“LIKE!”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 20 December 2012

A 2 night stay in a comfortable standard room with an Auto Club discount (make sure you bring your card!) - this hotel is a good value and great location. #214, a second floor room was at the stairs and configured a little differently than other standard rooms but essentially the same size - 2 very comfortable queen beds, just enough room for a little table for the laptops and 2 chairs. A tube TV in a big armoire. Free and FAST internet, free parking, walked to Disney and also took the convenient shuttle. Quiet! The breakfast selection of bagels, cereal, bananas, yogurt, and pastries made a great start for a Disney Day. Will definitely return next year!

Room Tip: Standard room is small but fine for 2 people for a short stay.
4  Thank ttips
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2012

Thank you for staying with us and please feel free to contact me personally when returning next year as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed 20 December 2012

We stayed 12/18/12. The rooms aren't the problem but the service. They got my reservation wrong to start with. We were told breakfast was from 7:30-10:00 am. We arrived in the food area at 9:00 am. 4 tables and all were dirty. Two hispanic women frantically cleaning and not paying attention to guests at all. Taking food away right in front of me. When my wife asked one to clean a table, she rolled her eyes, wiped it, then left. She was speaking very loudly in Spanish to her counter part. Several other guests came in then quickly left as no food was around and no greeting. My wife asked the counter to have someone talk to the women working and to stop yelling Spanish back and forth. (we don't speak Spanish). A man came and talked to them and it was quiet immediately. The two workers only stood in the corner and stared at us. When checked out, the counter person said the situation was "taken care of" and he refused to talk to us about it anymore.
Very rude employees and I don't appreciate loud Spanish talking and not offering what is offered. I will NOT go back to this hotel.

7  Thank mtcowboy1011

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feedback. Your comments have been taken VERY seriously by our ownership and management team. The gentleman at the desk was sincere with his comments about the situation being addressed by the ladies manager and I am sorry if you expected him to elaborate on internal disciplinary actions. I support this as it is certainly not professional and I apologize if your expectations were otherwise. Kind regards.

Reviewed 17 December 2012

As promised, the location is great. We walked to Disneyland and California Adventure most days, or took the shuttle when our feet were sore. Shuttle drivers were great.

Other service was not so good. When we first arrived, we asked the time of the next shuttle, and they said 8pm (we arrived in the evening). So we rushed to unload the car so we could make the next shuttle, but there was no 8pm shuttle! So we walked, which we discovered was not a big deal, but still.

The staff (other than the shuttle drivers) seemed a bit grumpy.

The breakfast was just average.

We had a regular room, which was small (couldn't even open the door all the way because it bumped into furniture. If I ever stay here again, would probably want to pay extra for a deluxe room.

Never did get any internet service in our room, even though we stayed three nights. We called several times, and they kept telling us they fixed it, but it never worked.

5  Thank wmleler

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your comments, we DO listen and sincerely care about our guests and their wellbeing. Your feedback has been reviewed with our team and I am apologetic as we all know that the holidays bring out the best and worst in many folks…however we must NEVER be grumpy to our guests. Thank you again for bringing these very important items to our attention. Warm regards!

Reviewed 13 December 2012

Stayed at this hotel Dec 2012. What a fantastic place Tripadvisor did not let me down. Great location to Disney parks, very short walk with toddler. The deluxe room was one of the largest i have stayed at in the U.S, it was spotless every day. Great continental breakfast with a wide range of food. Staff were very helpful anf extremely pleasant to deal with, including holding our bags for the day whilst we shopped before a late night flight to Australia. The free shuttle bus is not a bus it is a coach, very nice. The town car service arranged to & from the airport was great too, very comprable to a shuttle but way more comfortable. Overall a fantastic hotel in a great location,will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Deluxe room on 2nd floor was perfect.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Dwayne L
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your in-depth comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We do appreciate your business and please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed 13 December 2012 via mobile

My family plans a Disneyland vacation 1-2 times a year and every year we stay at the candy cane inn!!! The rooms work out great for 4 adults nicely, the complimentary shuttle and drivers are superb, we always get excited for the breakfast buffet (great muffins and treats!!!) My husband and I also visited the candy cane inn for our honeymoon and our one year anniversary Disney trip!!! The hotel grounds are beautiful it definitely has a little Disney touch, reminds me of the tikki room!!! A great place for families and couples!!! Thanks for the great memories candy cane!!! Can't wait to visit you guys this Feb 2013 to see the new cars land!!!

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Serenadaniel

Thank you for being a loyal and repeat Candy Cane Inn guest, we DO appreciate your business! I am delighted to read that you have celebrated many wonderful occasions and you will certainly enjoy Cars Land and the many new additions at the theme park. Warm regards!

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Stayed here on the 4th of December for 1 night as we were going to Disneyland and seeing Bruce Springsteen at night, we arrived around 9am and it was good we are able to check in, to my disappointment we were the upper floor and as there were no ramps we found it very hard trying to get our heavy luggage up the stairs, the rooms were quite large which was good. The following morning when I went to have a shower I was unable to turn the shower on, most showers you should only have to simply turn the tap to the right and the water turns on but not here I had to try to push in the tap, twist and turn and still nothing so I called reception and someone came up and turned it on for me as though it was a simple thing to which it wasnt. Once I finished with the shower the water wouldnt turn off so I had to call for someone to come up and turn it off. Very frustrating. overall disappointing stay.

Room Tip: lower floor as its nearly impossible to carry luggage up the stairs and there is nobody around to as...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Laura J

I am sincerely sorry that your shower knob worked hard. The water in Anaheim with the high calcium levels can affect these and it was changed out immediately upon your bringing to our attention. Again, I am very apologetic for this inconvenience and do thank you for bringing to our attention. In regards to luggage assistance, we ask that if you simply contact the front desk and one of our team would be delighted to provide immediate assistance with luggage. Kind regards.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

The Candy Cane Inn is a very nice hotel close to Disneyland/California Adventures park. It is clean and very well priced. Breakfast is free and very good, however it is all carbs..no meats. There is a free shuttle to the park although the walk is very close and easy. Only complaint is we were in room 240 which is right next to house keeping. We were woken every day at about 5:30am by them talking and going in and out of their room. DON'T take this room is you need to be able to sleep late. We were at the parks until 1:00am each night so the 5:30am noise was not fun. But I do recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to not be placed next to house keeping
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank gypsytraveler01

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with the valuable feedback and we have already discussed with our team. We do appreciate your business and look forward in seeing you again. Kind regards.