“Nice hotel....but the elevators!”

Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Ranked #43 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Prince George, Canada
“Nice hotel....but the elevators!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We are Disney Vacation club members so we stayed on our membership. Hotel very clean and the staff friendly and helpful. This is not the best of the Disney properties, but it is close and convenient. The are cheaper options that are nicer in the area, but we prefer to stay on site, plus being club members we don't pay. PLEASE Disney, do something about the elevators. They are SOOO slow! Still a fun hotel with Disney charm and magic.

3 Thank David S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

This was my first time to stay in a Disney property and i,m so happy I did. We had booked a package for a two bedroom suite with park hopper tickets for all of us. We arrived around noon time and the lovely check in staff - Monica and Carrie - were ready to give us a suite but informed me that it wasn't facing the park and the park view suite would be ready in another hour. We opted for the park view and left our bags with the bell desk in order to go and have lunch. Within a short time Monica called me on my cell phone and told me the room was ready. We couldn't wait to get there. The suite was lovely. It was on the 15th floor - the last floor and directly facing the California adventure park. What a view!!! It was even better appreciated at night time with the fireworks and water show directly facing us in the comfort of our suite. The suite is really very good sized and can fit a family of 7-8 comfortably. It has a common large door and once you enter there are two separate doors next to each other. One of them leads to a large living and dining room which has a large sofa bed easily for two persons. This room led into a bedroom with two double beds and its own bathroom. The living room had its own FULL bath and not a powder room or guest WC. The other door led into a bedroom with a king bed and its own bath. So we had 3 full baths. You could sit the full day just looking into the park and hearing the screams of the people on the rides. Internet is free but speed is really very bad. Its a busy hotel and time of the year so waiting for lifts can be a bit long. However the beauty is that we could just cross the road and enter into the parks via a private entrance from the sister hotel across. Also you can stroll to the Disney downtown area which is another lovely place to spend hours. Next morning we took advantage of the early entry into the park with the family. Valet parking is at 25 dollars and the staff are very nice. In fact all the staff are such nice people and ready to accommodate your requests. We had breakfast with the Disney characters one day and it was a buffet breakfast with a very good assortment of food.
We enjoyed each and every minute of our time here and cannot wait to return again.

Room Tip: Park view rooms
3 Thank DXBDOC
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Honestly, I would probably rate Paradise Pier a 3.5, but thanks to a surprise room upgrade, I am "upgrading" my score. Last weekend we met up with some friends for the weekend to celebrate Birthdays at Disneyland/DCA. We wanted to stay somewhere special, while also not breaking the bank. Since we were splitting the room, we splurged and decided to stay at Paradise Pier (since it was $330 a night). I was excited to learn that as a Disneyland Hotel guest, you get to enter the parks (on designated days) an hour early... what could be better?!?!

Check-in was a breeze, probably because we arrived after 5PM, but were super surprised to be upgraded to a premium view room. How awesome is that? Totally unexpected and I think it was because they knew we were celebrating a Birthday. The hotel itself is cute, but nothing that wow's me. I love Mickey on the carpet leading to our room. I sincerely thought the Disney decor in our room was cute, fresh, and fun. The room was clean and we had a great view of California Adventure from our 8th Floor room.

As others have said previously, the elevator situation stinks. It takes forever to get one and we ended up having to use the stairs a couple times. I also agree that no elevator in the parking lot is kind of sucky. Also, they charge $17 for parking, which is a lot considering how much you pay for the hotel. On the other hand, you cannot beat the location, well I guess the Grand Californian beats it, but honestly it was so close. That was a great benefit. We didn't use the pool or watch the fireworks from there, but I wish we would have.

I do think I would return back to this hotel. Especially if I could get a good rate. There are many decent hotels sort of close to the parks, but this one is the best I've stayed at (besides Grand Californian). If you can splurge, I say do it!

Room Tip: Get a view of DCA if you can!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank travelfoodie1018
Lahaina, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

We decided to visit Disneyland before taking our oldest child to college & surprised them with a stay at Paradise Pier. We loved the convenience & Magic Hour entry, room was nice and a welcome sight after the hours spent in the parks.
Only downside, there are three elevators (four if you count the one that sits in an alcove) and they seem to take an eternity to arrive. There were times that we waited more than 15 minutes for one to stop at our floor (4th). It seems that if you stayed on floors 10 & up it would get to you faster. We were unable to call the alcove elevator on our floor so we opted to use the stairs instead. Quick tip....take the stairs to the second floor and then go back in and take the staircase down to the first floor.
Another heads up....the elevator will always stop at the third floor because that's where the pool is and there are always families getting on & off there.
Overall, it was a good experience but I think for our next visit we'll opt to stay at Disneyland or Grand Californian instead...

2 Thank ChangOhana
Riverside, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

One of the Disneyland hotels. The hotel is clean with a nice beach decor. The staff are very professional and friendly. Check in was quick and well handled.

Rooms are spacious and clean. All amenities work well.

I found two issues with hotel. The first was the verrrrry slow elevators. Some waits were 10 or more minutes, causing the guests to take the fire escape stairs.

The second issue was the high cost of everything in the hotel. A cup of coffee, one only, was over three dollars. Meals were like wise costly. The buffet breakfast was over $30.00.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Chuck8700
Scottsdale, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. It was the first trip to Disneyland for my three nieces and my first time in 30+ years. For the price (nearly $400 a night, with tax, for a standard room and non-park view) I was expecting way more. It was just a standard run of the mill hotel with a Goofy statue at the entrance and a mickey mouse lamp in the room. Our room was not ready when we checked in around 3:30 (even though check in was supposed to start at 3:00). The staff was not apologetic nor did they offer any sort of upgrade or credit for the mishap. It took nearly 30 minutes to purchase our park tickets at the hotel front desk (the staff accidentally over charged us and couldn't figure out how to credit our card back) and the rooms could use some serious updating (furnishings, carpet and paint are all showing signs of wear and tear, linens however were nice). Also, we parked on the fourth floor in the garage and upon asking where the elevators were, we were informed there is no elevators in the garage. This is a pain with luggage and little kids in tow. The "cast member" just shrugged and said "Disney didn't build this hotel, if they did there would be a lot of things that would have been done differently." The location is good but so is the location of all the other hotels surrounding the property. The real (or only) bonus of staying here is the early entrance into the park and since we were only able to go to the park for one day we wanted to make every minute count. Simply because Disney has their name associated with this hotel they feel justified to charge exorbitant prices.

1 Thank wormcreative
Newberg, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We have stayed at the DisneyLand Hotel the last two stays and decided to try the Paradise Pier
we were so happy. The room good not be any cleaner. The staff went out of their way to make us happy. The shower head was not working properly and we told the Elizabeth the room service person and she called right away and made things happen! The maintenance man showed up within 5 minutes and put in a new shower head on and even showed me how to work it. Elizabeth (I think she went by Eva) took care of our room and she was the best ever, she left some great decorations for my granddaughter s birthday that was outstanding, my granddaughter loved it. She is a great person, and works so hard on making you happy. Stars to you Elizabeth, thank you. I saw reviews of slow elevators and we didn’t have that problem. We also didn't pay for a view room, and never missed the view because we was gone late at night.

1 Thank cleesp