“La Quinta failure”

Ranked #54 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Bakersfield, California, United States
“La Quinta failure”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I booked this hotel through the La Quinta rewards program, which I have done many times. I was told that a King room / suite was booked for me. Upon arrival at the property I was told that the only king room available was a smoking room. Awesome. I'm definitely not a smoker. I did not even know that CA allowed this any longer.

I was politely offered a double double room, which would not be so bad except that I am 6'4". I also paid the same price for the double room.

As for the property: if you are looking for a "budget" $150 / night hotel to cram the kids in so that you will be close to Disney, this might be for you. Last minute business travel, not so much.
Breakfast, not impressive. Better at most other properties.
Rooms are old & beat.
Separation between beds and sleeper bed TV are separated with a door / curtains.
Bathroom was gross. Visible mold & wear.
Small rooms, doors, hallways
Lots of kids running and screaming down the hallways.

I've always had good experiences with La Quinta until now.

I usually am able to stay at whichever hotel I want. (In the Marriot, Hilton, doubletree range). I love earning the rewards to stay at a specific La Quinta in Paso Robles CA.

I am so unhappy with this stay that I may change my mind.

Room Tip: Needs renovation. Close to Disney, economical for families.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

The suites in this hotel are standard room with a see through divider and a curtain. The breakfast is terrible. I expected better. The only plus is that it is near the park and that has good restaurants near by. If you are looking for a suite, this is NOT the place.

• Stayed July 2013
Plano
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Generally, I love La Quinta. Free breakfast and free Wi-Fi makes it for me. This location, however did not give the room we were promised. We booked a family suite with 2 queen beds and 2 bunk-beds. What we were given was a room with one queen bed and 2 bunk-beds. There simply were not enough beds available to sleep all the members of our family.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris N
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We were wary of this hotel due to poor reviews. However, we got an incredible rate on the official La Quinta site, so we decided to take a chance. We stayed a week and were very pleased. The room was big enough for a family. It was in good condition and clean. The bed was comfortable, but the hide- a-bed in the couch was understandably bad. The breakfast area was newly renovated. It was kept clean, and the offerings were simple but very adequate. There was plenty of free parking. The internet was free and reasonably speedy. The staff was friendly and attentive. The hotel is about a 15-minute walk from Disney or you can do a shuttle. I did a thorough search of hotels in the area, and this location has the best combination of rate, services (free parking, free Internet, free breakfast, pool & laundry), room size and distance from Disney.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor. There can be bad noise transfer from neighbors above.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Carol F
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

Close to disneyland but away from crowd. We had the bunk bed room, kids loved having their own tv and beds. Breakfast was so so. But front desk ladies were amazing, friendly and helpful. Cleaning ladies are nice too.

• Stayed June 2013