“An absolute gem” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
richmond, british columbia, canada
“An absolute gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

We chose the Candy Cane Inn because of the good reviews, the reasonable rates, and the close proximity to Disneyland. When we arrived, we were immediately impressed with the quick, professional and friendly service at check-in. The rooms were large with two queens (very comfy mattresses and pillows) plus room enough for a play and pack supplied by the hotel for our grandson. Once settled, we enjoyed an afternoon lounging around the lovely heated pool and hot tub, and played with our grandson in the perfect sized kid's pool.

The hotel conveniently stocked Disney Park Hopper Passes which we were able to purchase for a good rate. The walk to Disneyland only took fifteen minutes, however, for tired feet the hotel offered a continual shuttle service back and forth to Disneyland (complimentary). Every morning we would gather around the pool deck with other residents and enjoy a wonderful (also complimentary) breakfast of fresh fruit, juices, muffins, toast, bagels, sticky buns, croissants, preserves, coffee, milk, yogurt, cereals (I may have missed something...there was lots to choose from!) We would grab a couple of pieces of fresh fruit for later in the morning and head off with full tummies and excited expectations. Needless to say, Disneyland met everyone's expectations and more. As did our choice of hotel. Chatting with one of the staff while waiting for our hotel arranged limo to the airport my husband observed how clean and beautiful the hotel and grounds were maintained by hardworking employees. He was told that it was because employees were treated very well by the employer. Their pleasure in their work was definately reflected in the service we received, and we would definately recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a most comfortable stay in Anaheim.

6 Thank LandL8
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 10 August 2011
Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am so pleased to read that everything during your stay was to your liking. Also, I must agree with you that our employees are our secret to making the Candy Cane Inn successful. We definitely understand that if we take care of our staff, our staff will take care of our guests. Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to seeing you back again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
Gilbert Az
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

This place treats you like family, not like a chain motel. The staff is friendly and accommodating, breakfast is great and they have a great shuttle service that functions like clockwork. Best place to stay if your going to Disneyland....Nice pool and Jacuzzi too.

2 Thank wjo602
West Lawn, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

Our family stayed at the Candy Cane Inn for three nights in the middle of our southern California vacation. This was our third visit to Disneyland but our first visit to the Candy Cane Inn after staying at another location on the previous visits. We were all happy with our choice of the Candy Cane Inn. The property is located beside Disneyland. They provide a free shuttle that leaves every hour if you dont feel like making the ten minute walk to Disneyland. We used the shuttle only once since the location of the hotel was so close. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The property provides a free continental breakfast and has a swimming pool, as well as free WiFi. If you plan to spend nearly all your day at Disneyland the Candy Cane Inn would be an ideal choice.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Mailcommando
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

There are many reviews addressing all aspects for The Candy Cane Inn. It is a wonderful property. For our family , the room was perfect and well appointed. I was really pleased with how quiet things were, even being across from the pool. In addition, the location for Disneyland visitors is OUTSTANDING. Being able to walk to DL or DCA and never cross Harbor Drive was worth the price alone. I feel The Candy Cane Inn is a spectacular property that is charming and family owned. STAY HERE....we will again.

Room Tip: Book early through their site and email to confirm
2 Thank buzzster
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

I was at the Candy Cane on business for 4 nights. The room and bathroom were both very spacious and well equipped. The only negatives, in a ground-floor room, were the very noisy people upstairs and the fact that you had to keep your blinds shut at all times for privacy reasons.
The hotel's grounds were beautiful and immaculately kept. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The clientele was a nice mixture of business visitors and families.
Breakfast, either indoors or in the swimming pool area, was nice and plentiful, with bread and pastries, fruit, hot and cold drinks.
The hotel is within easy walking distance of the convention centre and is served by the various bus and shuttle services to the airport and other tourist destinations. It also has a small gym.

Room Tip: I would ask for an upstairs room next time.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mednad
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

We stayed here for one night, and it was great. The room was nice, and stocked with some snacks (popcorn, cookies and water) which was a nice treat. Most people are getting in with kids and you know they are all about snacks after a car ride! There is a shallow kiddie pool which was great for our 3 year old - she loved it. The bigger pool was great too, except there was WAY too much chlorine. My son's eyes were on fire! I will warn you there is NO elevator, so either request a ground floor or be prepared to haul your luggage up a flight of stairs. Overall, I was very pleased with the hotel layout, cleanliness, staff, and amenities. Easy walk into Disneyland too, as well as a bunch of places to eat. We live in San Diego, so this is going to be our "go to" hotel when we visit Mickey Mouse.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank acw38
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

After reading many reviews and speaking with a good friend who frequents Disneyland, we easily narrowed down our choices to the CCI and Best Western Anaheim Inn. Even though the CCI was about $40 more, the rave reviews, complimentary breakfast, and quaint pool area enticed me to reserve our room at CCI. I have stayed at the Grand Californian twice and while the hotel and grounds are beautiful, the rooms are small and very standard. I quite preferred the rooms at CCI to the GC and the walking distance to DL is the same.

We arrived too early for check-in but they gave me a parking pass and allowed me to leave my rental car on property. We hopped on the very clean and air-conditioned shuttle and arrived at the main gate in less than 10 minutes. While at at the park, I was able to check my email from my smart phone and noticed an email sent from CCI earlier that morning warning me of a possible cancellation due to an error with my credit card. I wondered why the front desk hadn't alerted me of this when we arrived but quickly made a call to reservations and thankfully resolved the situation.

Upon check in, we ran into another issue with our standard room when we encountered maintenance in our room. He was very apologetic and called the front desk. He carried our luggage back to the front desk, wherein they upgraded us to a premium room due to the standard rooms being sold out. The manager was very apologetic and maintenance carried our luggage to our new room.

I found the premium room to be very clean (and I am very picky) and comfortable. We appreciated the soft beds, many fluffy towels, soft pillows, cool a/c, welcome bucket (microwave popcorn, treats, and homemade cookies which were the BEST), and added touches, such as a fresh rose in a vase, and a selection of tea, coffee and biscotti. The microwave, mini-fridge, safe, and DVD player were also a bonus. I quite enjoyed having breakfast delivered to our room each morning in a quaint basket. I would highly recommend the premium room.

Our room was in the back on the 2nd floor and was very quiet, with the exception of one night when some loud guests woke us up after returning from the park around 12:45 a.m.

We spent one afternoon break from DL at the pool. The water was refreshing and we nearly had the place to ourselves. The shuttle was reliable and the drivers were very friendly and helpful. We even walked to DL several times and didn't mind the short walk. It was nice to have the shuttle to rely on after dark.

There is a 7-11 and ABC store next door and a few fast food restaurants across the street. We drove to Target about 5 minutes away, and stocked up on afternoon snacks and bottled water. It was nice to have a treat in the room for our afternoon breaks from DL. The property is beautiful and well maintained. I also noticed a laundry room and several tables and chairs located throughout the property.

All in all, I loved the CCI and will definitely return as soon as possible. Thank you for a great stay!

1 Thank kairlotta