“No customer service common sense ”

Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Ranked #36 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
San Francisco
“No customer service common sense ”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Drilling and hammering started at 9:30am in the room above. This is early, but not unreasonable but we were there with the baby napping and trying to get the toddler to nap as well. I called the front desk whispering to let them know and asked they didn't call back. 10 min later the phone rings as I've miraculously been able to get the baby back to sleep. Manager says she'll try to do something about it but they're doing upgrades. I get the baby back to sleep. The drilling gets louder and louder.
I cannot imagine this is the only room that needs upgrading right now and I know most families have managed to leave and go to Disneyland by now. So it boggles my mind they don't have the simple customer service common sense to pause the work until later.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank mtbean
HillaryB596, Manager at Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear mtbeam,

I am so sorry about your experience staying at the Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort. I do apologize about the noise due to the fresh going on at our property and the poor customer service you received. It is truly unacceptable and I will definitely bring your comment up to my team to make sure it is addressed. I would like to talk to you more about your stay and make it up to you if you could email me personally at hburden@sheratonparkanaheim. Hope to hear from you and again we truly apologize about what happened while you were staying with us.

Hillary B.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My family of 4 stayed at this hotel last week and we were pleasantly surprised. It is a short walk to the Disneyland Theme Parks, it has a great restaurant called Molly's Kitchen for breakfast and lunch and also a Starbucks next to the lobby which is open till 11pm. We arrived well before our check-in and found our room was ready, which was great news after a 14 hour flight. The room was clean and spacious even though the bathroom was a little outdated. However, the best thing about this hotel is the staff. We had a problem with our toilet and it was fixed immediately. Garry and Michael were fantastic at the concierge desk. They both went out of their way to help us with tours and restaurant information, and when we needed to call back home to fix travel plans, they went out of their way to help us. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DiamondGirlz
HillaryB596, Manager at Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hi there DiamondGirlz!!

We are soo happy you enjoyed your stay here at the Sheraton Park Hotel! It is great hearing our guest service team really went out of their way to help accommodate you and your family and helped plan your tours. I am glad your check in went smoothly, especially after a long flight and you enjoyed the comfort of your rooms! We hope you will come back and stay with us again the next time you are in Anaheim, California!

Saint Jerome, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as a family for a two night Disneyland escapade. Room was great, a bit of street noise but nothing awful. Staff very helpful, nice pool area and had club lounge access - took care of breakfast and evening snack (that's a real nice perk, and the morning and afternoon selections were more than adequate- morning specially helpful to grab a bite early before heading into the park).

We chose to use the ART shuttle although the walk to the park is under 15 minutes - wanted to keep our energy for the park. A daily adult ART pass is $5, child $2. Well worth it specially going back and forth twice.

Had a great view of fireworks, however it loses its appeal with street noise!

All in all a great stay, everything was as advertised and we found the critiques on the rooms being dirty and outdated did not apply to our room at all. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Ramona, California
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I booked a room with a king bed through the Sheraton website the morning of my stay. On my reservation, I stated I would not be there before 9pm. After a hectic day and finally arriving after midnight, I was disappointed to find that they did not have a room for us. They did set us up with another hotel 9 miles away in the same direction we just came from. We arrived at the new hotel to find it not as nice as what this one appeared to be and that they only had rooms with 2 queens left.

I was very disappointed that when they knew we would not have a room, that no one called to advise us. This would have allowed us to get to the new hotel sooner and no run around so much. I even wrote an e-mail to the hotel the next day expressing my disappointment and no one has responded to me.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Queenofc
HillaryB596, Manager at Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Queenofc,

We are so sorry you ended up getting walked to a different hotel. We sincerely apologize about that and definitely want to make it right especially since they did not have the right room type at the other hotel. Email me directly and I would love to talk to you further about this so we can hopefully make it up to you and make it better. My email is hburden@sheratonparkanaheim, I look forward to talking with you.

Hillary B.
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Spent five nights here as part of our American holiday. Rooms ok, plenty of room for a family of four. Pool great for keeping the kids entertained. Staff really helpful especially when it came to organising coaches for trips to other parks, like Universal and Sea World. Perfect for Disneyland, only a ten minute walk away.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kittkatt672
HillaryB596, Manager at Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hi there!

We are so glad you enjoyed the location of our hotel and how it is so close to the Magical Kingdom! We are happy to hear you were able to come back and relax a little in the pool after a long hot day in the Park. We hope you will come back and stay with us again the next time you are in the Anaheim area.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

After scouring through the reviews, I noticed some hit and miss reviews with this hotel. Nevertheless, having to work to a budget, we booked into this hotel for 3 nights. It's location for DisneyLand is perfect - an easy 10min walk each way is perfect.

The hotel itself definitely needs a bit of a refurb/TLC. The foyer/entry looks great, but then to get to the rooms, and the foyer of the rooms looks old and almost Motel-like. The rooms were small, the bathroom's tiny, and the shower old. (They still use shower curtains, which I hate).

I needed to use the internet connection as a matter of urgency on this trip for work, and was told that the signal is strong. The wifi in-room comes at a charge, and they said they can even offer me the "Business Center" which is a hole in the wall with 4 computers. When using it, the internet cut out constantly, which caused me to almost mess up my presentation. When I spoke with the reception, all they could say was "It's not our issue, we use AT&T". Which is a poor response.

For the $$$, and the location near to Disney, this hotel is OK for a couple of days MAX. Although if you want a relaxing, luxurious stay, then this hotel is not for you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Danny D
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Rooms are as per prev reviews, a bit dated but ok. First night couldn't get an upgrade , as came in pretty late, and room was a long way from lifts , however was able to get upgrade for next 2 nights with a view. This room was also very close to lift on 10th floor.
great view for fworks. Pool was great for daughter and , staff were very friendly and efficient. Nice and close to Disney, 15 min walk.
Would not recommend the in house restaurant for breakfast. Quality was average and expensive for what you get. Wait staff had a little trouble understanding english, eg could not understand when we asked for an egg cup to hold boiled eggs..petty I know, but there must be thousands of people from Commonwealth countries who eat boiled eggs?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Paul D
Dear Paul D,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Park Hotel. We are glad you ended up getting an upgrade to Disney View the last couple nights of your stay! I am so sorry about your experience in Molly's Kitchen, I will definitely be addressing this with my team so we can follow up with what happened. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon the next time you are in Anaheim!