“Wonderful Stay near the Park”

Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Ranked #36 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Vacaville
“Wonderful Stay near the Park”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had the pleasure to stay here while on a buisness trip and this hotel far exceeded all expectations. I can't wait to return with my family sometime soon to enjoy Disney. As part of the Starwood club i was provided a balcony room on the club level. The club level provided breakfast, coffee and evening snacks, beer and wine. The grounds were gorgeous and pool was very inviting even though I didn't bring a suit and couldn't enjoy it. I found all the staff to be very friendly. The room was well equiped, clean and comfortable bed. The small onsite deli service was slow but the food was worth the wait. Like I said, can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: join the starwood preferred guest program to get the club level
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Moonbaby728

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (545)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We have just finished out stay at the Sheraton and we thoroughly enjoyed our night here.

Parking over night is $16 which is pretty good and the side entrances makes all rooms very accessible. The reception staff were excellent and more than happy to offer information and ideas for dinner.

The room itself is well lit and well set out and it seems very modern and clean. Lots of power points in the room to charge your stuff, a good hair dryer for the ladies and the bathroom is split so you can get ready in a vestibule area instead of in the steam of the bathroom.
Only 1 bathrobe which was a little weird and no slippers, but a couple of bottles of free water was a nice touch and tea and coffee making facilities were great. Also a large safe big enough to put a laptop inside.

The bed was very comfortable and had those cloud type pillows that ensure an amazing nights sleep. Tv is very large and loads of channels.

No free wifi which annoys me. Especially when these days most of the world this is pretty standard but America still seem intent on charging for it.

Apart from that we have really enjoyed our stay and I would be very happy to recommend this hotel to other travelers.

Room Tip: Very close to the hertz rental returns (walkable) also walkable distance to Disneyland.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blakeHK
San Jose, California
Reviewed 19 April 2012

We have stayed at many properties on our frequent trips to Disney including Marriott, Hyatt, Doubletree, Crowne-Plaza and Disney Grand Californian. Our favorite of course is the Grand Ca because of its proximity to parks (less than 5 minutes) and nice pool area and balconies. We were looking for a walking distance hotel that would be just as nice as the Grand Californian without the steep price. We got a AAA rate on 2 connecting rooms for less than half the cost of one room at GC so that was amazing. The rooms were not nearly as nice as the Hyatt but just as nice as Grand CA. We walked everyday and it was fine even for our 5 year old late at night but still was a 15 minute walk so proximity is debatable. The biggest drawbacks were that my husband was extremely warm at night and the thermostats at night were set by the hotel and we could not turn on our AC to our comfort. When we complained we were told to open our balcony doors and they would give us fans ....not what I would expect from a Sheraton property! Also, the pool area is very small and there were no empty lounge chairs available on our sunny pool day. Although they said the pool was heated, it was not warm to the touch when I felt it so while the kids did not care, this mommy just watched from the side. Bottom line, still searching for a great a more cost effective alternative to our favorite.

Room Tip: If a balcony is important, make sure you get one where you can step out and sit. Not all of them hav...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank loopscoos
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel because I was attending a conference at the Convention Center and this was the closest Starwood property. The rooms were average but at least clean and the club floor seemed quieter than the floors my colleagues were staying on.

The front desk and valet staff were friendly. However, I was asked by the front desk what I would like for my Platinum welcome amenity and I asked what the "local amenity" choice was. The reply was - We don't have one of those set up. You want the points, right? She didn't seem to know much about the rewards program.

I did appreciate that the desk in the room didn't face the wall! So many times I have worked hours staring at a wall all night. The desk in the room was facing the window so at least I could look up from my computer from time to time and at least see the outside.

Business travelers - the club lounge was overrun with children. What a madhouse!

If you are in town for a conference at the Convention Center I recommend the Hilton which is connected to the convention center. It's modern and made for the business traveler. Several other colleagues also attending the same conference were staying there and were very happy with business atmosphere of the hotel and amenities.

Room Tip: Club floor seemed to have less children
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank TravelinKenChi
Kalama, Washington
Reviewed 14 April 2012

When we first started staying at Sheraton we were thrilled. Nice rooms, good location, front desk staff was great. That was about a year and half ago. It's slowly been sliding over the past 6 months. We've only had 2 visits in that time but we left disappointed. We belonged to the SPG Gold Card and found that they weren't logging our points on our membership. We've been seeking help over the past 2 weeks from both SPG and the Hotel Manager. We provided receipts and everything they needed but have yet to even receive a call back from the Manager or had points added. And on our last stay we asked one of the front desk personnel what the price difference would be to change from our Disney View room to a standard club room. He said $25 a night and asked if we'd like to do it now. We said we'd rather do it the next day. When we returned the next day the new front desk person said he had miss quoted and went on to have a conversation with another desk person about the miss quote which gave them both a good laugh... We're looking for other options in the area. It's lost it's value for us...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dafoush
Asia
Reviewed 14 April 2012

During our first day of arrival, we asked the reception where to take the bus to Disneyland.

The staff did not point out to us exactly where is the bus stop for Bus Route 6 and we had to walk a few blocks to the bus stop. In fact, Bus Route 6 (that brings you to and fro Disneyland Park) pulls into the hotel front drop off area and drops you off directly at the carpark of the hotel - that is added convenience. Well, we wasted a fair bit of time locating the bus stop.

Personally, I feel that the staff at the reception could be more helpful and friendly, and giving clearer directions on how to get to the theme park.

The fast food and eateries is about 1 mile away from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank BBMON
Alberta
Reviewed 12 April 2012

For our trip to Disneyland and a cheerleading competition, we chose to stay at the Sheraton for it's proximity to both the Anaheim Convention Center and Disney. The rooms were nice, but average. Beds were a little hard for me, but I loved the bedding. What really did it for me was the service. We had access to the club level, which I highly recommend! They have a great breakfast spread, wifi, newspapers, evening snacks and cocktails...I'm sure there is more that I dont recall. The staff in here are so friendly, and accommodating. For those who complain about the noise, we were here during a competition and didn't here too much. Maybe it was different on lower floors, but honestly the hotel is not in charge of those kids, so if they were as loud as some say, that is not the fault of the hotel, that is the parents/coaches/chaperons. The hotel front desk staff was great as well. We arrived a day early and they worked hard to accommodate us even though they were booked up in the higher categories so we wouldn't have to stay a night elsewhere. I would happily stay here again!

Room Tip: stay on club level! You wont regret it :) Also request a Disney view!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family