“Anaheim/Disneyland La Quinta is always our first choice!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Anaheim
Ranked #53 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Great value so you have more to spend at the parks. An impresssive continental breakfast gets your day off to a good and quick start. The walk is certainly doable and saves the hassle of parking at Disneyland. Having the extra (suite) room is very handy as it makes the room more spacious. Rooms are clean and quiet.

2  Thank DORF828
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Anaheim

Reviewed 2 July 2012

We stood here last minute and it was the only hotel with a room available. The staff was awesome and provided us with complimentary tooth brushes and other toiletries to help make us comfortable for the night. This was a huge plus since it was after midnight and almost impossible to find a drug store open. The hotel could use some remodeling but it was clean and comfortable. I didn't like that the parking spaces were tight and limited and the hallways are dim. My son said that it reminded him of Disney's Tower of Terror. LOL...The continental breakfast was decent enough with thick waffles and warm syrup, oatmeal and pastries. It kept us satisfied until lunch. The place is in need of a good updating but not bad for space, location,comfort and price.

Room Tip: elevators are kind of slow during breakfast...breakfast is on the 2nd floor..you might want to use t...
1  Thank Ilene L
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We booked this hotel because of the kids suite. We arrived at the specified check in time and were told that the 5th floor kids suite (I also read reviews and was told this was the best location) was not cleaned yet...but there was one available on the 2nd floor. Since we were using the room to sleep and shower, I didn't think a little noise would bother us...boy was I wrong! We were two doors from the breakfast area and there is nothing like being awakened by the smell of burnt toast! We stay late at the park and sleeping in till 7am would have been nice...but hoardes of people wanting boiled eggs, stale donuts and bagels, dried cereal and waffles desended to that room like it was their last meal! I met the maintenance man who said he was there to check the room, and when I told him that we didn't have anything wrong, he left...later on I found out that the previous occupiers had reported a faulty A/C unit. We found out later that night that it would go off and the room would become hot and sticky...it would go back on when we turned it down, but who wants to get up in the middle of the night to do that! On an up note, the staff was kind and apologized for the room, but since they were booked to the gills, they couldn't move us. Parking was full and we had to park about two blocks away - ten bucks if you get your ticket validated. You are close enough to Disneyland to walk-but on the way home you might cry cause it feels like miles! Lots of close resturants like Bubba Gump, Cheesecake Factory, and California Kitchen Pizza...but if you are saving pennies, go to the strip mall and buy pizza and wings. Load up on treats and water at 7-11...you are allowed to bring water and food into Disneyland Parks-no bottles or liquor please! Yes roooms were dated and the elevator was slow, but it is a good location and convenient to Disney.

Room Tip: I went up to the fifth floor and it did seem quieter. Park early and walk to the park...shuttles are...
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This is a comfortable hotel and very close to disney too! When the toilet got plugged up it was fixed within five minutes of our call. We arrived early and were allowed to check in early no problem. Front desk staff was great too! You can see the disney fireworks if your room is facing the right way too! All rooms enter from the inside and you need a room key to even get on the elevator or in the stairwell so it felt very safe. The only downside was the breakfast, if you are ok with just cereal, toast, hard boiled eggs, muffins, and soggy waffles then youll be ok. I wanted some eggs and bacon or a wafflemaker, but that said i wouldnt let the breakfast stop me from staying here again because it was a nice hotel overall.

2  Thank LaraKelley
A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I have stayed a plenty of La Quinta Inn's and this has been the worst hotel ever. The rooms where very down graded and the elevator smelled horribly. I will not stay here again and will not recommend to anyone.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A La Quinta traveler
San Diego, California, USA
Reviewed 8 June 2012

A TripAdvisor Member
Longmont, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I generally like to stay at La Quinta hotels because they are pet friendly and generally are pretty clean.
However, upon arrival I was sorely disappointed! Old and outdated, dirty floors that I didn't feel comfortable walking around without shoes on. Even the bedding was old and the bed was uncomfortable. Bathroom was not acceptable. The walls of the place seemed as if they hadn't been painted in years.
We tried to go to the pool and the water was like ice, and so when we tried to get in the hot tub the foam was covered in brown grime and smelled almost fishy. I did put my feet and legs in to warm up and when I got out my skin smelled horrible. Don't think that is up to cleanliness code.
I would give this place a 1/2 star out of 5 stars, if even that much, and I warn anyone against staying here even if you can get a good rate.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family