“Nice but not staying here again...”
Review of The Anabella

The Anabella
Ranked #54 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 January 2013 via mobile

First, they charge a deposit for damages. If any occur! Didn't know that until we looked at our bank account and saw we were charged $94 for a two night stay.

Second, the room. It was nice and spacious and clean. Room was extremely cold at night! The heater/ air conditioner had a 1/2 inch space between the wall and the unit where the cold air came in! We had a casita suite which included a small room it was extremely cold at night as well! The room was located next to a noisy shipping yard which you could hear everything clearly very early in the morning. Btw the heater didn't heat very much. The room walls were super thin could hear the people on either side of clearly plus noisy plumbing. The pluses, beds were comfy. Pillows were hard as a rock though. The bathroom clean and pretty smelling soaps. The staff was friendly. Even got us a room sooner than the 4pm check in time.

The location was good too. A 10 minute walk to the parks. So no need for riding the shuttles.

I'm not going to stay here again. Save your money and go else where. Too many hidden fees and cold rooms!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Mia8806
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2013

Dear Mia8806,

Thank you for staying at the Anabella Hotel & Resort. You were very gracious to point out so many positive aspects of your visit including our “comfy” beds, Paya Brand Soaps and Lotions, plus overall cleanliness. I’m glad we were able to check you in early and our staff was friendly in doing so.

I am curious to find out what room you stayed in so I may look into the heater and ½ inch space you referred to. I do apologize for these challenges as they are not indicative of our overall room quality. These comments are very concerning to me and I would like to ensure they were addressed.

Our Deposit Policy is in place to secure reservations and allow for incidental or miscellaneous expenses outside the room charge. These incidentals may be services such as dining at our Tangerine Bar & Grill or telephone calls to name a few. This policy should have been more clearly defined prior to your visit.

Feedback such as yours is highly valuable for training and improvement so, again I thank you. There are many options in the Anaheim Resort Area to choose from and the Anabella Hotel & Resort values your patronage. It seems there were many aspects of our hotel you enjoyed. With 14 different room types sitting on 8 acres, I feel confident there is the perfect room for you here. Please reach out to me directly the next time you’re in the Anaheim Resort Area so I may help you in doing so.

Brandon Jemison
Assistant Front Desk Manager
714-905-1050

Write a ReviewReviews (3,242)

Reviewed 17 January 2013

The Anabella Hotel has a perfect location for visiting either park. The restaurant attached to the hotel will serve you a quick, hot breakfast before you head into the park. The rooms are fine. As long as you don't expect super luxurious accommodations, your expectations will definitely be met. The bathroom seemed pretty newly renovated, plenty of hot water. The bed was very comfortable and after a long day of walking the parks, you'll be rested. It seems like people who review this hotel and are disappointed probably don't live in California and don't realize that things just cost a lot more here--including hotels! I would definitely visit Anabella again next time I go to Disneyland!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sectravels

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us! It is also delightful to hear you found our beds comfortable and our newly renovated bathrooms up to your liking. Being centrally located we are a quick walk to both Disneyland & the Convention Center, making us perfect for any of your travel needs. I will be sure to pass along your kind remarks to the Tangerine Grill, I am sure they will be happy to hear the service and breakfast were up to your expectations.

Feedback like yours inspires us to continue to strive towards making the Anabella Hotel & Resort the premiere resort destination in Anaheim. We look forward to your next stay and the opportunity to provide another great experience! Feel free to call and ask for me personally on your next trip, I would be more than happy to help with rates and reservations.

Reviewed 17 January 2013

We just returned from our annual tradeshow business trip. The Annabelle was a new hotel for us - we typically frequent larger more "corporate" hotels. I can't say enough about the Anabelle. It was a fresh change from our typical stay. We loved the boutique feel, the cleanliness of the rooms and grounds and the customer-service oriented staff - front desk and concierge were wonderful. Finally, our favorite about the Annabelle was the Tangerine grill. (Thank you, Roberta for your great service.) Wow! It was so great to have a restaurant on site that offers healthy, delicious food. Once we had our first meal there, it became the only venue we ate at for our 4 day stay. I can see this hotel being an asset to Disney families and corporate travelers. Thanks Annabelle! You're our new hotel venue of choice for Anaheim. See you next year.

Room Tip: Recommend second floor rooms and opposite the pool side if you would like some quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

It is also delightful to hear that you found our service and grounds up to your expectations. All of our staff takes great pride in not only maintaining our grounds but providing exemplary customer service. Every corner of our property is meticulously worked on to provide a beautiful escape and experience for our guests’.

The Tangerine grill provides a fresh take on California entrees, providing guests with an eclectic menu that is not only healthy but delicious as well. I will be sure to pass on your review to them, as well as Roberta specifically, I am sure she will be delighted to hear your kind remarks.

Feedback like yours inspires us to continue to strive towards making the Anabella Hotel & Resort the premiere resort destination in Anaheim. We look forward to your return next year, and the opportunity to provide another great experience! Feel free to call and ask for me personally on your next trip, I would be more than happy to help with rates and reservations.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

The motel is only about 10 minute walk to Disney parks. The property is nice on the outside. Our room was the Deluxe Casita suite w/1 queen and daybed. First impression the room was cute,but discovered many flaws. Unfortunately we were there during a very, very cold snap (20's one night). Room has a wall unit for a/c and heat. It never did completely heat the room with the daybed and the bathroom was like an icebox. Also bathroom was completely tiled and with the steam every thing was wet (hairdryer, walls, slippery floors). No vent so you had to crack the window. Also the plugs were very loose, had a hard time plugging anything in. The convention center was behind the building we stayed in. The did alot of unloading right outside the window of the daybed room late into the night. The room also had a smell to it, which would explain why our windows were open when we checked in at midnight. I will say the shower had plenty of hot water and a good flow, beds were comfortable and clean. Also I did see other rooms like ours that seemed to have been upgraded somewhat.

Room Tip: Request a building unit away from the convention center.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rene C

Dear Rene C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Anabella Hotel. I was pleased to hear that you liked our location; however, I’m disappointed with the level of warmth that our heater omitted. We have dedicated maintenance staff that could have fixed our replaced such an issue promptly, especially during such a chilly night. We encourage our guests to report any challenges they encounter so we may correct it immediately. I am sorry if we fell short in this area.

With the challenges you experienced it was nice to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and had a nice hot shower. Our housekeeping staff takes exceptional pride in overall cleanliness and I’m glad we met your expectations.

I hope to retain your loyalty and have another opportunity to serve you again. Please let me know the next time you return to the area so I may personally make your booking.

Brandon J. Jemison
Assistant Front Desk Manager
714-905-1050

Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

Had a great weekend, service was excellent and concierge service was just plain fantastic! Loved the hotel and while its certainly not upscale by any standards, it was very cute and I loved it! The service in the restaurant was also very quick and good. Would stay again, and would take my family to Disney it's a great place to stay with a 5-10 min walk to Disney, downtown Disney, the convention centre, etc. thanks for the great weekend!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Cutiepatootie

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It’s great to hear that you had an excellent stay. All of our staff takes great pride in providing exemplary customer service, so it is great to hear that our concierge service was up to your expectations. Being centrally located we are a quick walk to Disneyland and the Convention Center and perfect for both business and family travelers.

Feedback like yours inspires us to continue to strive towards making the Anabella Hotel & Resort the premiere resort destination in Anaheim.. Please let us know the next time you will be in the Anaheim Resort area, as we look forward to your next stay and the opportunity to provide another excellent experience! Feel free to call and ask for me personally on your next trip, I would be more than happy to help with rates and reservations.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

A large hotel, rooms a really nice and quite large. Only downfall is that there is only 1 laundry for all the units. So join the queue. Breakfast meals are large but quite reasonable in price. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Good position to Disneyland. Just a 10 minute walk. Bus stop very handy. Yes I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Back from the road is quieter, upstairs you get a view of the fireworks at Disneyland.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank tdrandle
AnabellaManager, Manager at The Anabella, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

All of our staff takes great pride in not only maintaining our grounds but providing exemplary customer service. Every corner of our property is meticulously worked on to provide a beautiful escape and experience for our guests’. I am sure the staff will be happy to hear your kind remarks.

Feedback like yours inspires us to continue to strive towards making the Anabella Hotel & Resort the premiere resort destination in Anaheim. Please let us know the next time you will be in the Anaheim Resort area, as we look forward to your next stay and the opportunity to serve you again! Feel free to call and ask for me personally on your next trip, I would be more than happy to help with rates and reservations.

Reviewed 10 January 2013

Nice, clean, large rooms. Perfect for families headed to Disneyland. About a 10 minute walk to the main gate. You really can't get much closer unless you stay at the Grand Californian (but that will cost you an arm & a leg). Pool & hot tub were a great way to finish the day. Restaurant was quite nice, but I was disappointed that the prices weren't any better than you would find inside Disney or at Downtown Disney. Also, the $10 daily internet fee & $14 parking was a little steep.

Room Tip: Check the hotel's website for the best deals.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SeibH

Dear SeibH,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us.

It is delightful to hear you found our rooms spacious and accommodating. All of our staff takes great pride in maintaining our grounds and in the cleanliness of our rooms. Every corner of our property is meticulously worked on to provide a beautiful escape and experience for our guests’. I will be sure to pass on your kind remarks to our Housekeeping and Maintenance staff.

We are preparing to launch our new free Wi-Fi system which should be ready for use in the coming months. In regards to our parking charge, we believe ours to be equal to or lower than the hotels in the surrounding area.

Thank you for the feedback, it inspires us to continue to strive towards making the Anabella Hotel & Resort the premiere resort destination in Anaheim. Please let us know the next time you will be in the Anaheim Resort area, as we look forward to the opportunity to serve you again. Feel free to call and ask for me personally on your next trip, I would be more than happy to help with rates and reservations.