“Great hotel”

Ranked #42 of 117 Hotels in Anaheim
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here for the last night of our Disney adventure, and found it extremely easy to access the Disney Downtown area and parks.. with the added bonus of a Magic Hour! The room was very spacious and clean and had all the amenities you would expect of such a hotel. The pool was excellent and the kids activities we very welcome. We had no trouble getting to Disneyland.. an easy 5 minute walk. Great stay and thanks.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank X3050PNMike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Ok, this is the lest expensive of the three DL hotels. But sure, it's still rather expensive.

However, by searching hotel sites or being a Annual Passholder, you can get nice prices during off season.

Are the rooms that much nicer than surrounding "Good Neighbor" hotels? Not really. But there's some nice benefits. First, if you stay in any of the three DL hotels, you are considered staying in all of them for benefits like using the pools or the secret entrance into DCA from the Grand Californian.

Next, they are a little closer. Not a lot, but when staying with those who have walking issues, or if you wanna get back to the hotel for a nap or to change clothes after being drenched on Splash mountain, it's nice.

Finally, and this is hard to quantify, there is that "Disney Magic". You KNOW all the employees with be cheerful and friendly, you KNOW the rooms and common areas will be spotless, you KNOW your kids will be safe for a little while watching TV, etc. And, on days where DL closes early, it does feel a little special.

Splurge once in a while.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank dan w
Fort Smith, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

This was our second stay at the Disneyland Resort, the previous year having gone to the Disneyland Hotel. That property was not available for our dates, so we booked Paradise Pier. I am an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, so staying off site wasn't really an option because I like to experience the Disney Resorts firsthand. We were very pleasantly surprised. The staff was courteous and we loved the theming of the room. It was cleaned well every day during our stay. The location was fabulous- very short walk to the parks and easy to get to. We ate at PCH Grill for dinner one evening, and it was empty. The food there was good and service was great. We didn't experience the elevator wait issues I have read about- a few waits but nothing that stressed us out. The hotel is showing a bit of wear and it just has a different feel as it was not built specifically as a Disney Resort. For a takeover, I think it's done well- they just need to maybe step up the general upkeep just a bit. I saw some chipped paint, carpet snags. All of these things may seem a bit picky, but when you are paying double for what you could for any hotel less than a mile away- I think you are entitled. I also felt like the entire pool area needs a good update. Other than that, we were very pleased and would definitely return.

Room Tip: Request higher floor. Rooms facing California Adventure do cost more. Use Grand Californian as ent...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank mota73
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I really find it fascinating that so many people complain that the hotel is such a hike from the parks and Downtown Disney. Considering that you walk around 10 miles a day inside the park, a 5 minute walk to get to the parks (I timed it) can't possibly be a deal breaker. It took us 7 minutes to walk to Downtown Disney - I've walked further for MUCH less. The hotel itself is very clean, smells fresh & is bright and airy. I can't compare to the other two Disney hotels ( I did walk through the Grand Californian which is obviously fancier) but I really liked this hotel. I had NO problems with the elevators taking a long time and we were on the 12th floor. The pool was great, but there was a lack of seating around the main pool mid-day so we found ourselves sitting around the wading pool instead. The slide was really cool but it freaked out my 6 year old (you can pick up some serious speed going down and she's timid) so I only got to do once (much to my dismay). There is a great view of the fireworks from the pool deck and they pipe in the soundtrack so you get to hear the whole "soundtrack"which we did the first night we arrived since we weren't hitting the parks until the next morning. We did use the extra magic hour which helped slightly but the park sure seems to fill up quick once it opens to the general public and that hour flies by at warp speed. I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat. We did not pay for a park view room because we knew that we were not going to be spending any real time in the room but somehow got upgraded to one anyway which was an incredible surprise. It was lovely to look out over the park after we came back totally exhausted to watch a few minutes of World of Color. I still would not pay for a park view room even after having one, and I realize that the upgrade was just a stroke of luck so I am sure that next time we won't have that perk and that will be fine with me since we really didn't need it. I didn't eat at the restaurant so I can't speak to the quality of the food there but every employee I encountered was friendly (if not overly so). My daughter loved the Goofy statue in the lobby and I can honestly say that I was sad to say goodbye to this hotel and the magic of Disneyland. Fair warning to the hotel: WE WILL BE BACK :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank SR0720
Hollywood, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here for two days for the Fourth of July weekend, and it turned out to be a very good choice! We checked in at 1pm, and Heather at the front desk was friendly and efficient. Our room was already ready, room 339. Located on the third floor next to the pool, the room had no view, but rather it has a lanai, a rather big one, too, with a large table with four chairs and a gate that allows you to head right up the stairs to the pool - we spent our first night lounging on our lanai, looking up at the few stars that twinkled above. Room was large and clean, and our Mousekeeping staff responded quickly to our requests for extra towels and extra stationery (I like to collect hotel stationery, which is rare these days, so it was a blast to discover that the Paradise Pier Hotel has stationery and postcards!). The shower has a rotating showerhead, which I found interesting, but I agree with other reviewers that it is difficult to regulate temperature - it can be steaming hot one moment and then icy cold the next. Pool was closed one day, but we were able to enjoy the pool at Grand Californian. The other day we enjoyed the pool, but I preferred the hot tub there at Paradise Pier, since it is covered. Our stay included the concierge level, which was just so-so. It included an okay continental breakfast and light snacks in the afternoon. The best part of the concierge level is all the water bottles and cans of soda you can take, but I still don't think it's worth the extra money, as you can also make a quick trip to the Target on Harbor and buy water and soda and store it in your fridge in the hotel room. All in all a very enjoyable stay, and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the third floor if you wish for a lanai.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank thebellcaptain
Clovis, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here last month for a quick Disney trip. We wanted to be close to the park but not spend the prices at the Grand Californian and The Disneyland Hotel. We were greeted warmly and got right to the park. You can use the entrance through The Grand Californian to California Adventure, so it is very convenient. We would come back again for sure. The rooms are clean and comfortable, nicely decorated with a beach theme. It's nice to park and walk to everything!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ginadesign
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

If you have to stay here, you have to try concierge with theme park view. We had a small problem when we checked in, but with the magic of Disney hospitality, our room had rose petals in the shape of a heart with a bride & groom ducks and love spelled out with the petals (it was an anniversary trip). We were on the 14th floor, and had a wonderful view of the fireworks. You can see the beautiful colors of World of Color, but if you have never seen the actual presentation, you probably would not know what it's about. The king sized bed we had was like sleeping on a cloud - very comfortable. The room was relatively quiet. No one running in the halls, just an occasional water faucet sound from another room - but again, very quiet. You can have the windows open slight, just enough to hear the fireworks and WOC, but there is piped in music when those events are going on. The concierge room is great! It's worth the price of the room - having to save money by not eating at the park all the time. The Nespresso coffee maker is good, not Starbucks quality, but good. The fruits and vegetables are nice, the muffins, breads and cheese are pretty tasty along with the nightly hot snacks like vegetable egg roll, spanakopita, spinach & sun dried tomato empanada. No matter what Disney hotel purists look down on Paradise Pier, it's still a wonderful hotel and we hope to return to the same concierge hotel room again.

Room Tip: Theme park views are worth the price!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple