We stayed in February 2014, which is off-season and did not want a room with any special views. We paid $250 a night for a king with pull out couch and a view of trees towards the entrance driveway. I had no plan to spend much time in the room, so I didn't care what we could see outside. I think the price is about right for a decent hotel in So Cal. I think people who complain about the price of rooms are from parts of the country where hotels are considerably less expensive.
Room was fine. Our kids are 3 & 5, and we were a little crowded, but again, not a lot of time in the room. Walls are a little thin. You can hear housekeeping vacuuming & moving carts & furniture very easily. If someone is in room next door, you hear each others voices. But I feel more sympathy for people in the room next to us and my crazy loud kids!
The big reason for staying here is location to the parks. You can walk right into California Adventure from the 1st floor of the hotel and it is a very short walk to the entrance to Disney. One night we even took the monorail from Disneyland to Downtown Disney and that was very convenient back to the hotel rather than going back through the whole park again.
It's nice to have additional restaurants right outside the door in Downtown Disney.
Staff was very nice to us. Valet service was helpful in storing bags until our room was ready. Front desk accommodated our request for a room with a king bed instead of 2 doubles and then sent a text when the room was ready. No lines to check-in. Anytime was were just standing in the lobby, someone always asked if we needed help. Haven't stayed at the other 2 hotels on property. This one looked the nicest, although I hear upgrades to Disneyland hotel are nice. Would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning hotel offers premium accommodations and rich dining experiences in American Craftsman style and elegance. With its world-class spa, an impressive array of amenities and impeccable Disney service, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa defines grandeur in every way. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, this hotel is just steps away from exceptional dining and entertainment. And with your park ticket, enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Californian Hotel
- Grand California Hotel
- Disney California Hotel
- Disneys Grand Californian Hotel
- Disney Grand California Hotel
- Disney Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Anaheim, California