Rodeway Inn & Suites Anaheim by the Convention Center
Ranked #111 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 21 January 2009

This hotel is an older one. It was clean, but showed signs of wear. I booked through the Choice Hotels website and I booked for 2 adults and 3 kids with a rollaway bed. We got a 2 queen bed room and no rollaway. We were too tired to go back to deal with it so we just bunked all 3 kids in to one bed. I wasn't too happy with that but since we were tired and it was a free rewards night from Choice I opted to just fall in bed and sleep. So watch out that you reservation is correct when you get there. It is nice and close to Disneyland so that was a plus.
Staff was nice enough (only interacted with 2 of them though).

Overall I wouldn't go back there again even for a free night... too many better options in the area to mess around with that again. I just took this one because it was the only one available on short notice...

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
rodewayinnanaheimca, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites Anaheim by the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center. I hope that you and your family had a wonderful time at Disneyland.

• The registration staff received additional training in registering our valued guests so that what is booked through the website is what is booked offline.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 3 November 2008

We were quite reluctant to book this hotel at the price we got: it seemed too good to be true. It is less than a mile from Disneyland and includes a hot tub, pool, fridge, guest laundry, and free wireless internet. But the price was irresistible so we tried it. For 3 nites.

It's just great. Comfortable bed (we have been driving cross country, staying in hotels and we've had more than our share of beds where we felt the mattress springs in our backs and hips - but this bed is just great). Excellent room condition - clean and looking "updated". Hot tub and pool clean and inviting. And it even has a guest laundry that wasn't listed in the amenities: a nice surprise to get to do a couple of loads of laundry. And parking is right by the room - easy access.

The desk staff were very friendly and helpful, as well. This is one of those rare finds and it *is* real.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2008

I had a great time. The room rate is very affordable and you get much more than what you expect. Rooms have all basic amenities and they also have free continental breakfast. I had a blast as we were able to enjoy at the pool in the evening. Rooms are really clean and it is not that far from disneyland. The shuttle stops right in front of the hotel. Me and my family would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank smartdaddy
Reviewed 6 May 2008

Website led us to belive that this was a "nice" place. We thought that we had reserved a 2 room suite, not that at all, it was a room and a half. The room was dirty. Holes in the bedding. Filled with flying bugs. The security lock on the door was gone as the door had been kicked in. When I asked about the missing lock the desk agent said "You'll be okay, no one goes down there." After insisting on a safe and secure room, he let me look at a different room.... missing lock in that room as well. We decided to sleep there that night as it was very late at this point. Big Mistake! My 4 yr old daughter was bitten by bed bugs all over her belly. We were there less than 10 hours and moved to the Hyatt for the rest of our trip. I would not recommend this place to anyone. Web site is very deceiving on quality. Stay anywhere but here.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
5  Thank mommaknows

• Desk staff received additional training in seeing to it that our valued guests feel secure in the rooms assigned to them.

• Maintenance was instructed to replace the locks on the doors of the rooms assigned to you.

• Maintenance was informed of the report of bugs in the rooms assigned to you and instructed to see to their elimination.

Reviewed 4 May 2008

I actually waited to see if the management would make it right, but we were ignored! When we got there our room looked as if it had never been cleaned -- stuff all over the carpet, the sink was dirty, the toilet was dirty and our bedspread had a solid sheet of hair of the inside. We called the front desk and they dropped off a vacume and a clean blanket. At 10pm we had to clean our own room!!!! We said we didn't think we should pay for that night and they said that management won't be in until Monday and it was Thursday night. We rarely complain but this was ridiculous! We called repeatedly and the manager never called us back and we were charge full pop for 4 nights. DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
7  Thank kendracw

Dear Guest,

• Housekeeping received additional training concerning the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Desk staff received additional training concerning the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Management was approached about why your calls were not returned.

Reviewed 20 March 2008

The first room that we were given was filthy. The sheet on one of the beds had black marks all over it and the other bed had red stains covering it. The chair had a huge white stain in the middle. The complimentary microwave and refrigorator did not even work and only one light worked. When you opened the door, the bottom plate was loose and made a very loud screeching noice when opened.
The next room that we were given was missing the deadbolt, it appeared to literally be ripped off of the door and wall. The inside of the microwave was covered in something brown.
When all of these items were brought to the attention of the staff, all he had to say was,"Well in the 6 months I have worked here, no one has complained about the rooms being dirty."
I simply asked for a refund and he refused. He came back in a very sarcastic voice and stated," You will never be happy and never wanted to stay here. I will walk you to every room until you are happy."
I then asked for a manager and he stated," It is Sunday at 5 o'clock, there is no manager, what do you expect?"
We left the hotel and are being forced to file a complaint with our credit card because the credit card we used was charged for a stay we did use.
I strongly encourage you not to stay at this location, the staff is rude and the rooms were dirty.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank davinm23

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your attempt to stay at Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center during your recent stay in our area.

• Desk staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful, respectful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• Maintenance was informed of the problems with the microwave, refrigerator, and non working lights in the first room assigned to you and instructed to see to their repair or replacement. They were also instructed to see to replacing the lock on the door of the second room you were shown.

Reviewed 27 February 2008

For my family vacation I had very specific requirements. Because I have a lot of young children, I needed a place that had 4 or more double beds (or larger), two bathrooms, a microwave, a refrigerator, and free breakfast if possible. My husband is a pretty big germophobe, so I also needed somewhere that was clean and bug free. I also wanted to save as much money as possible because the cost of our tickets to Disneyland were $1262. The Vagabond Inn met all of these requirements.
I'm not saying that it is the greatest place in the world to stay, but it was clean and the maids were very kind. The price was very good (I booked directly through their website as it was cheaper than the travel sites). There were a few small holes in the ceiling, and a couple of other very minor things in the room were in need of repair. The beds are extremely hard as has been mentioned. I am a side sleeper and would wake up with sore hips.
The breakfast was okay--like a previous post said, it was pretty sparse. We had orange juice, lemonade, tea, coffe, danishes, corn flakes, Cheerios, and toast. Some days they would bring out donuts, but they went pretty fast and weren't replaced. Breakfast is only available from 7-9am so the day we went to Disneyland for our Magic Morning, we had to get breakfast elsewhere.
Probably the biggest complaint I have is the parking. The spaces are very small, though we could get our 12 passenger van in without too much trouble. Getting out each morning was the problem. Apparently there aren't enough spaces for the number of rooms that they have because every morning there were cars double parked behind us. We had 2 rooms and only 1 car, and each morning there were at least 5 or 6 cars that weren't in a parking spot. The guy at the desk would come out and move the cars as needed.
I would consider staying here again, as it wasn't bad, but we'll probably just rent a house next time.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center for your recent stay in our area. I hope that you all had a wonderful time at Disneyland.

• Management was approached about the possibility of making better use of what parking space is available.