We have stayed here twice with our family. Each time, we had to wait in a looooong line at check in (about 45 minutes last time) with our luggage and two tired kids in tow. Both times, we have checked in after the "check in" time, but our rooms have not yet been ready, despite our reservations being made months in advance. This last time, our room wasn't ready until about 7 pm. This resulted in a tired toddler needing an afternoon nap having a meltdown. Each day we have stayed at the Grand Californian, our room has never been serviced before late afternoon (despite our leaving the "please make up our room" sign out). Because of this, we have had to choose between our trash being emptied and our kids being able to take naps in the afternoon. Even at a discount, we paid over $400/night for our rooms, after subtracting park ticket prices. That's not $400/night service.
We stay here because we like the room layout (the bunkbeds are great for the kids - but last time our request for bunk beds - made months in advance- wasn't honored until I insisted upon it and was told we would have to wait several hours) and because of the location. We love staying "in" the park and we love watching the fireworks form our balcony.
The service is TERRIBLE, though. Really, their prices are at Ritz Carlton level, but you would get better service at a Fairfield. We don't ask for much - just to have our room ready at our reservation time and to have our room made up each day, but they can't even do that for $400 a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning hotel offers premium accommodations and rich dining experiences in American Craftsman style and elegance. With its world-class spa, an impressive array of amenities and impeccable Disney service, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa defines grandeur in every way. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, this hotel is just steps away from exceptional dining and entertainment. And with your park ticket, enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Californian Hotel
- Grand California Hotel
- Disney California Hotel
- Disneys Grand Californian Hotel
- Disney Grand California Hotel
- Disney Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Anaheim, California