“Very friendly staff, clean rooms, great location”

Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Ranked #37 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Aviano, Italy
“Very friendly staff, clean rooms, great location”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I recently stayed six nights at this hotel for a business trip. One would expect their room to be clean and comfortable at a Sheraton, so it should go without saying that my room was exactly that. The hotel is within walking distance of the Anaheim Convention Center and about 10-15 mins from the entrance to the Disneyland Parks as well as the Garden Walk (shops & restaurants). My only three complaints are: no free wifi in the room, paying for self-parking (see below) and no microwave in the hotel at all. The room did have a nice little mini-fridge though. I have a family and while I wasn't traveling with them this time, a microwave is essential when traveling with children, in my opinion.

My room was just across the parking lot from the Portofino hotel and their swimming pool so it was quite noisy most of the time. Sitting out on my nice little desk/patio wasn't nearly as relaxing as I'd hoped it could be.

Finally, parking cost $16/night (for self-parking) or $21/night (for valet). I find it insulting to have to pay that much to park my car at a property that I'm paying to stay at. Self-parking should be included in the nightly rate. I have stayed at other hotels in the Disneyland area and have not had to pay for parking.

I'm not sure I'd stay at this hotel again given the large assortment of upscale hotels in the area. I'd have to see if those hotels offer free in-room wifi and/or free parking. Had I not had to pay $16/day for parking, I might have sprung for the $10/day for in-room wifi. Overall though, this hotel was decent.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MilitaryMomof3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2012

My wife and I and our two young children (3 and 1) stayed here for 8 nights while visiting Disneyland!

The hotel is very clean and comfortable. It has a nice sized pool area that is also very clean and offers food and bar service.

It is a short walk to the Disney Parks (a nice 10-15 minute walk). With small children we'd walk to Disney each morning and spend a few hours before retreating to the comfort of our hotel room and pool in the heat of the day. Each evening we'd walk back to the Parks and spend several more hours there. The hotel is certainly close enough to Disney to allow us to do this walk several times a day (on top of walkingaround the theme parks all day). The hotel is also a lot nicer (at least by outward appearances) than many of the older hotels we passed along the way that were a little bit closer to Disney.

The kids loved Disney and they loved this hotel (particularly the pool area)! We will surely stay here next time we visit Disneyland!

Room Tip: North facing rooms on higher floors with have a view of the fireworks at Disneyland!!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Choiboy71
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 June 2012

Rooms were good and clean - just what you would expect from a Sheraton. Nice view over the pool. All staff were very friendly and helpful. No disturbance from the hallway or other rooms.
Takes about 10 minutes to walk to Disneyland entrance at a reasonable pace.
The breakfast was great with a huge selection of fresh fruit which was fantastic.
All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Megs_TS
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I took the family to stay at the Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort recently to complete my Platinum Challenge and take the kids to Disneyland. This property exceeded my expectations from a comfort and amenity standpoint, but we did have one issue with the hotel and restaurant that I will detail later in my review.

One of the benefits of the property is the proximity to Disneyland. We took the shuttle that stops in front of the hotel on our way into the theme park, but decided to walk back when we left as it was less than a mile. We had an upgraded room to a high floor with a view of the Disneyland side of the park, which allowed us to have a glass of wine and watch the fireworks while the kids slept.

The pool was fantastic for the kids. No slides or anything fancy, but it was shallow enough for them to play while we sipped on drinks. My wife loved the frozen Bellini and would recommend that if you like blended drinks.

My one issue with the property has to do with the attached restaurant called the Overland Stage Western Bar & Grill that is affiliated to the hotel. We ate dinner there and the food was average at best, the bill came and we paid via our credit card. The next day when we received our room bill, they had double charged us for the dinner.

Long story short is I went to the lobby to have it removed and showed them my credit card receipt from the night before. The manager came out and showed me the restaurant copy where someone, in different color ink, had written our room number. He said my transaction probably didn’t process although I showed him the credit card confirmation receipt as well. Apparently, the called the front desk and gave our name and the hotel provided our room number. In the end, they had the charge removed from my room but it was 45 minute ordeal and definitely shady.

With that said, we would probably return, just avoid eating at the hotel and double-check my bill again.

Room Tip: High-floor on the Disneyland side is ideal.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank lindseybreeden
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

This hotel is with in easy walking distance of Disney and quite a few restaurants. It's also a very good base for exploring LA due to it's closeness to Highway 5. You get free self parking if you book with Virgin, otherwise it's about $16 a day. The hotels grill restaurant is nice if you don't want to venture out, but there are plenty of other eateries near by.

Rooms are spacious, views are mainly the back of California Adventure, but you can see the fireworks. You get the usual fridge and coffee maker.

The barman in the lobby bar has been there 32 years and is a great character to chat to.

Room Tip: You get free wifi at the lobby bar.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim-Jamie
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We're Starwood loyal and working our way back up to platinum, so we opted for the nearest one to the park on my most recent Disneyland trip.

Service was nothing special, but not terrible either. I came back multiple times to nobody manning the valet or the front desk, but in their defense this was usually in the neighborhood of 2 am. I also had to ask the bell desk to call the valet for me during the day at one point, after waiting outside for a while. I won't make the mistake of valet parking again... it's a longer walk to the rooms from the valet stand than from pretty much anywhere in the self-parking lot.

Rooms were fine. Only problem I had was that a breakfast I ordered the night before to be delivered at 10am showed up at 8:30. That kind of screwed up my schedule for the morning since I have meds I have to take on an empty stomach.

It's probably near the bottom of the list of Sheratons I've stayed at, but it won't stop me from staying there again, since it was still a passable 3-star.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank sarahjoy33
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2012

The hotel is at a great location and value is decent. Parking is extra. We used our SPG points and front desk charged another 5000 for an upgrade, which took us to the club level on the fireworks side (5 night stay). I thought that was fair. The hotel is not the friendliest to infant who still drinks milk before going to bed but not breast-fed. There are no microwaves in the rooms so you'll have to go all the way down to front desk to warm up the milk. This one night I was in a hurry and there was no one at the front so I went straight to the back and this staff came over and told me I was not supposed to be back there. Had a verbal fight with him. Not something I'd dwell on so leaving a positive review here.

Room Tip: You only watch the fireworks a couple of times before getting tired so not sure if it's worth th...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family