“The only place to stay when visting Disneyland”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
California
“The only place to stay when visting Disneyland”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Stayed here July 3rd and 4th for the 4 time and always great value, clean room and helpful staff. Throw in the free parking, breakfast and shuttle you have a win/win situation. This is no fancy resort but if your intend is to go to Disneyland have a place to rest your weary bones and attack Disneyland again this is your go to home base. Also if you have AAA, discount, if you need two day hoppers right now(they could be sold out) they have the old prices.What more can I say. Only thing this time around they forgot my sons birthday, usually they leave a little treat and some birthday goodies. No biggie really as we had a blast as always at Disneyland. See you next time.............

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank caroinsb
, Front Office Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Thank you so very much for being a repeat and loyal Candy Cane Inn guest, we DO appreciate this and your business! I am so sorry that our team miscommunicated and missed the delivery for your son’s special 15th birthday. I do appreciate your responding to my email and he should be receiving something in the mail shortly from me. Again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward in seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the happiest place on earth! Warm regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
oregon
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Okay, so it's been over a year since we stayed at CCI, and I'm finally getting around to writing a review. We're planning a trip back to Disneyland and my kids have already requested we stay at Candy Cane Inn.
Even though it's so close to Disneyland we appreciated the free shuttle. The first night we were at the park we missed our shuttle. We made a call to CCI and they sent their driver back to get us so we didn't have to wait another 30 minutes!
The rooms were nice and clean. The beds were extra comfy and a perfect after a long day at the Parks.
The swimming pool was a great way to take a break from all things Disney, and even the kids loved all the beautiful flowers throughout the property.
We can't wait to get back to Disneyland and another stay at the Candy Cane Inn!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank d y
, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Thank you for staying with us and thinking about us when planning your visit. It is very nice to read that your children have requested that you stay at the Candy Cane Inn. Yes, we do receive many positive comments about our drivers and I am delighted they showed you the same hospitality. Please feel free to contact me personally as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The Candy Cane Inn has been family owned and operated since day one. And it is very obvious that the owners take great care of their team and business, judging by the level of service and attention to detail throughout the property. This was our fourth visit there, and I saw many familiar faces of employees who are treated well.
This place is a treat for those whose self worth is not based on a hotel flag or fancy chain. It's all about guest service, proximity to the Disney Resort and being consistent.
You'll find gardeners out early in the morning caring for the lush vegetation throughout the property, which sets this place apart from most Anaheim lodging establishments. It smells and feels fresh. The housekeepers are hard working and smile as they greet you passing by. The front desk was very efficient and helpful. The shuttle drivers always seems to be happy to be seeing you each time you board the shuttle.
And speaking of the shuttle, this is a selling point for those considering other hotels in the area. The ride to the park is convenient and quick. And as the Candy Cane Inn is so close, there are times where walking was just as easy.
For those expecting a large room, well they are not that big. But how much time are you planning on spending in the room anyway? They are nicely decorated and maintained, and the beds were great.
If I did have anything to complain about, it would be that I would like to see larger fridges in the room.
And a question for Jeff Holl, the GM...Are your employees not allowed to address guests by their first name? I kept referring to my name, as opposed to sir when your employees addressed me.
I will be back...Thanks!

7 Thank MrCarlsbad
, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Thank you for staying with us and yes, we are very delighted that many repeat guests refer to the Candy Cane Inn as their “home away from home”. For that I am sincerely happy and professionally proud to be the guidance of this clearly wonderful team! We are blessed to have owners that care about the property and each and every one of the staff and make it a point to be involved so we do not lose our quality, consistency, edge and/or image and that is certainly more important than all the granite and marble or any flag! I do thank you for your very in-depth review and please feel free to contact me when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. In regards to utilizing names, I expect the team to treat guests (and each other) in the same respectful manner that they like to be treated and only encourage them to display the utmost in professionalism and caring with everyone they come in contact with at all times. Warm regards!
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 2 July 2012

this hotel gave me my best travel experience for my disney weekend.arrived on friday we were greeted by amy and her staff with loads of smiles.she and her staff made our weekend extemely enjoyable.very clean rooms,very roomy,great pool and the breakfast was fantastic.i would highly recommend the candy cane inn for your stay drop in and say hi to amy and her staff. dave lopez

Room Tip: for long stay i recommend the deluxe queen room
2 Thank delcal49
, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and I am delighted that Amy, and our team of service professionals made your stay extremely enjoyable. We look forward in seeing you on your next visit and Kind regards!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Visiting Disneyland? This is the place to stay. Unpretentious and an excellent value. Breakfast, pool, hot tub, wading pool, parking, quiet rooms, shuttle to/from Disneyland twice per hour and if you really need to, within easy walking distance. Put it this way, the back of the hotel and the back of the Disney Cars ride butt up against each other; you can even see the backside of the fake landscape of the ride from the front of the hotel. We stayed in a front room. We thought it would be too noisy facing Harbor Blvd, but NO! The landscaping shutters blocked out all the noise. Breakfast was ample though if you're looking for bacon and eggs or waffles, it is only continental: toast, bagels, pastries, cereal, milk, juice, coffee (won't put Starbucks out of business), yogurt...you get the idea. Oh, yeah, free WiFi all over, even poolside. Did I mention the free WiFi? Room was clean and well taken care of. Housekeeping was excellent. Love this place.

Room Tip: Even the rooms up front on the ground floor are quiet.
6 Thank 2ddw
, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Thank you so much for all your kind comments and staying with us, and…we LOVE our guests too!! We do aspire to give the utmost of exceptional guest service and in providing quality in all our products while keeping modest travelers in mind. Warm regards!
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I can't tell you how many times we have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn, but this stay was just as good as the others! This time, I asked for a handicapped access room so my father would have a little easier time. With that, the bathroom did have a little more space, and there were hand rails in the bathtub and near the toilet. A seat was also available for showers.

Our room was a deluxe double, and it was on the first floor near the middle of the property. There was plenty of counter space near the sink, and there was adequate space in the room. The television had plenty of good kids stations, which was important, of course.

The staff at this hotel is wonderful. They are courteous, helpful, and always willing to help out. The hotel offers a shuttle to Disneyland and back every 30 minutes. My daughter got very good at running very fast to hold the shuttle for us when we were through at the park. The hotel pool and hot tub are probably my favorite of any hotel I have stayed at. No, it is not because it is perfect temperature, or perfect size, I guess it is because Candy Cane Inn feels like a family hotel. There are usually a couple of families out at the pool and hot tub area, and there is a nice radio station playing quietly in the background. The atmosphere of this pool area can't be beat. There is also a little kiddie pool if desired.

The breakfast at Candy Cane Inn consists of cereal, milk, juices, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, donuts, toast, and yogurt. Coffee and hot chocolate are also available. This breakfast may not have hot items, but you can always grab an extra bagel to take with you to the park, which is nice, and they always taste fresh.

Oh, and for those who are curious, my 11 year old daughter counted the steps from the parking lot of Disneyland to the front steps of Candy Cane Inn, and it was 750 steps. The price, location, quality of room and quality of service make the Candy Cane Inn our favorite stay in Anaheim. AND, when you stay frequently, they will give you $10 off per night of your next stay if it is within the year.

Room Tip: I like rooms close to the pool area.
3 Thank twcsmom
, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Thank you for being a loyal Candy Cane Inn guest and we appreciate you sharing your kind comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. You touched on so many different aspect of our nice little property and yes, it clearly shows the entire team cares about our guests. Please feel free to contact me personally when planning your next visit as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Camrose, Canada
Reviewed 29 June 2012

A five minute walk to the park with bright, clean, quiet, spacious rooms and a continental breakfast for $139/ night in the end of June, how can you beat that? Free coffee, candy canes, wifi. A pool to relax by in the afternoons. Friendly staff. Beautiful grounds. Thank you for another great visit! Highly recommend Candy Cane Inn!

Room Tip: Second floor, quiet room away from the highway.
4 Thank ivanhoe
, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Thank you allowing us the pleasure to be of service during your recent visit to the theme parks. We DO appreciate your business and wonderful comments. Kind regards!