning starting at 6 am you and your kids can grab breakfast basics and snacks for the park. It beats paying for a formal breakfast each morning (my kids are happy with bagels, muffins, yogurt, etc...).

Snacks and drinks are available all day long. Evening reception with wine/beer and appetizers. It closes at 8pm.

Borrow movies from the concierge! Lots of fun ones for all ages.

Club Level Concierge is so great for everything from minor to major issues. I know you are paying for the extra service but PLEASE TIP your concierge if they are able to make magic happen for you.

Cannot say enough good things about Kristy, one of the regular concierge available during our stay. She not only got us last minute Fantasmic seating and my 7 year old into the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique but when our airline kept delaying and delaying, she was able to get us a great last minute rate on an available room -- during a time when the parks were packed! She even hand-delivered four carmel dipped apples to our room because she knew we had a rough day. She should be running customer service and doing training for Disney -- that is how great she was.

IN GENERAL
Go with a good attitude and any stay will be great. Small problems are easy to fix and treating people with respect will result in exceptional service at any of the properties but I have to say I was incredibly impressed with the kindness of the staff at the Paradise Pier.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the park will have noise until the park closes (i.e.: you will hear screams on Californ...
5 Thank Jessica G
Cave Creek, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Long story short, what was to be a family trip ended up minus my husband of 25 years. He walked out on me and the three kids just days before our 4 night trip to Disneyland. I was blown away by the compassion of the staff at this hotel. Our check in was quick and easy. The bellmen kept our luggage till the room was ready and we did the early entry into Disneyland.
When our room was ready the front desk called my cell phone which was nice. When we did check in we were again in awe of the room. The 15th floor, 2 bedroom suite with a beautiful view of California Adventure. Room to sleep 7 but only the 4 of us. The boys had their own room to relax and play games in. My daughter and I enjoyed the quietness of a room to ourselves. The close, easy walk across the street and thru the California Grand made it so easy to get to both parks. The staff at the pool and the pool bar were all very friendly and curtious. The kids and I were blessed with a complimentary Disney Character Breakfast on our last day. We chose Goofey's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel and we enjoyed the many choices of foods available. Geared towards a childs palet with peanut butter & jelly pizza, chicken nuggets, mickey shaped waffles and deserts galore. I was able to enjoy a made to order omelet sausage and bacon with a few pasteries and ice cream. Full bellies made for an easy trip back to AZ. I will definetly use this hotel again for our next trip to Disneyland. We have a new lifetime of memories to be made.

The magic of Disney and the kindness of the staff made a hugh difference during this difficult time in our life.

Room Tip: If you have a large family I would recomment the 15th floor two room suites! Sleeps 7.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family