“Got What I Paid For”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Anaheim by the Convention Center
Ranked #113 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 11 December 2010

Booked 3nights here. Got room 111. The check in went fairly smooth. I showed up hoping for an early check in and needed to change the credit card to one with enough to cover my stay but was turned away to both and told to return after 3 and it would be handled then. I returned to find they tried to run my card, I gave them the one I wanted to use and from there on it was ok. The gentleman that helped me was kind and efficient.

Parking was easy, free and ample. My room was clean and everything worked. Desk guy called shortly to check in and ensure all was well, that was nice. The sheets on one bed were short but were clean. The 2pillows on each bed were flat but we did get 1more (that's all they had). Mattress was fairly worn and NOT good for someone with back probs like mine. Towels were rough but plentiful. No conditioner but 2 shampoos. I'm particular about that stuff and know where I'm going and how long I'm staying so I pack accordingly, you should too. Target is up the road if you forget something. The room is older so when we got a neighbor up stairs we heard every squeaky step. Carpets never made my feet black. Never saw any sort of bugs. Heated restroom floor. Super water pressure. This place has absolutely no frills but is acceptable and what I expected at $45 a night.

Extended breakfast is so not. What they have is pretty fresh. Nothing hot but the usual a.m. junk food snacks. Dining rm is clean and well stocked.

Disneyland is about a 25 (+ if u have kids) minute walk but there is an ART shuttle right out front.

Had to check out a day early. Turned in keys by 10:30 a.m. and was told by staff there is no refunds regardless of the notice. She didn't ask any questions or show any concern (ie; was it the room? It wasn't but just the gesture would have made losing money easier). I was in no mood to argue I just walked out and called the Choice Hotels number to file a claim. I was also informed there is no required minimum night stay so a refund should be possible. This is my only real gripe.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
rodewayinnanaheimca, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn & Suites Anaheim by the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center for your recent stay in our area. Thank you for the nice comments you made, they are always nice to hear.

• Desk staff was reminded that it is part of our policy to ask ‘why’ when one of our valued guests decides to leave early.

• The gentleman who registered you in was informed of the nice comments you made about him.

• The manager was instructed to look into the matter of your refund.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Reviewed 8 November 2010

they told me they needed a credit card to hold the room so we did. once we get there they told me they couldint charge the card because the person with the credit card was not there wich i understand so i gave him a $100 deposit plus paid for the room.when we check out they told me why i gave a deposit when they charged the card. so i ended up paying twice once in cash and the other they charged the card. so if i paid with a credit card the night before why would i need to leave a deposit. when i told him did nothing about he gave me the run around i asked for a supervisor it took 15minjust for him to give me her name after i said i was going to call 911. he didint even try and work it out or anything just didint care

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

• Desk staff received additional training in the courteous way in which they are to treat our valued guests.

• The management was instructed to look into the matter of your being double billed.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center. I think you will be very pleased.

Reviewed 26 October 2010

Recently my wife and I stayed here for three days while attending Blizzcon and Disneyland. Most of the reviews on here are either in extreme dislike for the place, or extreme satisfaction for the place. I found that neither were exactly correct based on the room i stayed in.

The room itself was very average, fairly old and slightly dirty, but nothing as mentioned before. The bedsheets were shorter as mentioned in another post but nothing gross about those. ( the mattress is a bit old however,and probably could use a replacement) Another post mentioned bed bugs, so myself being ultra paranoid about bringing those back with me or getting bitten, I immediately checked the room and beds. No telltale signs of bedbugs, so my room appeared to be without a mass quantity of these little demons and my legs weren't chewed up either.

The service on the other hand, was excellent. Each person we came in contact with was very friendly. The gentleman that welcomed us into the hotel was by the name of Kip. He was extremely friendly, and gave us every bit of information we needed, and rang us up as normal. There was a slight problem with the cost (booking and possibly human error) regardless he apologized and fixed the charges to reflect the correct cost as agreed upon. The rooms were always cleaned and fresh sheets and towels were placed in our rooms each time we came back from our convention, and we were satisfied about that. The early morning ladies that were watching the breakfast room were very nice, and always smiled. Although we had no interaction besides that, was still very warm.

Speaking of the breakfast room, it wasn't a Las Vegas breakfast buffet by any means, but for being free, we couldn't complain as it fit our needs to have a quick snack before the day ahead. (ie: flakes/Cheerios type cereals, doughnuts, rolls, toast)

The only gripe i really had was the free wifi. However this may not be at fault to the inn, as this was blizzcon weekend, and the majority of those staying at the inn were probably pounding the connection playing games or using the internet.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Neoxjoker
Reviewed 23 August 2010

My room was infested with bed bugs. I have over 100 bites on my body.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank msroni11

Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bedbugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and see to their extermination.

Reviewed 30 June 2010

This hotel advertises itself as 800 meters from Disneyland which is about 1/2 mile. In actuality it is almost 1 1/2 miles from the Main Gate. We booked on Priceline which usually collects all taxes, fees, etc. (except parking or extras you incur while staying there) but this hotel charged us additional "tax."

They advertised "extended" continental breakfast which actually consisted of sweet rolls, cereal (generic bulk) and a toaster to make toast plus coffee - not sure what's extended about that.

Because of it's location you have to drive to decent restaurant - only fast food within walking distance and if you go late your parking space will be gone when you get back. Some folks who arrived late had to double park. It's not in the best neighborhood.

The room itself was clean and adequate although I found it a bit odd that they had the tiny bottles of shampoo but no conditioner. It's an older hotel and bathrooms are pretty small as is the room itself.

They said there was free internet but none of the passwords provided worked.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank Malcolmsmom

Dear Guest,

• Management was approached about the distance between our establishment and Disneyland and instructed to see to it that what is advertised is accurate.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem you experienced with the internet and instructed to see to it that the problem is solved.

Reviewed 30 June 2010

Too far a walk for Disneyland (past Oranagewood on Harbour) + the motel crowd was a little on the rough / party side (although I had no problems whatsever there). It would be fine if it was a "boy's" trip and we were at an Angels or a Ducks game and decided to make it an overnighter,,, but it is a little worn-down for the kiddies. Since I was at end, near pool, it was pretty quiet. Pool was clean but small... but to be honest, with little ones at Disneyland, they are too exhausted to swim after Disneyland / CA Adventure and the walk was too far to "stop-by" mid-day. I recommend staying at maingate and cough up the $20-30 more per night for convenience. Free Breakfest was good. FInal note on Motel: Desk help not very helpful... lady in AM shift (06/25) did not let my wife call my cell (local #) after I mistakenly split up with her (I had her cell & lttle one). Lady at desk told her to go to phone booth at local gas station even though she did not have any money. NOTE TO RODEWAY MGMT: EVERYTHING ELSE WAS FINE, DON'T MESS IT UP WITH UNACCEPTABLE FRONT DESK SERVICE. Final note on CA Adventure: Check out World of Color, new "Fantasmic"-like show.. you need fast pass tickets avail at Grizzly Raft ride.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Rodeway Inn & Suites near Convention Center for your recent stay in our area. I hope that you and your family had a wonderful time at Disneyland and CA Adventure.

• The lady who instructed your wife to go to the payphone at the garage received additional instruction in the courteous, helpful manner in which we treat our valued guests.

• Breakfast staff was informed of the kind comment you made concerning our free breakfast.

Reviewed 26 June 2010

We stayed at Rodeway Inn & Suites for 1 week. The staff, Skip, Didar, Armond & the woman office manager were the best! Friendly, helpful & very nice. Breakfast was great! Nice selection for some of us 'picky' eaters. Room very clean! Location good. Would definitely recommend this motel!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Investorshm, IHM Property Reporter at Rodeway Inn & Suites Anaheim by the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2010

Dear MickMinn, we are thankful that you decided to stay at our hotel, and are grateful to hear your experience was delightful. We pride ourselves in our customer service skills. We are glad to hear your review was a positive one. Thank you very much again for the review and the stay and we hope that you come back an stay with us again.