“Good reasonable hotel for Disneyland”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Anaheim
Ranked #53 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Nanaimo, BC, Canada
“Good reasonable hotel for Disneyland”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Took the family to Disneyland - stayed at the Anaheim La Quinta for 5 nights. Hotel is 2 blocks from the main Disney gates (we walked every day). Rooms are good, Beds are comfortable and the jacuzzi room we had was overall very good. The only complaint I had was that the carpets could have been cleaner. We had a toddler with us and her socks were solid evidence of that.

The breakfast was a traditional La Quinta breakfast except that the waffles were pre-cooked and in a warming tray. They were fresh but it wasnt quite the same. The hotel is full of young families and excited kids. This is good or bad depending on what you are looking for. We had 3 kids with us so it fit right in with our expectations.

Overall this is a good inexpensive Disneyland hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
vacaville ,CA
Reviewed 1 December 2012

During the past few weeks I have stayed in three hotels located in the block surrounded by Katella/Anaheim Blvd/Clementine/Disney Way. The La Quinta is one of the better deals on the block. I found the facility to be well maintained and overall, other than a few quirks, an excellent choice. My first stay was in a king suite. I liked the sliding French door dividing the sleeping room and the living/office area. An excellent work desk and chair. The one issue here is that there is only one phone in the room, located next to the bed. There was a phone jack in the office area, but it was inoperative. Room was quiet and bed was excellent. Most hotels, including the La Quinta have gone to the duvet (quilt) type bedding. I dislike it as it is both hot and heavy, especially for Southern California weather, and the single sheet makes it too cool. Whatever happend to just a plain blanket?

My second stay was relegated to the family suite which included a king bed and a bunk bed set. This arrangement cut down on office space and the "kiddie" table just did not fit my needs. In any event the room was still comfortable and the second phone jack in this room did work. The one quirk here was the location of the bath light switches. After searching I finally found them located inside the toilet closet behind the towel rack. The room must have been reconfigured at some point in time and they did not want to go to the expense of relocating the switches.

The breakfast offering consists of the usual ceral, breads, fruit and some mini waffles. No full buffet, but that is really all one needs to start off the day. They do allow pets and I had a big mastiff mix as my next door neighbor. He was quiet and friendly and I prefered him to some other neighbors I have had over the years. There was one review that mentioned the parking situation. Though the outside parking is usually pretty full they do have a two level garage within the facility and I found no problem. Yes the hallway carpet does show some wear, but when you have thousands of Disney bound rug rats tromping on you each day, you would show some wear too.
I found the clientele, the service and the facility an excellent choice. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Famlies with children should opt for the room with bunk beds. The rooms on the North face the "...
1 Thank hiwayhowie
Lockport, Illinois
Reviewed 27 November 2012

I liked the price at this hotel and normally have a very good experience at LQ. Checked into my room 215 on 11/26 and found the couch cushion ripped beyond repair and two of the most stained chairs I have ever experienced in my life. I would not sit down on them. Housekeeping must be blind not to see this before approving room for quests. Front desk was very nice and switched me to room 217 on same floor and it was much nicer until I stepped in a wet floor near fold out couch. Won't be staying here again!

Room Tip: Don't stay here !

Reviewed 20 November 2012

This hotel was great! The atmoshpere was really nice. I was afraid of staying here cos I have read alot of other reviews of cars being broken into, and staff being mean. But it was really safe. At least I thought so. We went for a cocert at the honda center, which was right down the street from the hotel. We didnt get to disney, but that too was not far from the hotel. We didnt do the breakfast cos we did get up early enough, so I have no comments on that. But the room overall was nice! 2 room suite with 2 double beds and a sofa sleeper in the other room, which was great cos my mom and i got dressed in one room , while my grandfather got to enjoy his tv (which he really didnt enjoy for the limited channels). And the reason I had picked this hotel was because it accepts pets.

Overall, I would definetly stay here again! If we ever visit Anaheim again. Just wish they had a La Quinta in Palm Spings too!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 November 2012

We love the value and the location of this Hotel. If you have two families traveling together, the 3 room suite is a great value. There are two bathrooms, two seperate rooms and a livingroom with a sleeper. The beds are comfortable and the employees are great. It is an older remodeled hotel, but very well done. There is an outdoor pool that is covered. Its a great spot. They serve a good breakfast and a money saver if you have a big family. It is close to Disneyland and bonus, its across the street from Cheesecake Factory!! Enjoy

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We were very pleased with our stay until we went to check out. There was only one person working behind the desk and a long line. We think the management should anticipate that people would be checking out and have more help. The girl working behind the desk was very calm and very professional.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com