This is an absolutely amazing property. We went in December before Christmas and spent a lot of time in the lobby hanging out listening to the choirs singing carols. Our daughter took pictures with Santa Claus. We got drinks from the nearby bar and relaxed after a tiring day at Disneyland. Its the closest hotel to either of the Disneyland attractions, and of course early entry is always nice.
BUT... its just crazy expensive. We paid nearly $600 a night. Seriously, this is crazy territory for a hotel like this.
AND service is mediocre at best. You'll spend a long time on hold if you need anything at all. It took an hour and a half to get room service. We waited over an hour for a bellman to pick up our bags. I had to wait in a line 15 people long and over a half hour to get a couple of drinks from the bar when it got busy. The lines at the hotel restaurants were so long we didn't even bother trying to eat there.
BTW we were initially assigned a room at the end of a corridor on the fourth floor that seemed very nice at first. Yet we quickly realized that there were jackhammers that were building the new Downtown Disney Starbucks location and these would be going on all day. We immediately requested a different room and were assigned one. Of course this meant another trip to the lobby and wasted an hour or so of our time, which is precious since it happened to be when our daughter was napping and we had hoped to relax for a bit. Watch out for this.
BTW, no musty smell anywhere. Not sure what people are talking about. And this is during rainy season--it rained on us during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning hotel offers premium accommodations and rich dining experiences in American Craftsman style and elegance. With its world-class spa, an impressive array of amenities and impeccable Disney service, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa defines grandeur in every way. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, this hotel is just steps away from exceptional dining and entertainment. And with your park ticket, enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and TravelUp so you can book your Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Californian Hotel
- Grand California Hotel
- Disney California Hotel
- Disneys Grand Californian Hotel
- Disney Grand California Hotel
- Disney Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Anaheim, California