“Disney Gem - Great Service and Great Room”

Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Ranked #37 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Houston
“Disney Gem - Great Service and Great Room”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were happy to be so close to Disneyland for our trip. Important to me and my family was having a room with park view. I spoke with Alejandro at the front desk early in the day of my arrival and he said he could guarantee a floor but not the room. When I arrived although the room was not available, until 3 p.m. the person at the front desk secured a room with a great view. There is a hotel being built that is about 4 stories between the Sheraton and Disney so make sure you get a room high enough to get around. There is not much parking on this wing of the hotel because they use it for valet and there is construction. The valet parking should be moved to the back of the hotel. It would be about the same amount of time to get cars in and out of the other entrance exit. If you have not bought your tickets online yet you can get them there at the hotel through a Disney Desk staffed by a Disney employee. We rented a car and had to pay the $16 per day for parking. When I paid with points I gave the code on the website for free parking and was later told I could not use that. I am a gold member and when you read the free parking offer it does not say you cannot use points. This is the only reason I gave 4 stars and not 5 as this is deceptive advertising. We at breakfast one morning and found it to be pleasant. I drove our rental car to the parking garage because I needed to leave the park each day and the Disney garage by the Disney hotels was $17 per day with in and out privileges. If I didn't have to leave the park I would have used ART Anaheim Rapid Transit. My only concern about them was that they stopped at other hotels on the way to the park. However, there is a kiosk for them by the bus drop off on Harbor. I believe the Sheraton is the first stop leaving the park. I think that is what someone told me. I never used it but likely will in the future. I will try to convince my family to get stuff for sandwiches and put them in the refrigerator in the room and take a break and do some swimming. You can do each park in a day but I don't recommend it. We did it but were tired. I found Ridmax.com good for creating a schedule for each park that statistically considers historical line rides and times and where shows let out by rides. The longest line we had for both parks was Peter Pan. That is because we got there just after the park opened. All blogs and Ridemax recommend Peter Pan first. We did it later in the day and the line was still long. If you spread you plans out, Ridemax will input breaks for you to go back to the hotel and rest, eat and swim if you like. We did not try the pool but the pool is well landscaped. In the workout room they provided disposable headsets that you can plug into treadmill. I would recommend calling about any concerns and making sure they are dealt with. The contributor that was complaining about emailing and not getting but one response should know if you want to make sure the person on the other end understand what you want you should pick up the phone and call them. There are too many people that think they should be able to email, snap their fingers, and get a result. I found their staff very pleasant and helpful including recommendations for places I needed to go off property. My wife noticed the water was not working on the toilet and called the front desk while I was parking. I messed with the water valve and turned it back on. Shortley after that a hotel employee arrived and I told him I fixed it. I was impressed how fast he came though.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank funexplorer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (553)
Millbrae, CA
Reviewed 24 June 2014

ALL the staff were nice and helpful. Property was clean inside and out, even during construction. Plenty of parking.

We stayed in the tower on the 3rd floor. At around 11:30pm, we heard rumbling noises (sounded like furniture being dragged) above us and next door. This happened for five minutes and stopped.

The tub faucet got stuck on hot, which can be a hazard, especially for an elderly person.

Overall a nice stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WillieMillbrae
HillaryB596, Manager at Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Greetings WillieMillbrae!

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the accommodations very clean and comfortable! It is always wonderful to hear that a guest has enjoyed their stay!
I would like to get more information from you on the guest room that you stayed in so that I can have my engineering team research the noise and hot water issues to resolve them immediately. If you would be so kind as to contact me directly, I can be reached at 714-750-1811 or at HBurden@sheratonparkanaheim.com .

Thank you again for all your feedback and I look forward to speaking with you soon!

Best Wishes,
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend 6/20 to 6/22. The hotel was great. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, lovely restaurant and market, lots of amenities. My one complaint is customer service. The hotel is lined with these Palm bushes that have needle like branches. These bushes are also right outside the first floor patios. Well I leaned up against one and got pricked very badly. Unfortunately for me with my bad luck, one of the needles puctured my vein (picture included). I wanted to let the front desk know because any small child could poke there eye, seeing as it was about 4 feet tall. I honestly didn't expect anything at all as it was an accident but the front desk worker was very uninterested and his response was "ok." I don't know I guess I just thought they would be concerned that a guest injured themselves. Maybe I expect too much, but I didn't care for the "whatever" attitude. Overall though it was a great stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank starzabove9
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Thanks to everyone at the Sheraton Park for a wonderful stay. Was a bit disappointed at check-in to find had not got a balcony room but everything was forgotten within a few minutes. Room was very clean and bed and facilities were very good. Bonus was receiving a card with 200 dollars on to use in Molly's Kitchen for breakfast. Pool was great and hot tub was wonderful that had trouble getting my partner to come out of it!!. Staff were really good and helpful that includes concierge GARY TIM AND PAUL right down to BAR STAFF AND MAIDS AND MOLLYS KITCHEN STAFF made for a really pleasant and relaxing time. Thanks once again to everybody and will certainly be coming back ...

Room Tip: Doesn't really matter what room you get! the rest of the hotel is GREAT!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 584Paul
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel was reasonably priced and good quality compared to the others around Disneyland. We had a slight delay checking in, which was a bit of a pain after a long flight. We had booked a room on the club level, and were upgraded to a Disneyland view. The rooms face Disneyland, however you can't see that much during the day, mainly car parks and the back of a few rides, however at night we had a great view of the fireworks display. This was nice for us as we travelled with little kids so didn't make it back into the park for the fireworks, however if I was going to be at the park at night I wouldn't bother paying extra for the view. It was nice to have a balcony, which was a decent size.

Our room was well sized to fit in 2 queen beds, along with all the usual amenities. It was in good condition and very clean, so no complaints. The bathroom wasn't especially fancy but did the job. We had access to the club lounge so went there for afternoon drinks/snacks and breakfast. The room is tiny considering all of the people who want to use it, but everyone managed, and people took things away if it was full. Considering that the majority of travellers to this hotel are families with at least one child, the room was simply not big enough to cope. The staff in the lounge were lovely and accommodating, and did there best to keep everyone happy. Breakfast was fine, cereal, juices, coffee, fruit, pastries and bread, however it would have been nice to have something a bit healthier (some cereal that's not just sugar please). Also I was a little dismayed that everything was disposable, the cups, plates, cutlery etc. A bit tacky and so much waste.

We enjoyed using the pool and surrounding area. We had room service from the restaurant one night which was basic burgers, but fine.

The hotel is well located, within walking distance to Disneyland (one block to Disneyland, and about 2 or 3 to the entrance). This was sometimes a bit much for our 3 year old, but definitely an easy enough walk for adults or older kids.

I would definitely consider this hotel again if we went back to Disneyland.

The reason I have rated this hotel so low is that I have emailed the twice about a missing teddy bear, and had not one response. This is not good enough to have no customer service once you have left the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Alexandriad
Greetings Alexandriad:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort; we truly value feedback such as yours as it assists us in continuing to improve our services offered to our guests. We certainly appreciate all of your positive feedback on the cleanliness of our guest rooms and friendliness of our staff as well as your comments on the convenient proximity of our hotel to the Disneyland Parks. I can definitely appreciate your concerns of having more space in the club lounge and I am delighted to say that we are in the process of reorganizing the space to make it more spacious for our guests! You will definitely need to check it out when you return to the area!

I truly apologize to you for the delay and breakdown in communication in regards to the missing teddy bear. As you mentioned, customer service does not end when a guest checks out but always continues on and we definitely want our guests to know that we feel that way as well. I understand that one of our staff members has reached out to you in response to your email. Again, please accept our truest apologies for the delay.

If you need anything at all, please do not hesitate to use me as a point of contact. It would be my pleasure to assist you and I look forward to the opportunity to meet you on your next stay with us.

Warm Regards,
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I've gone here plenty of times for family travel due to its proximity to Disneyland and California Adventure but I recently stayed while in the area for business and it meets those needs perfectly as well too. The staff is friendly and the club lounge is well stocked at breakfast and in the evenings. Walking distance to the Disneyland parks as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BigBlueOcean7
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Very nice hotel, very confortable, nice pool, convenient location. There is a shuttle that takes you to disneyland for an extra price, we only used it once and I don't like the fact that I have to fold the stroller, but that's a rule for every kind of shuttle going to disney. So we prefer walking the 10 minutes it takes us to get to the entrance, the first time we were in this hotel we got a great view of the park and enjoyed the fireworks from our balcony. Looking forward to our next stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank laurar42
Salutations laura42!!

There is nothing quite like experiencing the magic of Disney and especially the awe-inspiring view of the firework show from the comfort of your guest room after a full day at the park. I am very happy to know that you had enjoyed your stay while with us and we look forward to your next stay with us as well!

Thank you for all the kind words!

Best Wishes,