Rodeway Inn & Suites Anaheim by the Convention Center
Ranked #110 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 4 May 2008

I actually waited to see if the management would make it right, but we were ignored! When we got there our room looked as if it had never been cleaned -- stuff all over the carpet, the sink was dirty, the toilet was dirty and our bedspread had a solid sheet of hair of the inside. We called the front desk and they dropped off a vacume and a clean blanket. At 10pm we had to clean our own room!!!! We said we didn't think we should pay for that night and they said that management won't be in until Monday and it was Thursday night. We rarely complain but this was ridiculous! We called repeatedly and the manager never called us back and we were charge full pop for 4 nights. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
7  Thank kendracw
rodewayinnanaheimca, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites Anaheim by the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

Dear Guest,

• Housekeeping received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Desk staff received additional training concerning the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Management was approached about why your calls were not returned.

Hotel Manager.

There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn & Suites Anaheim by the Convention Center

Reviewed 20 March 2008

The first room that we were given was filthy. The sheet on one of the beds had black marks all over it and the other bed had red stains covering it. The chair had a huge white stain in the middle. The complimentary microwave and refrigorator did not even work and only one light worked. When you opened the door, the bottom plate was loose and made a very loud screeching noice when opened.
The next room that we were given was missing the deadbolt, it appeared to literally be ripped off of the door and wall. The inside of the microwave was covered in something brown.
When all of these items were brought to the attention of the staff, all he had to say was,"Well in the 6 months I have worked here, no one has complained about the rooms being dirty."
I simply asked for a refund and he refused. He came back in a very sarcastic voice and stated," You will never be happy and never wanted to stay here. I will walk you to every room until you are happy."
I then asked for a manager and he stated," It is Sunday at 5 o'clock, there is no manager, what do you expect?"
We left the hotel and are being forced to file a complaint with our credit card because the credit card we used was charged for a stay we did use.
I strongly encourage you not to stay at this location, the staff is rude and the rooms were dirty.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank davinm23

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your attempt to stay at Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center during your recent stay in our area.

• Desk staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful, respectful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Maintenance was informed of the problems with the microwave, refrigerator, and non working lights in the first room assigned to you and instructed to see to their repair or replacement. They were also instructed to see to replacing the lock on the door of the second room you were shown.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 27 February 2008

For my family vacation I had very specific requirements. Because I have a lot of young children, I needed a place that had 4 or more double beds (or larger), two bathrooms, a microwave, a refrigerator, and free breakfast if possible. My husband is a pretty big germophobe, so I also needed somewhere that was clean and bug free. I also wanted to save as much money as possible because the cost of our tickets to Disneyland were $1262. The Vagabond Inn met all of these requirements.
I'm not saying that it is the greatest place in the world to stay, but it was clean and the maids were very kind. The price was very good (I booked directly through their website as it was cheaper than the travel sites). There were a few small holes in the ceiling, and a couple of other very minor things in the room were in need of repair. The beds are extremely hard as has been mentioned. I am a side sleeper and would wake up with sore hips.
The breakfast was okay--like a previous post said, it was pretty sparse. We had orange juice, lemonade, tea, coffe, danishes, corn flakes, Cheerios, and toast. Some days they would bring out donuts, but they went pretty fast and weren't replaced. Breakfast is only available from 7-9am so the day we went to Disneyland for our Magic Morning, we had to get breakfast elsewhere.
Probably the biggest complaint I have is the parking. The spaces are very small, though we could get our 12 passenger van in without too much trouble. Getting out each morning was the problem. Apparently there aren't enough spaces for the number of rooms that they have because every morning there were cars double parked behind us. We had 2 rooms and only 1 car, and each morning there were at least 5 or 6 cars that weren't in a parking spot. The guy at the desk would come out and move the cars as needed.
I would consider staying here again, as it wasn't bad, but we'll probably just rent a house next time.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center for your recent stay in our area. I hope that you all had a wonderful time at Disneyland.

• Management was approached about the possibility of making better use of what parking space is available.

Reviewed 25 February 2008

Excellent value for the money. Beware that the beds are ROCK hard! Spacious room, and strong shower with good hot water availabillity. Nice updated sink area. The shower head shoots a thin diameter spray, kind of like a massage. Included breakfast is spotty (7-9am only), with items running out frequently. Staff seemed indifferent to requests. Just pastries, toast and some cereal. The apple and orange juice is good, if they are available. You can book on Orbitz and use a $50 off coupon for 3 or more night stays. I forget the code, but you can google it and save $50 (if it is still available). I ended up paying about $120 for 3 weeknights, plus a little over $8.00 as their "resort fee" upon arrival. Our non-smoking room smelled decent, as I am very sensitive to smoke or other odors. It is less than a mile to Disneyland, and parking is free, which was a good bonus. Hope this helps you!

Reviewed 21 February 2008

If you are looking for a place just to sleep and shower, then this is the place you should go to. We booked a kid's suite that had 2 double beds in the front, and a bunk bed in the back room. It was clean, and nothing above average. The only time we were in the room was to sleep and shower. We went to go chill at the pool/spa. But they put too much chlorine in it.

The shuttle for Disneyland is right in front of the place. There's a lot of places to eat, and Target is about two blocks down. The employees were very friendly, and were very helpful with the questions we asked. The maids were also very nice, and made our room very clean each day. They do have a washer/dryer ($1.75 for each use), so if you go swimming, and want to wash your clothes right away, it's very convinient.

Reviewed 30 January 2008

I booked a stay at this hotel and then had to cancel. When I checked my credit card I noticed I had been charged for the canceled stay. I called in and spoke with the manager and was informed it was my word against theirs so there was nothing they could do since I no longer had the cancellation number. I tried to get a hold of the owner for a month and never even received a call back!

Stayed: January 2008
3  Thank FootbalFan

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your attempt to stay at Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center. I am sorry that things didn’t work out for you.

• The manager received additional training concerning the courteous manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.

• The owner was contacted concerning why your calls had not been returned.

I hope that when you do stay in our area, you will once again attempt to stay at Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 16 November 2007

good motel, do not expect something fancy but for the price its OK ... its a little far from disney but very close to some services ( AP/PM - gas station - food ), the services of the hotel are limited, the rooms are clean and big.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomasuy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center.

Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated.