“Fool me once, shame on me”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Anaheim
Ranked #53 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The two room suite advertised on their website is a single room with a sliding partition.

The breakfast is very limited in scope and quality. While promoted as a full breakfast, it is more accurately described as a glorified continental breakfast.

There was old food and garbage in the drawers of the night stand. The room was not cleaned upon our arrival. It was also not cleaned very well throughout our 4 night stay.

Only one of the two TVs was functional. The front desk said that they would send someone from maintenance to fix the TV. They never did fix it.

I mentioned the deficiencies to the hotel clerks. Nothing was ever done to correct anything. At check out, a very feeble apology was proffered. No attempt was made to correct anything.

It is close to the local amusement parks. It's location was the most positive aspect to our stay.

I have stayed in several La Quinta properties in many different states. This is by far the worst La Quinta hotel I have ever patronized.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank C H
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Anaheim

Reviewed 13 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My family and I really enjoy staying here. The family suite has enough space for the kids and the dog. It's clean considering, a lot of people stay here with their dogs. The front desk staff is excellent and nice like always. We have been staying here about 3 years in a role. Since we decide to go Disneyland for Christmas. Skip giving gifts and cooking Christmas dinner. I just wish they had their own van to take you to and from Disneyland and another local theme parks. Cause waiting next door for the bus SUCKS!!! It's always late and pack!! Better to walk or pay for parking. Since you are kind of paying the same price for the bus.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank La Keisha P
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

My family had a horrible experience at this hotel. We drove from Texas to California to visit family for Christmas and surprised our kids with a stop at Disneyland on the way home. We had reserved a room with bunk beds for our children at least a month ahead of time. We had our credit card stolen before our trip and had no time to replace it before we left, so I called LA Quinta to give them a new one so we would not lose our reservation. They told me that it wasn't necessary and we could just pay with a different card when we arrived. After driving all day with two exhausted kids and a dog in the car we arrived and they had given away our room because of our credit card. They said they were completely full and the only room they had left was way too small for my family. They also stated that their parking lot was full and we would have to park several blocks away in a public garage that we would have to pay for. They did eventually move us to the room we wanted and provide us with a discount, but it was to much of an inconvenience and it shouldn't have happened. The website also says they have a shuttle to Disneyland which isn't true. They sell public transit passes that you can use to get to Disneyland, but we were there for two days and waited many times for the"shuttle" to pick us up and it never came. It is close enough to walk though. The breakfast isn't that amazing either, we went to IHOP. Next time we go to Disneyland we will be staying somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013
4  Thank militarywifetraveler
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I was a little worried after reading the reviews. But, I was pleasantly surprised. The layout of the room, double beds and then an extra "room" with a sofa sleeper, two TV's, microwave and fridge was great. The bathroom seems recently remodeled and clean, which is super important to me. The sink was in the main bed area, which I thought was weird but then it later made sense. The beds were very comfortable. As far as the noise level mentioned in other reviews, only maybe twice we heard neighbor noise, it was not a major issue. The front desk staff answered all my questions and provided help when I needed. The breakfast was nice, but after a few days it got old. There are waffles, oatmeal, bagels, hard boiled eggs, donuts, cereals, whole fruit. It will do to save money (be sure to grab an apple for Disney later). The room didn't feel old, even though I think this place is old. I liked my experience here. I would recommend to anyone and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Stay away from 2nd floor since that is where the free breakfast is served.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Bon1771
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

First, the good news: the staff was friendly.

The bad news: this property looks much better from the outside than the inside.

We stayed for three nights in a fourth floor "apartment" that was shoddily remodeled and felt dirty. There were places where you could see the original wall covering and ancient baseboards, and the kingsize bed had a big uncomfortable bump down the center, like a speed bump, leading one to wonder if it was two twin beds shoved together?

The three room suite had just one non-working phone and the light switches were either nonfunctional or hidden in strange places.

The fourth night we moved to a smaller two-room suite with a better kingsize bed. It seemed to have been remodeled and was intended for families, with a bunk bed in the second room, but unfortunately, the sliding "French door" between rooms was old and jammed, trapping my panicked child in the unventilated second room until we could summon a hotel employee to help get him out.

Hotel amenities include a modest free continental breakfast with cramped seating and a small outdoor pool in the parking garage. LaQuinta does not, however, charge extra for parking, and that's a good thing.

The takeaway? There are far too many other nice hotels in the Anaheim area within walking distance of Disney to settle for this one! Skip it now and thank me later.

Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank eva2691
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We booked this trip through the La Quinta website. Booked in advance, price was fair. The check in was speedy and smooth. The room was huge!! Included flat screen tv's(2), fridge, huge closet and pull out sofabed in adjoining living room type area. Continental breakfast stayed replenished. We had a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids (16, 13, 10). Plenty of room and an easy walk to park.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family