Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
  • Restaurant
US$178
US$174
  • Restaurant
Hotel Indigo Anaheim(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$156
HotelIndigo.com
US$149
US$146
US$226
US$217
Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$173
  • Breakfast included
Portofino Inn & Suites Anaheim Hotel(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$119
  • Pool
Kings Inn Anaheim(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$224
Hotelpower.com
US$613
4,650 results
All reviewsgrand californiancalifornia adventurestorytellers cafedowntown disneynapa rosewhite water snacksprivate entrancewhitewater snacksrocking chairscraftsman stylebedroom villagrizzly river runwilderness lodgedvc membersdisney vacation clubboth parksdirect access
Reviewed 14 November 2009

Not only was this hotel super convienently located, but the subtleness of Mickeys in our room was super cool! It's wasn't overbearring MICKEY everywhere, just little things that made it so nice. The beds were awesome.... down comforters... friendly staff, great room service and super clean. Everyone loved it, no complaints at all. The parking wasnt super easy, but the 5 minute walk was definitely worth it. They did bill me a deposit without letting me know, but they were fast to release the funds once i brought it to their attention. Napa Rose is located on the bottom floor of this hotel and the food/wine is devine. Even with being right in front of California Adventure, the sound proof patio doors were extremely effective.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank MystikalPowers
Reviewed 7 November 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. We wanted to make the most of our 2 night stay at Disneyland so we decided to stay right next to Disneyland. The hotel is located right next to Disneyland and California Adventure. In fact, it literally took us 5 minutes to walk back from California Adventure to our hotel room! However, it seemed Disney was attempting to milk every single dollar from guests. We asked for teabags for the room and they asked us to pay for them (normally they're complimentary). There was also no minibar (even if you wanted to pay for them) and the restaurants were very expensive. I had a massage at the Mandara Spa but I didn't think it was spectacular (I've had better massages at other Mandara Spas). The massage was also very expensive.

I don't think I would stay here again next time, there are other hotels that are cheaper, better in service, and just a stone's throw away.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Woodai
Reviewed 1 November 2009

This Grand Californian's location can't be beat. Short walk into the CA adventure park, and maybe 5 minutes walk to Disneyland. From our room we were able to watch the fireworks each night. The room was very clean. We had to call housekeeping for lotion and kleenex (which weren't replenished when our room was cleaned). The products were delivered quickly and we received a phone call to make sure the items had been put in our room.

The food at the hotel isn't anything great, but it's a very short walk to downtown Disney, where there were several places to choose from.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank desertdad67
Reviewed 1 November 2009

We stayed at the Grand Californian for a Solar Symposium fromMonday, October 26 to Thursday, October 29th, 2009 . My husband asked me to come accompany him and enjoy the area and spend time with friends we hadn't seen in some time. As a surprise, our friends also booked into the hotel for 2 nights even though they only live 10 miles away from it. They love this property that much! This was one of the resorts recommended by the Symposium. It turned out to be one of the best resorts we've ever stayed in. The customer service from the moment we got off our motorcycle to the moment we left the property was top notch. Always a friendly "welcome back" whenever we returned back to the hotel during our stay. We stayed on the 6th floor which was the concierge level although we did not partake of the concierge level ammenities as this was not part of our discounted group rate for the convention. It didn't matter...we were still treated like Prince and Princess of Disneyland. Whatever our desire was, it was met with a friendly "of course" and "it's our pleasure." We can't say enough about this facility. With direct private access to California Adventure and Disney Downtown, it couldn't have been in a better location. The only thing that I would improve upon would be the towels in the rooms. Both our friends and we thought for this caliber of a hotel, the towels did not meet the level of luxury provided throughout. The towels were much better suited to a Motel 6 as they were very thin and worn looking. But this is just a personal complaint as I love big fluffy towels. As a closing to my review, all I can say is that when visiting Anaheim, there is NO other place to stay if you want luxury, location and above and beyond customer service. I've already recommended this hotel to several colleagues and friends and will be the only place we stay when returning to Anaheim. Just loved it and you will too!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank QFP
Reviewed 30 October 2009

Stayed 5 nights bec of the promotion buy 3 nights, stay 5 nights.

Pros:
As stated before, location is the BEST feature. Our room had a view of downtown disney and fireworks every night. It was really convenient to exit hotel thru side fire exit bec it minimized a lot of walking. Size was ok. We had room service several times and food was ok. Service is exemplary. I had no problems at all. Everyone was very helpful.

Cons
For the price, I expected a bit more. HK Disneyland Hotel and Hollwood Hotel have nicer rooms and toiletries. The room is ok. I think they should renovate soon because it's starting to show age. My daughter and mom are asthmatic. It was ok for awhile, but it didn't seem be very clean. I checked under the beds and there was a plastic wrapper left by previous guest. It also looked dusty under there. I emailed/called them before going and mentioned that we needed a really clean room bec of our asthma situation...they promised they would do something about it.... probably didn't do a thorough job. I had to ask housekeeping to vacuum the whole room again.

Overall:
I'd probably go back if they had a simiar promotion just because the location is convenient for us. We spent mornings in the park and afternoon nappings.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
6  Thank InspirationSeekerX2