“Location Location Location”

Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
Ranked #32 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 25 November 2011

The hotel lobby makes a wonderful first impression and the room didn't let us down. We found the room spacious, clean, and comfortable. The only downside was how long the trek was from the elevator the room -- it felt like a maze that went on forever, but well worth it once inside. The bed was super comfortable with nice linens. The products supplied (shampoos & such) were high quality. Even though we didn't pay extra for a view room we looked onto the back of Calif Adventure -- which was super because we could hear the charming music -- but thankfully only when we chose to crack the slider door. When the door was closed it was silent. The staff lived up to reviews too. Only area we had slightly slow service was in the Hearthside Lounge. We would go back soon. HIghly recommend this to anyone who can swing the extra bucks to be so close to the fun. Your feet will thank you.

Room Tip: Be conscious of just how far you might have to trek from the elevator. I know farther is usually qui...

Reviewed 24 November 2011

We've been staying at the Grand at least once a year since it opened years ago! The Concierge lounge is perfect----great service and fantastic selection of food throughout the day. Worth the price because we end up not spending money on food at the park unless we are celebrating a special occasion. The rooms are small but works for a family of five like mine. Excellent location---always a pleasure to stay here!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank luxetrip
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Best hotel we have ever stayed at. Great for families of course. View of California Adventure was awesome. Location to Downtown Disney was great and the pools were terrific!

Room Tip: Ask for a villa.
Reviewed 22 November 2011

The rooms are tiny, over priced, dark and a bit run down. The food at the restaurants were very below average and very expensive. I cannot confirm it but I am 95% sure I received food poisoning from the Napa Restaurant. The location, lobby and staff are excellent but I will not be returning to the Grand Californian unless they complete a major overhaul and bring in some better chefs. The food was just horrible at the lounge, storytellers cafe and napa. The hotel feels really over crowded as well not a 4-star experience by any stretch.

1  Thank bogmanswife
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Perfect location if you have young children & want to visit Disneyland primarily. You have a chance to eat with the characters in the morning at Storyteller's Cafe & you can go to Disneyland @ 7am on certain days to avoid the crowds. Downtown disney is right outside the hotel where there is a good variety of restaurants. One drawback is everything is higher priced so you pay for this convenience. We also walked to Coco's Bakery Cafe a short distance from the hotel for a reasonably priced place to eat. Don't need a car while there and we rode the Disneyland Express to & from LAX and also took a bus to Universal Studios...picked up right at the hotel..very convenient. Very pleasant personnel encountered.

Room Tip: We had 2 queens, very comfy & clean pillows and bed.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Hula22
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I was scheduled for two treatments. A 50 minute massage and a hair and scalp treatment. From start to finish my two treatments were only 40 minutes long. I thought it felt short but didn't realize just how short it was until I went and got my phone to see what time it was. My massage was at 11am and I was back in the lounge area at 11:40. Unacceptable when you are spending that kind of money and expect a certain level of service. Also, the front desk ladies were extremely rude when I told them about my experience. I was very kind about it and just wanted someone to be aware about what happened.

The spa itself is nice but is extremely small. There is one waiting area and it's for both men and women. It only has two benches for waiting. The woman's area is extremely small with a few showers, a steam room and a sauna all in one. There is one sink and that is where you get ready. VERY small.

A major disappointment considering this is Disney. I will not be back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank southernatheart07
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I paid a FORTUNE for our room because I wanted my nephew to have the same Disney experience that my niece had. It is a lovely hotel, but there were no Disney "touches". There was one picture of Snow White in our room and that was it. Parking was $15/day, and across the street at that. Disneyland and Downtown Disney were a bit of a walk (not bad), but the one super-plus was that California Adventure was literally next door to our room. And we could even see the ferris wheel from the balcony! We were in room 5344. ZERO water pressure in the shower - forget washing out the conditioner. :(

2  Thank kadels_s