“Best place on Disney Property”

Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
Ranked #41 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Wisconsin
“Best place on Disney Property”
Reviewed 11 January 2009

We stayed here twice and received a free upgrade both times. The hotel is very nice and the views are beautiful. We had a pool view once, and a park view. both were nice, but prefer park view. It's the farthest hotel on property to walk to, but at least its still on property.

• Liked — on Disney property and close to Disneyland
  • Disliked — a little expensive
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
4 Thank Crystal V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 29 December 2008

Booked a Disneyland package-Paradise Pier Hotel with Concierge Service plus package extras. Just the wife and I.
Of the 3 on the grounds hotels, this was the least visibly populated (Great!). Convenient to get to Disneyland and California Adventures and easy to get back to hotel for rest and then back out.
Accomodations were above average. Wife loved the mouse eared toiletries.
Concierge service is well worth the extra money. Someone always there, contiental breakfast, snacks throughout the day, wine/beer with hors d'ovres after 5:00 pm. Also, had an internet PC. Concierge helped get us a dinner reservation when phone service said no reservations available.
Had room service breakfast our last day and was about the same cost as the character viewing buffet breakfast.
I would strongly recommend to all a package deal with a stay on the grounds.

• Liked — Convenience to Disneyland
  • Disliked — Small hot tub
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
6 Thank cactuspal
Oregon
Reviewed 29 December 2008

I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!
We have stayed at this hotel 3 times and are always impressed. The last time, due to cost, we were thinking of possibly staying at another property. I'm so glad we didn't! On our first day there, our daughter became very ill. I was very worried about her and when housekeeping came to the room, I told the woman they did not need to clean today because my daughter was ill and in bed. WIthin the next 5 minutes, the front desk called my room and offered to help. They had an onsite nurse talk with me. She told me they were able to contact an on call doctor that does house calls to the hotel and within an hour, a doctor was at our door ready to examine her with medication in hand for my daughter's nausea. I was so grateful. She woke up later that day feeling much better. Soon after, there was a knock on our door and the hotel staff was there with a bouquet of balloons in hand and a personalized signed picture of Buzz and Woody to help her get well! Later that night, they brought mickey ears rice krispie treats dipped in chocolate for the whole family. Although she missed a day in the park, she felt so special to have all the attention. The housekeeper and hotel staff did not have to go above and beyond but they did!! I was so amazed that they would take the time and effort to make our stay enjoyable even when illness struck. I felt truly safe. I can't imagine the situation we would have been in had we stayed at another hotel. Having no car, I was imagining trying to get a cab to go to a hospital with an 8 year old who couldn't hold down even water for more than 5 minutes!!
We have always loved this hotel and will continue to make it a part of our Disney experience in the years to come!! Thank you Paradise Pier staff. I have never forgotten your kindness. We are planning another trip to Disneyland in the upcoming months and look forward to staying there again! :)

• Liked — Cleanliness and Service
  • Disliked — Nothing!
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
10 Thank dct93
ryanallen
Reviewed 28 December 2008

We just returned from a family vacation from the Disneyland resort, where we stayed at the Paradise Pier.12-14-12-18-2008. This was our grand kids first visit, and I figured staying on a Disney property, that we would be greeted at check in with a little "Disney enthusiam", but it was just the opposite, no smiles, no eye contact, nothing...there was only 1 person working the check in desk but it was not busy. We asked if we could upgrade our room and was told the hotel was full. When we got to our room it was the wrong type so back down to the lobby, where I talked to a new front desk person, and asked her if the hotel was full, and her answer was no, so when I asked her why we could not be upgraded she said it was because of the travel agent we went through (Disney Travel)...The bottom line is this hotel is not worth the money that was paid..We have been to DIsneyland many times and there are alot of better hotels, that have better servce, better amenities, and cheeper prices. This was a expensive lesson learned.

• Liked — there was nothing I really liked about this hotel
  • Disliked — Way to expensive for the price
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank ryanallen
pittsburgh,pa
Reviewed 11 December 2008

This was my first stay at Paradise Pier. My brother was treating my mother and I to 3 days at Disneyland. We had a 3rd floor room. These rooms all have little porches with direct access to the pool. It was not very noisy even though there were people in the pool several nights.We also used the Beach Combers lounge. I don't know how this worked I guess you payed more. You had to use you room card to get in, but it was nice. Free food until 8pm. Would stay there again. Walkto park was long, but not as long as the wait for the shuttle to the parking garage.

• Liked — Easy access to Park
  • Disliked — Needs more restuarants priced lower for a fast bite
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank 65Becky
California
Reviewed 2 December 2008

We stayed 4 nights at Disney's Paradise Pier Nov. 23-26, 2008. Our stay was absolutely wonderful. This was our second stay at PP. We had a two bedroom suite located on the 15th floor, which is the top floor so no pitter-patter above us! The suite is huge! It is basically three guest rooms connected together. We had one king room w/ bathroom, the living room in the middle with a large "L" shaped hide-a-bed couch and its own bathroom, and a third room with 2 Queen beds and a bathroom. For our family of 7, the suite was more than adequate.
We also chose the concierge option at the hotel figuring the extra $100/day would pay for itself having 5 kids and ourselves. The lounge is large and very nice. There is a big screen that shows Disney movies, a computer for guests to use, a private concierge (helped us get reservations at Rain Forest Cafe) and lots of goodies to snack on during meal-times as well as any time throughout the day. Breakfast was cold cereals, bagels, toast, cin. rolls, danishes, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, and other drinks. 5-7pm is "happy hour". It was perfect for us. We came back from the parks and enjoyed hot munchies, chips and salsa and wine and beer. The kids could have sodas and juice all day long. We would take sodas, waters, milk and juice back to the room refrigerator which was really convenient.
From PP, you can get to the parks either through the Grand Californian Hotel, which is just right across the street, or walking to Downtown Disney and taking the monorail. Both options are easy and so much better than waiting for a hotel shuttle or bus (which we have also experienced). Because we spent four days at the parks and stayed on the property, we could come and go to the hotel and rest. Even our teenagers appreciated the break from the crowds at the hotel.
Our rooms were immaculate, and didn't have that "hotel" odor. The sheets are not crusty-hard, and the towels are plenty plush.
I would definitely recommend staying at Paradise Pier. It is convenient, clean and fun.

• Liked — The huge clean rooms (15th floor), concierge lounge, free internet, location to CA Park and Disneyland.
  • Disliked — Only one day during check in, we had to wait for an elevator to go from gound floor, to the 15th.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
7 Thank CaliforniaC_c
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 20 November 2008

We booked this one night (Nov. 5, 2008). The hotel was fairly empty, so they upgraded us to a view of the park. This seemed great, but we were kept up a little later due to some fireworks nearby (not sure where, as the park was closed)!! Nonetheless, it was a great room. 2 queen beds and one twin bed for my youngest. It is sometimes tricky with three kids, but this set up works great for us. My husband and I still get one child each with us, but in a queen bed it is much roomier.

We got a notice the morning we were checking out with an option to stay for one more night for $99.00. Unfortunately, for us to stay another night, we would have needed to purchase another day at the park--which negates the savings on the room! If we had only know earlier, we could have planned!! The park was EMPTY (we were there Wed and Thurs Nov, 5 and 6th). No more than a 10 minute wait anywhere. NICE!

• Liked — Nice room set up for 5 people!
  • Disliked — A little pricey.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family