I have read most of the reviews posted and was a little concerned about the reviews posted in the negative. We had Disney's special for 2 nights and 2 day park hopper tickets for November 2 & 3rd. This was a family trip and the best trip we ever had. Upon arriving at the hotel, the hotel staff was great. They explained everything including the parks magic morning hours. Although our rooms were not ready when we arrived we were allowed to leave our luggage with the hotel and when our rooms were available the hotel did send cell phone text messages advising of our room numbers.
The distance to the park took only 7 minutes to walk to the monorail station. As a cancer patient still undergoing chemotherapy and with little energy this was a short walk even a cancer patient can handle without any problem. I was concerned that those who posted that the walk was indeed long, I couldn't figure what was so long about it. Five to seven minutes is shorter than taking a walk around the block of your home.
We were not sure how the hotel would assign our rooms but were assured that we would be on the same floor. There were four of us and we had two rooms. To my surprise the hotel put us in connecting rooms and this was great. The bell hop who brought up our luggage explained everything to us in detail including which walkway to take to Downtown Disney and the monorail. The rooms were great, clean and most of all comfortable. We had standard rooms which were not small but had plenty of room which were great for all of us. These standard rooms were like most standard rooms at any hotel. However, most hotels do not offer free internet which we found to be great and very much took advantage of this service. They also had refrigerators, coffeemaker, ironing board, hair dryer, and many other amenities. The hotel only has one restaurant and a quick service place which in the morning offers pastries, fruit, bagels, different types of coffees, milk, hot chocolate, etc., and a rather large sitting area for conversation and relaxation. At night it serves as a bar which after a long day at Disneyland it was nice to sit down with a glass of wine and just relax. There is a restaurant at the end of the block called Coco's which serves breakfast to dinner for a reasonable price. So for all of those who do not want to spend too much in dining, Coco's is the place to go.
The only drawback we found was the elevators; however, since all of the guests staying at the hotel are there to attend the Disneyland parks it would only stand to reason that the elevators would take time in the morning since everyone wants to get an early start at the parks. This was the only time we encountered the slowness of the elevators. Since we arrived back at the hotel before the park closed, I'm not sure if the elevators were slow as well at this time.
Because of the time we spent at Disneyland we did not try out the pool or any of the other services the hotel had to offer. A newspaper was placed in front of our door every morning and when it was time for us to check out, the hotel staff had our receipt in an envelope with instructions for an express check out. This was by far the best since all we had to do was pick up the phone, give your room number and time of check out. No need to go downstairs and wait in line.
I would recommend this hotel to those who are looking to enjoy a great trip. As for the cost of the rooms, we had a special deal and after figuring out the cost of the tickets and the least expensive hotel stay at any of the neighboring hotels, the difference was only $200.00 plus not all hotels have many amenities to offer and most of all, you would need to pay for a shuttle or walk the long distance to Disneyland. For us it was worth the additional monies for convenience.
We look forward to going back to Disneyland and would definitely return and stay at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. It was the least expensive of the three hotels and although we did have concerns about it being the least expensive, we were not sure what to expect but we all agreed that it was a great place to stay. For those who wrote about the hotel in the negative and expected way to much luxury for a "standard room, " should have reserved a suite instead. The room and hotel, as far as we are concerned,, lived up to Disney standards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Return to the heyday of California beachfront boardwalks at Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. Loaded with special Disney touches, this seaside-themed hotel will carry you on a wave of relaxation, all the way up to the whimsical waterslide at the scenic rooftop pool. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, exceptional dining and entertainment are just steps away. Hotel Guests can also enjoy a special entrance through Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa to Disney California Adventure Park with a valid Park ticket. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneyland Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disney Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Paradise Pier Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Paradise Pier Anaheim
- Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel Anaheim, California