“Pretty Good place to stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Madera, California
“Pretty Good place to stay.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

We stayed at CCI for two nights. I haven't stayed here since I was a child but I am regularly in this area for Disneyland trips. Always excited to try new hotels after hours of research because I am picky. Rooms are very clean and I would say standard size. Not huge but enough to fit two travel cribs for my twins. We just had a standard room with two queen beds. Bathroom sink area had alot of room but the bathroom could had been bigger but average. Breakfast was okay we just did yogurts and fruit for the kids. Not into all the pastries etc. Staff was nice and we didn't use the shuttle, it's walking distance and that is the best part. Same side of Disneyland and after eating all that bad food we jogged or raced as a family back to our room. I would def. stay here again because it was clean. The only thing I might change is better rates or better deals. I seem to never find one for this hotel and although I went at spring break and got a passholder discount it would be nice to find awesome deals with this hotel. Free parking! But no complaints, pleasant stay!

2 Thank kimmirae
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you for staying with us and remember to use your Rewards Certificate with your annual pass holder for the double discount. Kind regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

This place clearly caters primarily to families, since it is almost next door to Disneyland. It is also only a short walk from the Anaheim Convention Center, which is why I was there. Room was OK -- perhaps slightly smaller than you would get at a Fairfield Inn or Hilton Garden Inn, and definitely older (especially the bathrooms). That said, however, the room was clean, and was quiet inside despite lots of kids running around outdoors. The pool was very small and was jammed with little kids all day, so you can pretty much forget about using it. Service personnel were very nice and very efficient -- clearly a strong plus. Given its location and modest price, I would stay here again -- just don't go in expecting anything above average. .

Room Tip: Get a room on the second floor so that you won't have kids running around overhead.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank KingofThreePutts
Thank you for staying with us and while some may not call us a “business” traveler hotel we do have a fair amount of guests that attend the Convention Center and appreciate all that we have to offer and prefer our smaller and quaint atmosphere. We certainly appreciate your business and appreciate your feedback. Kind regards!
Hempstead, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

I live in Texas and I take my daughter to Disneyland every year for her birthday. We always book a premium room because that's why we stay there -- the cookies, popcorn, video, candy cane, breakfast in a basket... it makes the birthday girl's time there so very special. This year they did not have the double queen so we accepted the king. They never told us we were being downgraded. To a dirty, closet of a room under the stairs. Dingy, smelly.... my daughter started crying. I went to the front desk and explained that there was some kind of mistake. They turned it back on me, stating that they told me that my room was not available. I asked it I could 'upgrade' and at least buy some cookies and try to make that room something special. I was told the cookies are only available for their "premium guests." WHAT?! After all these years I am chopped liver? I handed them the key and headed over to the Embassy Suites with my child. After years of staying at the Candy Cane Inn and a couple of glorious reviews, the love affair is over. Not only will I NEVER step foot in the place again, I will warn all readers of Trip Advisor off of this place. Unless you can afford the best room and actually get it, you may end up in a dar, - smelling, closet-sized room with a hard, dirty chair -- a room that is so depressing you will feel suicidal. Run, don't walk, away from this place. Call it sour grapes, but if it happens to you, remember -- I warned you...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
32 Thank thkosan
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
First and foremost and with all due respect I want to make it perfectly clear that we appreciate ALL guests (past, present and future) and the feedback they provide and I have always chosen not to use this platform to challenge. This being said the reservation was correct and we clearly had it in our notes that this guest would like a Premium Room should one become available, however they were already reserved and none became available. The room that was reserved was a King Bedded accessible room and while the location is behind the stairwell (so they are close to the sidewalk ramp and vending area) the location is for guest convenience. They are as clean, fresh, nicely decorated and the same size as all other Deluxe Rooms. I am sincerely apologetic that our hotel was completely sold out and we could not move this guest without effecting another guest reservation as this would be disrespectful to that guest. Kind regards!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

We had 4 adults in one room, which required an extra trundle bed, which made the room a little squishy, but overall, the room was excellent, clean, beds soft, and for the price and location, a short 10 min walk to Disneyland, it was excellent.
The breakfast rush can be a bit crowded, and the breakfast is basic fare, cereal, toast, buns and muffins, and some really bad orange juice and coffee. But, it's all included in the cost, so we thought it was great.
Lovely pool and spas if you get a chance, the grounds are picturesque.
And the desk clerks were really friendly and helpful. Thanks dudes!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mal L
Thank you so much for staying with us and providing us with your kind comments. I am delighted that your stay was excellent and look forward in seeing you again. Kind regards!
Marlborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

I found Candy Cane Inn on Trip Advisor and recently spent 5 nights here (during 'Spring Break'). Initial check in late one evening after driving from San Francisco was not very friendly but can't fault any other aspect of our stay. Rooms are large and beds excessively comfortable; bathroom adequate; fridge provided and coffee making machine, iron and ironing board (who irons on holiday?!)...buffet breakfast adequate and casual - can take stuff back to your room. Small dipping pool and laundry room. Efficient cleaning staff. Although only a 10 minute walk from Disneyland there is a complimentary shuttle every 30 mins through til after the fireworks at midnight. Highly recommended.

2 Thank DesertdebDubai
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feedback about our rooms and services. We receive many positive comments about our Serta Presidential Mattresses and I am delighted that you found comfortable. Kind regards!
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

Friendly staff, nice rooms with free parking, wifi and breakfast. Free shuttle if you want to skip the 10 minutes walk to Disneyland, last service back to the hotel 45 minutes after the park closes. I definitely recommend the service, value and convenience of this lovely property.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark C
Thank you for sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers, we sincerely appreciate your business. Kind regards!
Ponca City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2013

Candy Cane grounds are beautiful. 10 minute walk to Disney, and you don't even have to cross the street. Loads of restaurants straight across the road.
We made a reservation in advance and dropped our bags off on our way to Disney for the day. When we got back that evening, one backpack was lost, they didn't have a room for us, the desk clerk couldn't think on his feet and address the situation, and there was a lot of flailing. A LOT OF FLAILING. It was not a pretty sight.
We finally got our room, but the key didn't work. We asked to speak to a manager, but s/he wasn't available. The flailing continued.
The good news, after this cascade of ridiculous screw-ups, is that they made it right. They found our backpack buried under a random desk somewhere, and yes, the claim ticket was on it. The morning staff were wonderful. The breakfast space was crowded, but clean and cheerful. They called us a cab. They apologized for the colossal screwups.They gave us a big-time discount on our room. They were nice and cheery and friendly.
Everyone makes mistakes. Successful businesses try to make things right, and Candy Cane did it. Next time we go to Disney, we're staying there. No question. And we're taking another family with us.

3 Thank XcountryDrives O
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for staying with us and I appreciate your understanding and you are completely correct with your comments. I was the gentleman who spoke with you in the morning and the discount was a token of our gratitude with your seeing that our team is like anyone else and is NOT above making mistakes. The thing we must take from any situation is how to discover what occurred and prevent from future mishaps. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would be my pleasure to assist you and your guests with reservations. Kind regards!