“Worth Every Penny!”

Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Ranked #43 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My siblings and I enjoyed the Paradise Pier Hotel two weeks ago and we loved it. We are 26, 21, and 17 of age and are often not treated like the adults that we are. Paradise Pier treated us so respectfully and professionally. We were celebrating my engagement and they gave us a room upgrade to a park view room! Everything was clean and wonderful. The convenience of the location was perfect for us to take a nap during the afternoon. Thanks for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Let them know you are celebrating for a possible upgrade
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Audrey R

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I loved the theme of this hotel, however the rooms are in need of some restoration. Our floor had huge stains all over the place, there was mold in the shower and the wall paper was peeling up in the bathroom. Our room had an amazing view of California Adventure's Paradise Pier Boardwalk (this room costs more). We were upgraded because we were on our honeymoon. This view also gave us a pretty good view of the World of Color show at night. However, the windows are not sound proof and you could hear screams all night long and you could hear the roller coaster. We were down there when Disney was hosting the 24 hour opening and the Grad Nights; so the park was open either 24 hours or till the wee hours of the morning.
We did like how close it was, it was about a five minuet walk to California Adventures and a ten minuet walk to Disneyland. Even though it was nothing special we will choose to stay at this hotel again on future visits.

Room Tip: The Park view rooms are awesome, however bring earplugs or a noise canceling machine.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn S
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We are DVC members, and were visiting the Los Angeles area,so decided to use points for a room at Paradise Pier. We used extra points to get a room with a view of Disneyland,which I highly recommend. The hotel is older, and the elevators can be very slow,but the room was ample sized, and very comfortable. There are great little beachy touches throughout the room, and the bed is very comfortable. As adults, we chose not to use the pool area, as there were lots of kids there having fun, which we knew would be the case. We headed for beaches in the area, for a quieter experience. It's nice having a fridge in the room, as well.
The light show was visible from our room, so we were able to enjoy a dessert we brought from our dinner out, to share, and with the ability to tune your room's tv to the music from the show, it's like being right there, but not fighting the crowds.
We were glad we chose this location, as you are across from the park, and not right on it,where you can hear the screams from the roller coaster constantly! Good stay for 2 days, close to lots to explore, even if you choose not to go to the Park.

Room Tip: Worth the price for the Park side rooms, ask for higher floor, before your stay. Go to the Earl of S...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank joboxer555
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is the most pocket-friendly of all the Disney hotels, and is pretty comfortable. First, about the location. It is the farthest from the parks of all the Disney hotels, but we did not find that to be an issue at all. It is a 10 minute walk (or less) to DCA and just about 12-15 minutes to DL if you cut thru the grand Californian. Considering the amount of walking you have resigned yourself to while in the parks, this is not a big deal at all in our experience. The walk thru the hotel to DCA is fun, and you emerge midway into downtown Disney as you turn towards DL, so that is not a pain either. So in our opinion, with 2 girls 11 and 8, the distance is not an issue.

Next the check in. It was very smooth, no time in the queue at all - though must be kept in mind that we visited May 7-11, in the "low " period - and very cheerful and enthusiastic cast member. We put a credit card on file, though it is elective, and that made sure that we did not have to check out at the desk when we left. We just got a bill under the door, and as everything was in order, we simply allowed them to bill the card and just vacated the room by 11 am on the 11th.

The rooms were clean and big. we had booked an upper level room with the park view, and the views are worth it. Watched WOC one night. It was good, but nothing like seeing it from the park, of course.

The early entry is a boon, helped us to avoid lines many times and get fast passes for RSR.

Food is expensive, but we hardly ate at the hotel, so that was ok. We found that having no complimentary water was an irritant, but TA reviewers had warned us in advance, so we were prepared. But a few complimentary bottles would be nice.

We also did not have any waiting at all for the elevators, except for once when we came back from the parks, and there was a queue in the lobby to go up. Guess we were lucky, having read the reviews about the slow elevators.

The pool was good, but the slide was out of commission the day we went. The water was not all that warm, but not cold either. the hot tub was nice and hot. No changing / shower rooms at the pool.

All in all, worth it in every way, comfortable and enjoyable.

Room Tip: High level with park views are worth the bucks.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank anurag_srivastava
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I need to give some history first. I would only stay at the Grand. After the remodel of the Disneyland Hotel we wanted to try it. So after staying now at the Grand and Disneyland I wanted to try the Paradise Pier so I could say I stayed at all 3 hotels. This review is from a back to back trip. 3 night stay, and 7 days at home, and returned for 3 more nights. From my arrival on the first trip I was met by Robert who helped with my car and luggage. And I thought if the rest of the staff was half as nice and helpful it would be great. I was wrong, I can't think of any of the hotel staff that wasn't great. I even needed the assists of hotel maintenance and they were there within 30 minutes to restore the power to the bathroom. Comparing Paradise Pier to the Grand the Pier rooms were brighter and cleaner. Far better service. Size of the room. Bathroom had more light and much more light for my wife to get ready. I could go on and on. But some important notes price almost half the cost. The location is just across the street and not that far. It's time for the Grand to get a major remodel.

Room Tip: The theme park view is nice but if you want to make your trip as low cost just get the standard roo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim L
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Great location, but over priced and run down. Nice to be near disneyland and enter hour early every morning of your stay, but until they improve the hotel OR reduce their price, stay somewhere else! Pool area needs a major overhaul and not enough lounge chairs to accommodate everyone.

Room Tip: We stayed in the less expensive room (pool / parking lot view), but over priced. The rooms are deco...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank 4444Deanna
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Could not really fault this hotel. Yes it is a little bit more expensive than non Disney but for that extra magic on your vacation it is worth it. My son loved the pool and slide, they have lifejackets so no need for your own floaties etc and lifeguards are present for extra peace of mind.
Great for entry via grand california hotel and early entry.
Staff were very helpful.
My son left behind a souveneir at the hotel and as many would do, assumed was lost but I did contact hotel and was very pleased to hear it had been handed in and they posted all the way to Australia for me. THis level of service you can not put a price on, when my son was in tears when we got home and he thought he had lost it, then the big smile when it arrived via post.

I will stay here again..... if I won lotto and could afford it haha

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family