“What a Great Choice!”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Salt Lake City, Utah
“What a Great Choice!”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

After reading many reviews and speaking with a good friend who frequents Disneyland, we easily narrowed down our choices to the CCI and Best Western Anaheim Inn. Even though the CCI was about $40 more, the rave reviews, complimentary breakfast, and quaint pool area enticed me to reserve our room at CCI. I have stayed at the Grand Californian twice and while the hotel and grounds are beautiful, the rooms are small and very standard. I quite preferred the rooms at CCI to the GC and the walking distance to DL is the same.

We arrived too early for check-in but they gave me a parking pass and allowed me to leave my rental car on property. We hopped on the very clean and air-conditioned shuttle and arrived at the main gate in less than 10 minutes. While at at the park, I was able to check my email from my smart phone and noticed an email sent from CCI earlier that morning warning me of a possible cancellation due to an error with my credit card. I wondered why the front desk hadn't alerted me of this when we arrived but quickly made a call to reservations and thankfully resolved the situation.

Upon check in, we ran into another issue with our standard room when we encountered maintenance in our room. He was very apologetic and called the front desk. He carried our luggage back to the front desk, wherein they upgraded us to a premium room due to the standard rooms being sold out. The manager was very apologetic and maintenance carried our luggage to our new room.

I found the premium room to be very clean (and I am very picky) and comfortable. We appreciated the soft beds, many fluffy towels, soft pillows, cool a/c, welcome bucket (microwave popcorn, treats, and homemade cookies which were the BEST), and added touches, such as a fresh rose in a vase, and a selection of tea, coffee and biscotti. The microwave, mini-fridge, safe, and DVD player were also a bonus. I quite enjoyed having breakfast delivered to our room each morning in a quaint basket. I would highly recommend the premium room.

Our room was in the back on the 2nd floor and was very quiet, with the exception of one night when some loud guests woke us up after returning from the park around 12:45 a.m.

We spent one afternoon break from DL at the pool. The water was refreshing and we nearly had the place to ourselves. The shuttle was reliable and the drivers were very friendly and helpful. We even walked to DL several times and didn't mind the short walk. It was nice to have the shuttle to rely on after dark.

There is a 7-11 and ABC store next door and a few fast food restaurants across the street. We drove to Target about 5 minutes away, and stocked up on afternoon snacks and bottled water. It was nice to have a treat in the room for our afternoon breaks from DL. The property is beautiful and well maintained. I also noticed a laundry room and several tables and chairs located throughout the property.

All in all, I loved the CCI and will definitely return as soon as possible. Thank you for a great stay!

1 Thank kairlotta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
Spanish Fork, Utah
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is the second time we have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn. With the proximity to Disneyland, and the free shuttle service every 30 minutes, this location cannot be beat! Ameneties include: Free parking, free continental breakfast, in-room refrigerator, free shuttle to Disneyland Resort, swimming pool, hot tub, and gorgeous courtyard. The staff at check in and check out where courteuos and efficient. After a long day at Disney, the beds are comfortable, and the rooms are quiet. We will be back!!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
DeSoto, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2011

While planning our trip to California I Googled hotles near Disneyland. I clicked on the first link and was directed to Candy Cane Inn. It look very nice, price was great, and the reviews were good, so I checked to see if they had any rooms avalible and we were in luck! We booked a room, got the conformation email in no time, and we were all set. When we arrived at Candy Cane Inn our mind's were blow at the sight of all the breath taking plants and flowers. When we walking into the lobby the staff was super friendly and extremely helpful. Our room was clean, bed were comfy, water hot, the A/C worked great, and their breakfast was delicous. The hotel was so close to Disneyland it was almost unbelieveable. We were able to walk to Disney and on a nice sidewalk. We stayed four days at Candy Cane Inn and every minute was enjoyable. When we checked out they gave us a coupon to come back. How nice is that! Candy Cane Inn is awesome and it really made our vacation enjoyable.

Room Tip: Any room is great, I imagine.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was our second time to stay at the Candy Cane Inn. This time I brought my sister and her family. Prior to our stay I emailed and asked that our rooms be close to one another. Our rooms were 209 and 210, can't ask for anything closer then that! The staff is very friendly and the front desk staff makes you glad you made reservations. Chris and Robert are very helpful, courteous and friendly, they made us feel important. I had a small problem with the sink draining in my room and Robert had it promptly corrected. Jeff give yourself a pat on the back as well as all of your staff as they keep your guests returning. From the lovely cleaning ladies to the shuttle bus drivers. This was my 4th visit to Disneyland and the last 2 stays have been with the Candy Cane Inn. If my kids have it their way we'll be back! Thank you Jeff and staff.

1 Thank nonukes17
Oregon
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The Candy Cane is a quaint hotel. It is well-kept, has the amenities one needs, and is a great choice in my opinion for travelers, especially those with kids. It is not fancy, but it is nice. They serve a light, complimentary breakfast consisting of fruit and pastries and drinks. They have a free bus that leaves every 30 minutes, thought the park is literally next door to the hotel. We walked from our door to the GATES into the park in under 10 minutes, but we walked briskly. However, the shuttle is SUPER handy! For me, hotels near Disney are about 2 things: comfort and location, and the Candy Cane has both. Also, they are the most hospitable staff I have ever come across. I will never stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: All rooms are pretty much the same. Ask for one further from the pool if you want it to be quiet bef...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Canberra
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was our third time at the Candy Cane Inn. We contemplated staying somewhere else this time just to try something different but after much research decided that we would stick with what we know and we weren't disappointed. The Candy Cane is a great family hotel, it is clean and well run and a great base for a visit to Disneyland. The rate includes a great breakfast which you can eat by the pool, free wifi internet, free parking, guest laundry, fitness room and free shuttle bus to and from Disneyland.
When we made our booking I requested a room at the front of the hotel so I could be sure of reliable internet connection as I have an online business that I need to attend to daily. We had stayed further back in the hotel last time and did have a few problems connecting, I had no problems this time closer to the front office.
The free shuttle bus to and from Disneyland is reliable and always on time and if you don't want to take the bus, it is only around a ten minute leisurely walk with only one road to cross, very close.
There is an ABC and 7/11 convenience store right next door to the hotel, then accross the road there is a Subway, a Mexican and a Panda Express. A little further around the corner is the Anaheim Garden Walk which has some stores like Hollister, Body Shop, Sketchers etc as well as bowling and movies and some nice places to eat as well including the Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gumps and more.
You won't be disappointed if you choose to stay at the Candy cane, it is a great hotel in a great location.

Room Tip: If you want reliable internet, ask for a room close to reception.
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed 26 July 2011

This was our second trip to the Candy Cane Inn and it was just as great as the first. We upgraded to a Premium room again and it is well worth it. We all loved the breakfast basket idea. It works really well you simply pick what you want from the list and then leave the order on your door before you go to bed. The basket is then delivered at your chosen time the follwoing morning. Breakfast in bed all round.

The hotel is ideally located a very short walk from Disney or if you prefer the hotel runs a shuttle bus service. The rooms are always clean and have all of the essentials and a few good extras. Our daughter loved the microwave popcorn.

The pool is small but ideal for cooling down after a hot day in the parks. We also took advantage of the onsite washers and dryers.

Will definitely be going back to Candy Cane Inn for a third time.