“So hard to pack up and leave...”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We visit the CCI every October during our son's Fall Break...I so look forward to this trip. We stayed for 5 days last week and those 5 days flew by let me tell you. Yes, we love Disneyland, but the CCI is the icing on the cake. I honestly feel it's our second home. Love the staff, (hi James!!), the pool area, the breakfast, the flowers, the comfy clean rooms and of course the proximity to Disneyland. One night we went up to the second floor and had a great view of the fireworks. You know you are a regular when you go to check in and they pull up your reservation without my even giving my name!! Thanks again to Jeff and his amazing staff...we are counting down the days until next October...

The Napoli/Twohig Family

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

It is certainly our pleasure to make you feel like the Candy Cane Inn is your second home! James and our team of service professionals are delighted in providing exceptional service in the spirit of hospitality. Again, thank you for your comments and see you on your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Candy Cane Inn

Reviewed 16 October 2011

After a hiatus from staying at the CCI of several years and trying many other hotels when visiting the happiest place on earth, we decided to try out the CCI once again. Let me just say, this place is incredible. We are on our second of three nights currently and I have nothing bad to say. One caveat I need to disclaim, I typically stay at much more expensive and upscale hotels and during our hiatus, we stayed at Marriott, Sheraton and hyatt properties when in Anaheim. If you are going to Disneyland, there is not a hotel that offers the cleanliness convenience and atmosphere quite like CCI. This blend makes for the perfect stay. I can't say enough good about this property and the perfect niche it provides for the Disney going fanatic like myself

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank sumnereli

Thank you so much for returning and sharing your comments with fellow travelers. We strive in providing the utmost in quality, cleanliness and service while being cognizant of families travelling on a budget. We do appreciate your business and please feel free to contact when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed 13 October 2011

My husband and I travel to Disneyland about two or three times a year and always stay at the Candy Cane Inn. We stay in their premium rooms and we love the little extra touches they provide. They make the stay great from the themed welcome basket to our breakfast delivered every morning.

We love the whole atmosphere of the grounds with the bright colors and flowers throughout. And not to forget its only a quick walk right to the Disneyland park gates.

James at the front desk remembers us each time and makes us feel so welcomed. He takes the time to chat with us if he has the time and always has a smile on his face. We always look forward to catching up with him each visit. The rest of the staff is also very friendly from the housekeepers to the maintance personel.

We would recommend the Candy Cane Inn to anyone and everyone visiting Disneyland.

Room Tip: The premium rooms are defiantly worth the few extra dollars.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsStepHanson
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Thank you for being a loyal Candy Cane Inn guest, we DO appreciate your business. I too agree that our Premium Room with the additional services and touches are certainly worth the costs. Yes, James is a pleasant person and is our ambassador with new and return guests alike. Please feel free to contact me personally when making your next reservations as I would be delighted to assist with rates and it would be my pleasure. Kind regards!

Reviewed 13 October 2011

We stayed at the Candy Cane the week of the 21st of September 2011. We have stayed there before and it was as nice this time as it always is. We had the whole family there so we had three different types of rooms. All very clean and ver comfortable. I really enjoyed the company of the shuttle driver, I wish I could remember his name, the man deserves a raise. I will be staying at the Candy Cane again on my next trip. No suprises. I love it.

Room Tip: It really didnt matter, we had family in different room types and they were all perfect.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for allowing us to be of service on your recent and past visits and I appreciate your kind comments regarding our property and staff. I am delighted that our team of drivers is very friendly and most have been with us for an extended amount of time. Again, thank you for your business and we look forward in seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 9 October 2011

Firstly on a positive note - the rooms, locatilon, pool area, and hotel cleanliness are all very good. The breakfast was great, especially around the pool on warm mornings. On a negative note - there were 12 in our travelling group, spread over about 5 rooms and nearly every one of us had front desk issues with incorrect billing and taking out too much money from accounts (Travelex Cards). On complaint, the next day, the shift manager could not say the words 'sorry, we made a mistake', instead he made himself look like a total fool, in trying to cover up his staff's errors. I must say, he did it very well, but what a customer service error you made there - knowing that people review you! When a customer has printed proof that you charged them incorrectly, just admit it, fix it, and we can all move on. Another negative, which is unlike me, but I do have to mention this - work was being done on the hotel roof. By the low # of people at breakfast and the low # of cars in car parks outside of rooms, I would say the hotel was not full - SO WHY would you place your customers in the rooms where the workman are working from 7.15am, waking us up??? Wouldn't planning put the customers on the other side of the hotel where possible? I did ring and asked how many more mornings this will be happening for, the reception desk said a few more, would we like to change rooms? Change rooms? Why just not make those allowances to start with?!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Fish096
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We stayed in this hotel during our visit to Disneyland. service is good, breakfast in the basket is such a treat and shuttle to Disney is on time reliable and so sweet drivers so friendly. receptionist are so helpful too. While waiting for our room we relax near the pool. easy parking too. Will definitely recommend this hotel. The kids got. Time of their life!

Room Tip: get Premium!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Des A
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the breakfast delivery feature of our Premium room, as well as the other amenities of the Candy Cane Inn. I hope that when you plan your next trip to Disneyland that you will think of us! Until then, warmest regards!

Reviewed 3 October 2011

OK, I did a TON of research about where to stay in Anaheim while visiting Disneyland. The Disney resorts are nice but VERY expensive. The hotels down S. Harbour Boulevard range dramatically both in age and quality and veer towards the discount variety. But this little non-chain is simply the top of the heap.

The rooms are incredibly clean and well appointed...we upgraded to a deluxe room that included a delivered breakfast, welcome basket and a late checkout (worth it if you head to the parks on the day you check out) along with a microwave and mini-fridge. The breakfast is brought in a nice big basket and you can select all the items you prefer the night before. Each day it arrived exactly on time and had everything we requested and more (it is a continental but they have great donuts, croissants and fresh juice in addition to cereals, fruit, bagels, toast, etc).

The rooms are set up motel design with bath/shower toilet enclosed and the bath sink out in the main room. The bath itself was perfectly clean, had real, thick towels and the strongest shower we have ever seen (very refreshing).

The hotel is within walking distance to the park but the shuttle they operate is SO convenient you'd be crazy to walk. It runs every half hour and they have more than one to accommodate larger groups...the drivers were great and they always ran exactly on time, pretty amazing for a smaller private hotel. The shuttle drops you off just a hundred yards or so from the main entrance to both parks.

We never had time to try the pool and it is small, but the pool area looked very nice and clean (and the pool is heated) and is perfectly landscaped.

The front desk staff was always helpful (with both our very late check-in and our request to leave our car for the day) and I simply can't complain about this place. There are so many choices in Anaheim but there is a reason this hotel is consistently so well rated...it is definitely worth your time and money.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra and get the premium room...worth it on all levels.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Hooter327

Well, from the sound of things it seems that your research paid off! I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed the features and amenities of our Premium room. Breakfast delivery and extended checkout at 2pm are definitely added perks when traveling. Also, thank you for your kind words about our staff. They all work hard to ensure our guests are well taken care of and they enjoy their stay with us. Lastly, I am glad to read that we were able to accommodate your request to park your vehicle with us. This is a request we are always willing to accommodate, as long as we have ample parking to accommodate our new guests checking in. Thank you again for your comments and we all look forward to serving you again in the near future!