After debating for weeks between the Hyatt, Marriott Suites, Embassy Suites and Sheraton, I finally decided to stay at the Sheraton. I wanted to avoid the $20 early check in fee the Hyatt was charging, the Sheraton was within walking distance to Disney and Sheraton's usually have great service. I called the hotel about three weeks in advance and spoke with someone in guest services who asked me for my travel dates (April 8-14) and told me that I would have no problem checking in early and getting a room with a view of the park. The person I spoke with advised me to include my requests when I made the reservation which I did.
I arrived at the hotel at 1:30pm, two hours later than expected b/c I missed my flight. I was told my room was not ready and check-in is not guaranteed until 4pm but a room may become available before that. I left my bags with guest services, went out to get something to eat and when I returned at 3pm, the room was still not ready! I decided to wait in the lobby, my six year old was exhausted at this point...we had been up since 3am New York time and had taken an eight hour connecting flight...I also want to mention that out of all the traveling that I have done, I have NEVER had a problem checking in early to a hotel! Well at 4pm when my room was still not ready, I was told that because I had a special request they could not guarantee my request by 4pm, they could just guarantee A room! I eventually got a room at 4:10pm and went upstairs to a semi-clean room. I found hair in the bathtub, hair pins on the floor, some type of crust on the bed skirt and the welcome book had some nasty brown stuff in it on multiple pages! After freezing for 30 minutes (I am anemic) because I couldn't change the room temperature, I called to request extra blankets which took 30 minutes to arrive...
I spent the rest of my time at the property avoiding the front desk. I did have to dispute a charge at check-out which was removed with no problem.
Pros: comfortable beds, great shower, guest services helpful (especially Gary), walk to/from Disney with 6 year old was not bad, great view of fireworks from room, convenient business center, nice gift shop for me to pick up last minute gifts
Cons: not so friendly front desk, towels so hard I turned red each time I used them, couldn't control the room temperature, TOO much noise from room next door (around the 4th day at 4:30 am) I could hear everything! Also, housekeeping.....Housekeeping did NOT do a good job of cleaning the room but had no problem MOVING my stuff around EVERYDAY! Our toothbrushes were moved, comb, brush...one day, my contact case and glasses were moved from the nightstand to the area near the T.V., papers and brochures..All of my personal items that should not have been touched were moved around!
Overall, I do not think I would stay here again...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort is ideally located within walking distance to the Disneyland Resort, the new Anaheim GardenWalk and the Anaheim Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Park Hotel At The Anaheim Anaheim
- Sheraton Anaheim
- Sheraton Park Hotel Anaheim Resort
- Anaheim Sheraton
- Sheraton Park Hotel Anaheim California
- Sheraton Park Hotel At The Anaheim Resort California