“Definitely a hit & miss hotel!”

Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Ranked #37 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 25 July 2014

After scouring through the reviews, I noticed some hit and miss reviews with this hotel. Nevertheless, having to work to a budget, we booked into this hotel for 3 nights. It's location for DisneyLand is perfect - an easy 10min walk each way is perfect.

The hotel itself definitely needs a bit of a refurb/TLC. The foyer/entry looks great, but then to get to the rooms, and the foyer of the rooms looks old and almost Motel-like. The rooms were small, the bathroom's tiny, and the shower old. (They still use shower curtains, which I hate).

I needed to use the internet connection as a matter of urgency on this trip for work, and was told that the signal is strong. The wifi in-room comes at a charge, and they said they can even offer me the "Business Center" which is a hole in the wall with 4 computers. When using it, the internet cut out constantly, which caused me to almost mess up my presentation. When I spoke with the reception, all they could say was "It's not our issue, we use AT&T". Which is a poor response.

For the $$$, and the location near to Disney, this hotel is OK for a couple of days MAX. Although if you want a relaxing, luxurious stay, then this hotel is not for you.

1  Thank Danny D
Write a ReviewReviews (2,411)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Rooms are as per prev reviews, a bit dated but ok. First night couldn't get an upgrade , as came in pretty late, and room was a long way from lifts , however was able to get upgrade for next 2 nights with a view. This room was also very close to lift on 10th floor.
great view for fworks. Pool was great for daughter and , staff were very friendly and efficient. Nice and close to Disney, 15 min walk.
Would not recommend the in house restaurant for breakfast. Quality was average and expensive for what you get. Wait staff had a little trouble understanding english, eg could not understand when we asked for an egg cup to hold boiled eggs..petty I know, but there must be thousands of people from Commonwealth countries who eat boiled eggs?

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul D
HillaryB596, Manager at Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Paul D,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Park Hotel. We are glad you ended up getting an upgrade to Disney View the last couple nights of your stay! I am so sorry about your experience in Molly's Kitchen, I will definitely be addressing this with my team so we can follow up with what happened. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon the next time you are in Anaheim!

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was somewhat old but as were fine and bathroom was good. Would say the one good part about this hotel was the fact that the concierge work was pretty nice. But the hotel did have an old feeling to it and could be redone I did like the fact that it was very close to Disneyland which is a very big plus. That being said I would still recommend this hotel

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Jetsjtl

Greetings!

We are so happy to hear you would recommend our hotel to others. We are doing a refresh on our property right now that we are so excited about! Our hotel is one of the first hotels that was built when Disneyland was around, you could see it from miles away when coming to the Anaheim area. It has a very unique history about it. We look forward to the next time you come to the Anaheim area and welcoming you back to the Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resorts again!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

this is a very very very old Sheraton. rooms are small and the bathroom is very small. the room has new carpet and wallpaper. bathroom needs a major renovation.
closet mirror was dirty and had finger prints on it, called 3 times to get this cleaned, said they would but no one ever came.
the club lounge is small, not very good food, but they do have water, soda, juice and coffee available all day. breakfast is bagels toast some pastrys fresh fruit cereal. hh has some frozen snacks, meat and cheese, chips and salsa. fresh cookies, that wasn't that good. hallways and elevators need to be cleaned... always dirty. we had a good night sleep. they shouldn't charge for parking... really ridiculous. we enjoyed the Disney fireworks and this place is close to Disney.

1  Thank universeenergy
HillaryB596, Manager at Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear universeenergy,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay; we use guest feedback to continually improve our services. One of the interesting fun facts that most people don’t know is that the The Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort was one of the first hotels built when Disneyland was first opened. You could see our hotel from miles away as eager Disneyland goers approached the park. We like to think that our long standing history adds to our charm and uniqueness. I want to truly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and can certainly appreciate your concerns regarding the club lounge and your guestroom mirror. Please rest assured that I will be utilizing all of your feedback with my staff as an effort to improve our services. Additionally, thank you for letting us know about the hallways and elevators, we have been doing our best to keep those up, with the refresh we are going to be soon be renovating those as well. We are so happy you had a good night sleep and enjoyed watching the Disneyland fireworks from your room. That makes for a nice, relaxing way to end the night! We hope you will come back and visit our property again the next time you are in the Anaheim area.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

After seeing a disappointing room at the Hojo waterpark hotel we decided to see if the Sheraton could get us a room for our remaining 6 nights. I explained to Alma at the front desk how unhappy we were and she managed to get us 6 nights at a great rate (worked out to be the same as Howard Johnsons even paying for the wifi and parking so don't let that deter you from staying here.) My daughter asked when we would be able to check in as she wanted to take the kids to Disneyland and we had to check out of one hotel into the next. Alma said not to worry that anytime after 6:00 a.m. would be fine that she would make sure my family could get me checked in and settled before heading to DL. ( I had knee replacement surgery and wouldn't be doing the park this trip.) It literally made my trip to walk into that clean room with a beautiful TV, balcony, view of the fireworks. I felt like crying. I have stayed here before and it has never let me down. The pool area is fantastic. There is a restaurant on sight but also a snack shop where you can get starbucks drinks and actually the best breakfast sandwich I have ever had. The staff were all super efficient. The laundry room was clean and worked well as it was near the pool which I honestly think is one of the best in the Anaheim area. Thank you Sheraton for a tremendous stay. We will be back.

Room Tip: I chose a room with a full balcony to sit out and read on but all the rooms have great views. Just d...
2  Thank lumeljay1
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights on our way to New York.
We checked in and had to find our own rooms. What a mission that was, the place is huge. When we finally found our room it was just lovely. Beautiful bathroom and the balcony was just great. Was lovely to sit out there and watch the fireworks from Disneyland at night.
Beds were very comfy. We walked everywhere and loved every minute of it. Would definatly stay there again if we ever come back.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank traceymains
HillaryB596, Manager at Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hello there traceymains!

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at the Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort and enjoyed the comfort of your room! We are so glad you loved relaxing on your balcony at night watching the Magical Disneyland Firework Show!! We hope you will come visit us again if you are ever back in the area.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Husband and I stayed here on our recent trip to Disneyland. Short 15min walk to Disney, two free water bottles a day, clean sheets, comfortable bed, clean bathroom. The elevator by our room always took forever to get to our floor and we usually ended up taking the stairs or the elevator at the other side of the hotel. The diner downstairs had good food but it was quite a wait. Wouldn't recommend if you are in a hurry.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Chelsea C

Hi there Chelsea C!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit at the Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort. We are happy you liked the location of our property and the short walk to the Magical Kingdom! We are also glad you enjoyed the two complimentary water bottles and the cleanliness and comfort of the guest rooms! We do apologize about the elevators taking a little time, during our high season and busy hours during the day they do tend to be a little busy sometimes and we appreciate you being patient. We look forward to your next visit with us and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!