“Can't be beat for the money”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Anaheim by the Convention Center
Ranked #112 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 11 December 2011

The room was clean. It is an older facility, so don't expect all of the modern conveniences. The covered parking was a blessing and I liked not having to pay extra for parking. There is a shuttle to the local attractions for $4 per day if you don't want to pay parking there, either. My stay was very quiet and uneventful. The free wi-fi was a blessing. Every member of the staff was courteous and helpful. The microwave and fridge were helpful as I was there for work and on a budget. It would have been nice to have larger coffee cups (with lids) from the continental breakfast buffet, though.

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, ask for one of the two rooms tucked away in the back corner opposite th...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Cindy P

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Hotel rooms are very small in size. towels in rooms were of lowest qulaity and you still feel wet after drying yourself with these towels after shower. Location was not that bad. overall cleanliness of property was averege at best. afternoon clerk at the front desk was a little grumpy. We had reservations for two rooms and I called in advance to make sure our rooms are next to each other and I was assured it won't be a problem, but when we got there, we were told it can't be done. cleaning of rooms was done properly though. Overall I would rate this hotel as averege and a little overpriced for what it has to offer

Room Tip: Rooms are not specious,rather smaller in size.Our trip was for Disneyland. Hotel is close to Disneyl...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank waj2121
Reviewed 18 November 2011

When visiting Anaheim for meetings in the past, I would stay at the Marriott on the company's dollar. But now that I'm in a startup, we are talking Budget. Still, i want it clean, quiet, and walking distance to the conference center. Rodeway got the job done. My room was behind the pool, which was essentially a fenced hole at the end of the parking lot. We're talking no-frills here. But the room was recently painted, had a fridge and microwave, free wi-fi, and was quite quiet. Okay, the mattress was what we used to call "firm", and the furniture, counters, bathroom were ancient, but still serviceable. in order to qualifiy as "clean", I need to feel comfortable walking barefoot on the carpet, and Rodeway qualifies. Barely (pun intended). Bonus - the people at the front desk were vey gracious and helpful. Kudos to you good folks!

Room Tip: Keep back from Harbor Blvd.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
rodewayinnanaheimca, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites Anaheim by the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found it to be a good decision.

• The front desk staff received our commendation for the courteous, gracious, helpful way in which they treated you, our valued guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 October 2011

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!!

Attention potential guests, this is one of the worst places that I have stayed at. First, we were checked into a room full of bugs, we reported that to the management and the room was changed. Filthy matresses, torn bedsheets and bed covers was what were were welcomed to. And to top it all off unprofessional management that charges 3 dollars for 3 pages of printout!!! Are you kidding me? While most places will give you 3 pages of prinout for free in this world and age, here we have this place that charges 1 dollar per page of printout. The shower was not clean at all, poor quality toilet papers, nothing in the shower to stop the water to take a bath, I would put up pictures if I had the option but I am new to this website so not sure. I would give ZERO stars if possible.

There is this saying - You get what you pay for, well in this case that does not hold true, here you don't even get what you pay for. I am here for a few more days, if the owners are reading this and would like to talk to me, I will be happy to share a lot of feedback with them.

NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: I would say go stay at some other place, this place is not worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Amit S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center for your stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bugs in the room first assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and see to any needed extermination.

• Management was informed of your willingness to talk with them.

We take our reviews very seriously. I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center, I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

We only stayed here for one night, but the location and property was surprisingly good. The family suites have two bedrooms (complete with door separating the two rooms). Hotel offers a free shuttle to Disneyland which is nice. When I originally booked our room, the front desk attendant told me that the shuttle also ran to Knotts Berry Farm, but it does not.

We didn't use the small pool area, but there were almost always kids there, so water temperature must have been warm enough.

One bit of advice regarding parking at night. There seemed to always be more cars then parking spots, so don't be too late arriving each night.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ryliner
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Hotel is ok. Staff was nice and helpful. Close to Disney and on the shuttle route. Room was clean and fairly well maintained. Families will probably love the fridge in the room. With all that, the hotel and rooms are low quality. Towels are thin, small, scratchy. The beds are not comfortable, with linens that are not soft. Continental breakfast was basic--orange juice didn't taste good.

Pictures with this listing are misleading. Pool is tiny, despite how big it looks in the pictures.

Still, decent place to stay close to Disney. I won't choose it again, but it definitely served its purpose for this trip. And my greatest kudos was that they put us in a room away from my MIL. :)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TheRonsWife
rodewayinnanaheimca, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites Anaheim by the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center for your recent stay in our area. I hope you had a wonderful time at Disney. I shall refrain from commenting on your remark about being glad that they put you in a room away from your mother-in-law, but I shall admit to grinning.

• The staff was informed of the nice comment you made about them and received our commendation for the courteous way in which they treated you, our valued guest.

• Management was approached about the possibility of upgrading the towels and linens.

• Breakfast staff was approached about upgrading their presentation.

• Management was approached about the necessity of having the pictures used in advertising properly reflect what will be found off line.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

We originally checked into Rodeway Maingate. It was the most disgusting hotel I have ever seen! We decided to cancel our reservation as soon as we seen the room.
Because it was the 4th. of July weekend, we didn't have a lot of options for other places to stay.
I talked to Stacey at this Rodeway Inn, and she gave us a good price on a family suite for the first night. We then moved to 2 rooms for the next two nights. She was very understanding and helped us out in a big way!
We will be back in 2 weeks to stay again!
The only thing I would like to see changed would be fitted sheets on the beds.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay.

• Stacy received our commendation for the courteous, helpful way in which she treated you, our valued guests.

• Housekeeping was approached about the possibility of obtaining fitted sheets for your next stay.

I look forward to our being able to welcome you back to Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center for your upcoming stay.