“Great very close to both the parks”

Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
Ranked #32 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 9 November 2012 via mobile

The Grand Californian was a very cool hotel. When you walk in there is a huge fireplace inside of a massive room, so your enterance is grand. Disney did a very good job with this hotel because it is so close to both parks. If you go down one hall way you are in California adventure and down another is downtown Disney. The hotel has a few resteraunts one of which has a character breakfast with chip and dale. The rooms were very nice and pretty luxurious. This hotel is not chosen for its luxury but more for its closeness to the parks even though it is a very nice hotel. I highly reccomend the hotel

-RMV123

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Rmv123
Write a ReviewReviews (4,571)

Reviewed 7 November 2012

I paid quite a bit more for a "premium room, with a park view", but I was "upgraded" to a pool view. I had a pool view last year and paid much less. I called the front desk to ask them about this and they said that "premium" ment pool or park. I told them I had a pool view last year for much less money, but they had no answer for me. The room was not very clean and had declined from last years stay. When we checked out of the hotel, they took the bags from the room and said they would be waiting at valet with our car. When we got there, our car came out, but no bags. I asked if they would get my bags and they said they would. 35 minutes later, my wife went to the Bell desk to ask where our bags were and they said wait here. 15 minutes later, they still had not gotten back to her. A valet asked us to move our car and I told them we have been waiting almost an hour for our bags and no one would bring them. The valet finally got them to bring out the bags and the guy said he brought them out earlier but couldn't find us. I know that wasn't true, because we were right at the door where the bags come out.
You can't beat the location, but I was very frustrated with the service and switch of my room. I feel that they just don't care anymore, because they are so busy. I will probably not stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank VNHW
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Disney does it again , what a wonderful place, The rooms are superior and the staff is not to be believed, Its an tad pricey but well worth it. The pool area is large with the most comfey lounge chairs, the restaurants are fantastic with a relaxed atmosphere, Its a great place not only for families,but for we adults that love the whole disney experience.My sister and I go each year usually in sept. when the kids are back in school.

Room Tip: The downtown disney view is great, their is a lot to look at
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel last weekend. Loved the location. My children, 4 and 7 year olds, loved the two hours they spent at Pinocchio's Workshop (aka daycare). The staff was wonderful. My only complaint is the strange smell the bed sheets had and the curtain. It reminded me of vinegar. I didn't call to complain because after having had a very busy day I was too tired to do so. The room size is standard and I wouldn't put it in the 5-star category.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank ElsieBH
Reviewed 5 November 2012

My family and I have been staying here for years. This time we were there for family vacation, as well as to celebrate my daughters birthday. She really liked the warm welcome upon check in. The staff presented her with an autographed photo of Mini Mouse, along with special buttons for everyone in our party. We love the convenient location, within minutes of either park and private entrances to both California Adventure and Downtown Disney.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I was there with my daughter on our own, hubby had to fly out to Hong Kong prior to our arrival. The hotel was wonderful, the staff looked after us so well and the concierge lounge was a huge benefit- Somewhere to rest to get a drink and be a little bit social without the huge numbers of people. As per usual Disney does make everything special. My daughter still talks about how wonderful the room attendants were (leaving chocolates every night on the pillows).
Outstanding!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jextro
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel, we are completely spoiled to stay at other hotels on our trips to Disneyland. The hotel is so beautiful, and it is a nice retreat from the hectic pace of the parks. Staff was friendly, we even received an upgrade to a theme park view room! Location can't be beat. We were at the furthest point from the Downtown Disney entrance and could still be at Disneyland gate in 5-7 minutes. Entrance to California Adventure is right in hotel, made it easy if we had to run back to room. Pool area was very nice and White Water Snacks is a hidden gem for a quick meal. It is an expensive hotel but we feel it is worth it!

• Stayed: October 2012