We have stayed at all the Disneyland Hotels but chose this one for our recent visit for my sons 10th birthday. We took one of his friends with us so I thought the proximity to the parks and the pools would justify the additional cost.
The other reason was that my son has always wanted to sleep in a bunk bed. I know they won't guarantee the room type, but I asked at booking and also called again the week of our trip, it was his birthday and Disney make dreams come true right? Wrong, we didn't get a room with bunk beds which left us with a room with two queen beds. This is a disapointment to me that the most expensive of the hotels can't guarantee room type and the rooms are very small. At least at Paradise Pier we would have had 2 queens and a sofa bed, so my son and his friend could have each had their own bed instead of having to share.
The weather was really hot during our stay and so we very much appreciated being able to come back during the day for a break in the pools. This was my next disappointment, the first day this worked perfectly, the second day we had about 2 hours until a Fast Pass time. The pool area was so busy and understaffed that it took us 20 minutes to order drinks and another 20 for them to arrive. In addition the tables were not getting cleared and there was food waste and used towels littering the pool area. I heard guests complaining and were told that the hotel had not anticipated the warm weather. That seems a lame excuse to me as they are just as capable of looking at the 10 day forecast as we did when we packed.
The rest of our stay was just fine.
Don't get me wrong, this is a very nice hotel in the best location, but for a 5 star hotel I don't expect to be disappointed and sadly this time I was.
Will I stay here again? Maybe or maybe we will go back to Paradise Pier, we will decide when our next trip comes around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning hotel offers premium accommodations and rich dining experiences in American Craftsman style and elegance. With its world-class spa, an impressive array of amenities and impeccable Disney service, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa defines grandeur in every way. Located in the heart of Downtown Disney District, this hotel is just steps away from exceptional dining and entertainment. And with your park ticket, enjoy an exclusive entrance to Disney California Adventure Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Californian Hotel
- Grand California Hotel
- Disney California Hotel
- Disneys Grand Californian Hotel
- Disney Grand California Hotel
- Disney Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneyland Grand Californian Hotel
- Disneys Anaheim
- Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa Anaheim, California