Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Alpine Inn(Anaheim)
2,396 results
All reviewscharacter breakfastgrand californiancalifornia adventuredowntown disneybeach themebeach ball pillowsrice crispy treatspark viewglass elevatorpool deckconcierge roomdisney magicday bedcast membersacross the streetboth parksextra magic hour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 March 2009

We've now stayed at this hotel several times, and it's our top choice for Disneyland. The staff is very helpful and friendly, rooms are big and well appointed, and the location is so convenient. The addition of a seriously fantastic Japanese restaurant makes this place a can't miss.

The rooms are, well, roomy. The standard room has two queens and a fold out couch. TV is typical analog type, but fairly big. Flat screen would be a nice touch, time to uprade! Rooms are alway very tidy and the hotel is quite modern. It was my husband's birthday during our stay, and the staff was obviously trying even harder than usual to make our stay special. Mickey Mouse Rice Crispy treats were delivered shortly after we checked in, the housekeepers presented us with a birthday cake fashioned from washrags and ribbons, and there was a nightly turndown service.

As I mentioned, cracking good Japanese restaurant Yamabuki is onsite, but the PCH Grill is no slouch either with tasty American style food. Very nice pool as well, with a large lounging area. Plenty to keep the kids occupied on the ground floor with a TV room showing non-stop cartoons and a video game room. For the adults, there's a bar on the ground floor and a fitness center.

You can walk to the parks in about 5 minutes. Either head towards Downtown Disney to the Monorail station or cut through the Grand Californian (this option is only for those staying at one of the 3 resort hotels).

If you've got the big bucks, by all means stay at the Grand Californian. In my opinion, the Disneyland Hotel is past it's prime and way overpriced.

Paradise Pier is the best deal at the resort, and a real bargain if you have an annual pass.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank WendyBinAZ
Reviewed 7 March 2009

Because this was both my niece's and my boyfriend's very first time at Disneyland ever, I read the reviews and waffled over where to stay on my trip to Disneyland for months. Finally decided to stay at one of the three resort hotels, so I called the Disney hotline and got a very helpful (and jovial) lady on the phone. She described the two that I was trying to pick from in great detail, and sold me on the Paradise Pier Hotel because their 1-bedroom suites have two full bathrooms, so I thought that was a really great value since the Disneyland Hotel suite was about the same price, but only has one bathroom, and there were up to five of us at one point on this trip.

When we got there, we were blown away. The staff was super friendly and courteous, the room was way bigger (and a little nicer) than I imagined, and we had an amazing view of California Adventure. There was construction going on over there, but at night, you can't really see that part. All you see are the lights, and of course, you can hear the people screaming on the rides...heehee... Our very comfortable two queen beds were turned down with chocolates on the pillows, and there were plenty of extra pillows and blankets for the sofa sleeper and the beds. My little 5-yr-old niece was so impressed! That's about all we needed. The sofa sleeper is in a large L-shaped sofa and you could easily fit three or four small kids on that.

The PCH Grill, home of Lilo & Stitch, is inside the hotel. We went to brunch there and enjoyed both the food and the company. We ate with Lilo, Stitch, Goofy, Daisy Duck, and Minnie Mouse! It was so exciting for the kids, and so much fun to watch them getting all giddy over the characters. The buffet was very nice, with lots of fresh melon, strawberries, and pineapple, eggs cooked to order, and Mickey Mouse-shaped waffles, to name a few items. It's all you can eat, so I thought it was a good value. We also ate at the PCH Grill for a late dinner our last night at Disney, which was again very good; some of the best fish and chips I've had, actually, and they have a tasty selection of cocktails, both with and without alcohol.

I thought we would need the Concierge service, which costs a little extra, but it wasn't available this trip because they're currently remodeling their Concierge Lounge. I suppose it would have been nice to have, but we really didn't need it after all. Maybe during the busier times of the season it would be a little more necessary. I would recommend though that you bring some snacks, sandwich fixings, and favorite beverages along (there are fridges and microwaves in the rooms), especially if you're staying on a weekend and plan to "close the parks" each night. There is room service for one hour after the parks close, but then you have to wait for the food to be prepared and delivered, and if lots of people order room service, you might be waiting awhile for your food. The coffee maker is tiny and isn't really ideal for more than two people, so we didn't use it. I recommend if you like to have coffee as soon as you wake up, bring an electric hot-pot and coffee press, or, any other type of coffee maker, and your own coffee. Otherwise, there's a cafe/lounge downstairs that had pretty good coffee to go, but you of course have to get dressed before you go down there. It also serves pastries and other snacks.

The only thing I was disappointed in was that we didn't get to eat in the sushi restaurant, also on the premises. Oh well, next time...

One other thing to mention, or I should say, person to mention. Rich, from Ontario Canada - what a great guy! He is one of those Disney employees who really knows how to make you feel special on your stay. If you do stay at Paradise Pier, Rich is always out front during the daytime, with his corny jokes and straw hat. Make sure you stop and say hello!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank SkuaDuck
Reviewed 26 February 2009

We stayed here for 4 nights over President's Day weekend. The 4th night was free. While this hotel is farther from the park entrances than the other two Disney properties, we were overall pleased with our stay. Our room, a suite, had plenty of room for four, including two bathrooms. The room was clean and comfortable; although the hide-a-bed was horrible. But the couch was large enough that one teen slept fine on the cushions. The only other complaint we had was not enough wattage in the lights. Very hard to read at night. The stafff was always accomodating and very pleasant. We never ate at the hotel, so cannot comment on that. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank ThreesCompanyOtown
Reviewed 16 February 2009

I went with a friend and her two teenaged children for one night on February 12th. The pool is heated and nice. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated. They are basic hotel rooms, nothing special, but perfectly good with a few cute Disney touches. We paid the pass holder discount rate of $139/night. The hotel itself is not worth more than that, but the location is.

It's a quick walk (cut through the Grand Californian) to Disneyland. This hotel seems to be closer to the parks than the Disneyland Hotel, but I didn't test that out.

We ate dinner one night in the hotel restaurant and the food was good. I got coffee and cereal in the morning at the coffee bar.

One negative was that the room was warm the entire time. I could not set the air low enough. I forgot to tell the desk when we checked out.

The only other drawback was that we had requested adjoining rooms and they couldn't accommodate us. I was surprised, but didn't push the issue. They put us on the same floor, but at opposite ends of the floor. Had we been staying for longer, I would have pressed the issue. It makes a big difference to be near your party.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank EthelM
Reviewed 9 February 2009

We booked our trip to Disneyland staying at Paradise Pier hotel, from January 31 - February 8th 2009, directly through Disneyland.com.

There is no doubt that there is not a lot of "value" associated with staying at ANY Disney resort. You are paying for one thing only - and that's being close to the park. The paradise pier is a short walk to the monorail, downtown disney, and california adventure. You could stay at a much nicer spot, off property, for much less money. That said, there is something special about being so close the park and having the Disney service around you. Contrary to some reviews, I found the service to be quite good at the hotel. I was always greeted, smiled at, and everyone seemed quite nice. Because we were celebrating our engagement and I had let them know before hand (I highly recommend calling the hotel directly to request a king bed if you are travelling as a couple without kids), they had upgraded our room to a concierge room, and had left rose petals on the bed. Our housekeeper kept putting a fresh rose in the vase on our counter each day - which was a really nice touch. Shortly after check in, someone came up with some Disney Mickey themed rice krispie treats, which was also really nice.

This was my second stay at Paradise Pier, and I did see a lot of improvement from the service side of things. I would compare the rooms and common areas to a standard 3 star chain hotel, like a Holiday Inn. Nothing special, but very clean, with a bit of Disney Theme to it. I felt that the rooms could be updated a bit, as I noticed a bit of wallpaper peeling away and the pipes drained slowly in the sink. I'm not the type of person to make a big deal of this, and notified them on check out so that they could take care of it for the next guest.

The park itself is in disarray. I think Walt really would turn over in his grave... it's just not as clean and well kept as it used to be. Gum all over the place stuck to the ceilings of rides, all over the ground, spit on the mirrors in some of the rides (space mountain, Alice in Wonderland)... but I guess you can't always clean up after the ingrates! But... we had an amazing time, everyone was friendly, staying at the hotel was great - and I would definitely recommend it if you want to be close to the park, just keep in mind that you are paying to be close, and that's it.

Just a tip as well... we travelled with some family staying offsite, and they were paying to park at the Disney Parkade each day (12 bucks a day) - but if you go to the front desk at Paradise Pier and tell them you are renting a second vehicle, they'll give you another parking pass free of charge which saved my family some cash, and saved them from having to ride the people mover to the park.

Also, if you want to save money on eats, avoid the hotel restaurants. Rainforest Cafe is good (coconut shrimp are fantastic) and reasonably priced. If you want good Sushi, avoid the place in the hotel (it's good, but expensive) and head over to "the Block @ Orange" it's a big outdoor mall with a great sushi place that's quite reasonable. Front desk will have directions. Enjoy your trip, it's a great place to be!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank tehsteve