“Average rooms, nice pool area, 20 min walk to Disney”

Sheraton Park Hotel at the Anaheim Resort
Ranked #37 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Boston, MA
“Average rooms, nice pool area, 20 min walk to Disney”
Reviewed 27 April 2009

Room size was fairly average, although the vanity outside the bathroom was a bit small. The shower head was a bit short for taller people, and the cloth shower curtain seemed to leak no matter which way we placed it (one piece in, one out, both in, etc.). The beds were comfortable, no noise complaints. We had a room with a deck facing Disney so had a nice view of the fireworks at night. It is a bit of a walk to Disney, about 20 minutes. Normally not a bad walk but with all the walking we'd do during the day we decided to use the ART shuttle. It was $4/day for adults, $1/kids and worth it. The first time we had no waiting since it came while we were still trying to get tickets at the kiosk. Other times it did take up to 15 minutes or so to arrive. We were told by the hotel it started at 6:20 am and came every 20 minutes thereafter. NOT TRUE! The bus drivers said that is definitely not the case. Schedules vary, and they even ALL take a lunch break from 12:35 to about 1:55 so there is no shuttle at that time. The drivers told us this but not the hotel. The Sheraton is the first stop after DIsney so be aware if you are trying to get to the park at a certain time to leave extra time to make the loop after you're picked up. It took us about 40 minutes one day (20 waiting and 20 on shuttle). Other times very fast, it just depended on what time of day you took it. Obviously at park openning it was busiest. We never had to wait too long on the Disney pickup side.

The hotel pool and patio bar area was very nice. Hotel restaurants were okay, although breakfast at Molly's seemed a bit steep ($13 for eggs benedict). The snack bar/convenience mart was a great thing. We picked up cereral/muffins/bagels/fruit/juice a few mornings to have in the room.

1 Thank purplebook

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
Alberta
Reviewed 25 April 2009

This is a great hotel in close proximity to Disney but also far enough away to give adults, and kids, a relaxing holiday. We picked the Sheraton as we wanted a full service hotel for some r&r. Although most of the time was spent at Disneyland, this was a great place to call home.
We checked in April 8 @ 4:20. Almost the same time as the previous poster. The front desk staff where friendly, asked about our trip, and provided us with the Disney view room we requested. She even offered us a choice of a couple of rooms!
During our 4 nights, we never heard noise from other guests and commented on how quiet the rooms were.
The weather was not great however, being Canadian and looking for sun, we braved the pool a couple of days. On the first day, while the kids swam, hubby and I had a cocktail by the pool. The bartender could see we where cold and came over to turn on the gas heater for us. Wow!
We had breakfast in Molly's kitchen, very good and large portions for sharing.
I would highly recommend this hotel, it made a good trip great. Just do your research, yes there is a parking fee, and no, early check in is not guaranteed!

1 Thank NJBB
long island, ny
Reviewed 23 April 2009

being very particular about where i stay, i was weary of aneheim hotels in general. didnt feel like any of the chain hotels got rave reviews. pleasantly surprised and pleased with this hotel. beautifully kept, clean, spacious and a very short walk to disney. stayed with children and would stay again in a heartbeat.

2 Thank travellingwithfour
Arizona
Reviewed 22 April 2009

We visit Anaheim often and have stayed in most of the 3.5-4 star hotels in the area. I had read a handful of negative reviews of the Sheraton Park, but we ended up being very, very pleased with our stay there. I liked the fact that it's a smaller hotel. Everything is very easy to find, and if you're visiting Disneyland, the location is excellent. The front desk staff was very friendly and very helpful. The pool was quite large and the grounds were attractive. Our room was comfortable and tastefully decorated. The only somewhat negative experience we had was at the BBQ restaurant attached to the hotel. The front desk clerk highly recommended it, the menu looked attractive, but the service and food were only average. Overall, we would be happy to stay here again.

1 Thank 2Kids4Dogs
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 April 2009

After debating for weeks between the Hyatt, Marriott Suites, Embassy Suites and Sheraton, I finally decided to stay at the Sheraton. I wanted to avoid the $20 early check in fee the Hyatt was charging, the Sheraton was within walking distance to Disney and Sheraton's usually have great service. I called the hotel about three weeks in advance and spoke with someone in guest services who asked me for my travel dates (April 8-14) and told me that I would have no problem checking in early and getting a room with a view of the park. The person I spoke with advised me to include my requests when I made the reservation which I did.
I arrived at the hotel at 1:30pm, two hours later than expected b/c I missed my flight. I was told my room was not ready and check-in is not guaranteed until 4pm but a room may become available before that. I left my bags with guest services, went out to get something to eat and when I returned at 3pm, the room was still not ready! I decided to wait in the lobby, my six year old was exhausted at this point...we had been up since 3am New York time and had taken an eight hour connecting flight...I also want to mention that out of all the traveling that I have done, I have NEVER had a problem checking in early to a hotel! Well at 4pm when my room was still not ready, I was told that because I had a special request they could not guarantee my request by 4pm, they could just guarantee A room! I eventually got a room at 4:10pm and went upstairs to a semi-clean room. I found hair in the bathtub, hair pins on the floor, some type of crust on the bed skirt and the welcome book had some nasty brown stuff in it on multiple pages! After freezing for 30 minutes (I am anemic) because I couldn't change the room temperature, I called to request extra blankets which took 30 minutes to arrive...
I spent the rest of my time at the property avoiding the front desk. I did have to dispute a charge at check-out which was removed with no problem.

Pros: comfortable beds, great shower, guest services helpful (especially Gary), walk to/from Disney with 6 year old was not bad, great view of fireworks from room, convenient business center, nice gift shop for me to pick up last minute gifts
Cons: not so friendly front desk, towels so hard I turned red each time I used them, couldn't control the room temperature, TOO much noise from room next door (around the 4th day at 4:30 am) I could hear everything! Also, housekeeping.....Housekeeping did NOT do a good job of cleaning the room but had no problem MOVING my stuff around EVERYDAY! Our toothbrushes were moved, comb, brush...one day, my contact case and glasses were moved from the nightstand to the area near the T.V., papers and brochures..All of my personal items that should not have been touched were moved around!
Overall, I do not think I would stay here again...

2 Thank DisneyGirlNY
Wellington
Reviewed 18 April 2009

Clean, nice rooms. Close to Disneyland resort. You get service if you ask for it but otherwise don't expect much. Asked for help with our luggage and the porter just... disappeared.
Fine as a home base for visiting theme parts and such.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
moncton
Reviewed 16 April 2009

If you are going to Disney I suppose this hotel may be OK for you. If not, I suggest you look at other options. Upon arrival check-in was slow and there was only one other person ahead of me with the second agent on the phone. Once I got to my room I noticed something wrong with my room door - as there was a 1" gap in the door between the frame and the door. I left my items in the room and went back to the desk to notifiy them of the problem and at first I thought that the staff were laughing at the problem as I stuck around until the maintenance guy showed up at the desk - as I stood by they appeared to have a little bit of a chuckle about something. I went out to dinner and when I came back a different agent told me that they could fix the problem until the next day. They only moved me after I had requested it.

The rooms were also a little on the small side. There was a fridge provided in the room so that was a great bonus, but no coffee or tea set up. I also had to ask for a newspaper - which I though was automatic with Starwood hotels. Parking was provided for $14.00 which I though was high considering you are not exactly downtown, but I assume it was because of the close proximity to Disney.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business