“Candy Cane Inn - LOVE IT!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Redmond, Washington
“Candy Cane Inn - LOVE IT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

We just spent 4 nights at the Candy Cane Inn. Check in was easy and quick and our roll-away bed we requested was ready when we checked in. The room was very clean and comfortable. We had 3 teens with us, so it was a little tight with the roll-away, but you don't spend a lot of time in the room anyhow. The grounds were very pretty with flowering baskets everywhere. The breakfast by the pool was good. Bagels, muffins, cereal, and whole fresh fruit. We walked the short distance to Disneyland most days, but the shuttle came in handy when our legs and feet were tired late at night. The shuttle was always on time and the drivers were very friendly. We would stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Jamie3210
, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Our Expanded Continental Breakfast and our Exclusive Complimentary Shuttle to the theme parks are a couple things that set us apart from other properties. Again, thank you for your business as we DO appreciate this!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
Lake Tapps
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed here for two nights (June 28th-29th) to visit Disneyland. We arrived at 8:30 am and were able to park at the hotel and take the shuttle to Disneyland. This was great not to have to use Disney Parking on that first day. At 3:00 in the afternoon I called to see if our room was ready and they said they would check and to call them back in 5 min. I did and they said our room would be ready by the time we took the shuttle back to the hotel. When we arrived back they knew who I was and instantly gave us our room key. Check in took all of two minutes!

The room was on the second floor halfway back into the hotel grounds. This was a good location and the room was spotless. You can tell they really care about everything. We had a personalized note with fresh cookies in our room. This really impressed my husband. The beds were very comfy and we were able to sleep well.

The location was excellent and we took the shuttle and/or walked to Disneyland each morning (10 min walk), then returned to the hotel in the afternoon for a swim and rest. Then we returned to the parks in the evening for Dinner and more rides/shows.

The staff were all friendly and I would not hessitate to stay here again.

6 Thank JennyO2000
, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 12 July 2012
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be of service on your recent visit to the theme parks. We do appreciate your business and the kind comments about our property and the service that you received. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

Stayed here July 3rd and 4th for the 4 time and always great value, clean room and helpful staff. Throw in the free parking, breakfast and shuttle you have a win/win situation. This is no fancy resort but if your intend is to go to Disneyland have a place to rest your weary bones and attack Disneyland again this is your go to home base. Also if you have AAA, discount, if you need two day hoppers right now(they could be sold out) they have the old prices.What more can I say. Only thing this time around they forgot my sons birthday, usually they leave a little treat and some birthday goodies. No biggie really as we had a blast as always at Disneyland. See you next time.............

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank caroinsb
, Front Office Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 13 July 2012
Thank you so very much for being a repeat and loyal Candy Cane Inn guest, we DO appreciate this and your business! I am so sorry that our team miscommunicated and missed the delivery for your son’s special 15th birthday. I do appreciate your responding to my email and he should be receiving something in the mail shortly from me. Again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward in seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the happiest place on earth! Warm regards!
oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

Okay, so it's been over a year since we stayed at CCI, and I'm finally getting around to writing a review. We're planning a trip back to Disneyland and my kids have already requested we stay at Candy Cane Inn.
Even though it's so close to Disneyland we appreciated the free shuttle. The first night we were at the park we missed our shuttle. We made a call to CCI and they sent their driver back to get us so we didn't have to wait another 30 minutes!
The rooms were nice and clean. The beds were extra comfy and a perfect after a long day at the Parks.
The swimming pool was a great way to take a break from all things Disney, and even the kids loved all the beautiful flowers throughout the property.
We can't wait to get back to Disneyland and another stay at the Candy Cane Inn!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank d y
, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Thank you for staying with us and thinking about us when planning your visit. It is very nice to read that your children have requested that you stay at the Candy Cane Inn. Yes, we do receive many positive comments about our drivers and I am delighted they showed you the same hospitality. Please feel free to contact me personally as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

The Candy Cane Inn has been family owned and operated since day one. And it is very obvious that the owners take great care of their team and business, judging by the level of service and attention to detail throughout the property. This was our fourth visit there, and I saw many familiar faces of employees who are treated well.
This place is a treat for those whose self worth is not based on a hotel flag or fancy chain. It's all about guest service, proximity to the Disney Resort and being consistent.
You'll find gardeners out early in the morning caring for the lush vegetation throughout the property, which sets this place apart from most Anaheim lodging establishments. It smells and feels fresh. The housekeepers are hard working and smile as they greet you passing by. The front desk was very efficient and helpful. The shuttle drivers always seems to be happy to be seeing you each time you board the shuttle.
And speaking of the shuttle, this is a selling point for those considering other hotels in the area. The ride to the park is convenient and quick. And as the Candy Cane Inn is so close, there are times where walking was just as easy.
For those expecting a large room, well they are not that big. But how much time are you planning on spending in the room anyway? They are nicely decorated and maintained, and the beds were great.
If I did have anything to complain about, it would be that I would like to see larger fridges in the room.
And a question for Jeff Holl, the GM...Are your employees not allowed to address guests by their first name? I kept referring to my name, as opposed to sir when your employees addressed me.
I will be back...Thanks!

7 Thank MrCarlsbad
, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Thank you for staying with us and yes, we are very delighted that many repeat guests refer to the Candy Cane Inn as their “home away from home”. For that I am sincerely happy and professionally proud to be the guidance of this clearly wonderful team! We are blessed to have owners that care about the property and each and every one of the staff and make it a point to be involved so we do not lose our quality, consistency, edge and/or image and that is certainly more important than all the granite and marble or any flag! I do thank you for your very in-depth review and please feel free to contact me when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. In regards to utilizing names, I expect the team to treat guests (and each other) in the same respectful manner that they like to be treated and only encourage them to display the utmost in professionalism and caring with everyone they come in contact with at all times. Warm regards!
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

this hotel gave me my best travel experience for my disney weekend.arrived on friday we were greeted by amy and her staff with loads of smiles.she and her staff made our weekend extemely enjoyable.very clean rooms,very roomy,great pool and the breakfast was fantastic.i would highly recommend the candy cane inn for your stay drop in and say hi to amy and her staff. dave lopez

Room Tip: for long stay i recommend the deluxe queen room
2 Thank delcal49
, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us and I am delighted that Amy, and our team of service professionals made your stay extremely enjoyable. We look forward in seeing you on your next visit and Kind regards!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

Visiting Disneyland? This is the place to stay. Unpretentious and an excellent value. Breakfast, pool, hot tub, wading pool, parking, quiet rooms, shuttle to/from Disneyland twice per hour and if you really need to, within easy walking distance. Put it this way, the back of the hotel and the back of the Disney Cars ride butt up against each other; you can even see the backside of the fake landscape of the ride from the front of the hotel. We stayed in a front room. We thought it would be too noisy facing Harbor Blvd, but NO! The landscaping shutters blocked out all the noise. Breakfast was ample though if you're looking for bacon and eggs or waffles, it is only continental: toast, bagels, pastries, cereal, milk, juice, coffee (won't put Starbucks out of business), yogurt...you get the idea. Oh, yeah, free WiFi all over, even poolside. Did I mention the free WiFi? Room was clean and well taken care of. Housekeeping was excellent. Love this place.

Room Tip: Even the rooms up front on the ground floor are quiet.
6 Thank 2ddw
, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Thank you so much for all your kind comments and staying with us, and…we LOVE our guests too!! We do aspire to give the utmost of exceptional guest service and in providing quality in all our products while keeping modest travelers in mind. Warm regards!