I travelled with my youngest son to California this summer. We stayed near Disneyland for 3 nights at the candy Cane Inn. I always do some research on Tripadvisor before I book hotels for my vacations. I decided that this time since it was only the two of us I would look for a less expensive hotel. Two years ago my husband, my three sons and I stayed at the Disney Grand California Resort which cost us considerably more.
I was very happy with my budget choice:
1) FREE parking- this is a great perk because Disneyland is an easy walk from the Inn and you don't need to use your car at all. If you don't like to walk there was a shuttle bus directly from the Inn's parking lot to the bus area at Disneyland. We preferred to walk so we didn't have to time our comings and goings to the bus schedule.
2) FREE continental breakfast. This was a typical continental breakfast. There was cereal , juices, yogurt, pastries, toast, bagels, fruit and of course coffee. Nothing fancy but we had coffee, bagels with peanut butter and Banana, and yogurt every morning and I know it saved us quite a bit of money.
3) FREE wifi. My son loved this as he needed to check his facebook every day when we returned from Disney.
4) Close to Anaheim Garden Walk. This is a small shopping area about two blocks away for the Candy Cane Inn. Not much for stores to shop in but they did have some decent choices for dinner here. We usually walked back to the Candy Cane Inn in the late afternoon for a swim and then we would get cleaned up for supper and walk over to the Anaheim Garden Walk. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gump's and The California Pizza Kitchen. There was also a PF Changs, Johhny Rocket's and a Roy's Hawaiian Fusion. We enjoyed a break from the crowds at Disney and since we are from Canada we like to eat at these restaurants that we don't get to go to often.
5) Swimming Pool- the pool is relatively small but we were there in August and we didn't find it too crowded. There was a hot tub there too and I think the pool area was open until 10pm.
Overall this was a good hotel for us. We hardly spent any time in our room, we saved money on breakfast and parking and the rooms were decent. The rooms are not fancy but ours was comfortable and clean. Some people have complained about the dated decor but I thought the decor was fine for what I paid.
So three nights in this hotel cost about $345 with free parking and breakfast and three nights in the Disney Grand Californian Resort with parking was about $1700. Of course the Disney hotel more upscale, a bit closer to the parks and has a really nice pool area. It all depends on what you want to pay and how much time you plan on spending at the your hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Candy Cane Hotel Anaheim
- Candy Cane Inn Anaheim, California
- Candy Cane Anaheim