“Very Nice!”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Northern Ca
“Very Nice!”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I've driven from Northern California to Anaheim about 8 times to visit Disneyland. This is the first time at Candy Cane Inn. My wife and I stayed for 3 nights beginning October 27th. This is the first time we've been to Disneyland without kids.
For us, everything about Candy Cane Inn was perfect! Upon arrival, after being cheerfully greeted by the front desk (sorry, I don't remember the names of both people that greeted us), they asked us about our travels. After casually saying we were visiting Disneyland for my wife's birthday, we unloaded our suitcases and went to dinner. When we returned, we had a pleasant birthday surprise in our room for my wife. Very unexpected!
Our return from dinner was early. There were kids and adults near our room on the second floor that were very loud. I realized that there is not much insulation in windows and walls. The good news is....that was the only time we heard anyone! If it was peak season and there were noisy neighbors, I'm sure it would affect our sleep.
The room was very clean and comfortable. I have traveled for work my entire life. As a frequent traveler, I have a habit of looking at the the top of the TV armoire, a hidden area that usually reveals grotesque items. This is the first time I have never seen anything....not even dust! I was very impressed!
My wife and I can't wait to return!
Everything about this property is what we look for in a place to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Fredster2013
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you so much for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit and I am delighted that you folks enjoyed our Inn. It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone today and again, thank you for the kind comments regarding our front office team and the cleanliness of our property. Kind regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Great location, great upkeep, great staff, and great management!

We stayed in a premium room that we could get a fold-a-way to squeeze all five of us in, two adults and three children. Since we were there strictly for the parks we only needed some place convenient and clean to sleep. Don't expect 5-Star accommodations on this budget-minded motel though. What you can expect is a great location, clean and moderate-sized rooms, comfortable beds, two luggage racks, professional and courteous staff. There are also a lot of little extras as well including welcome basket, free movie rentals, mini-fridge and microwaves in room, quality shampoo, soaps and other bathroom amenities.

I agree with other reviews in that the breakfast isn't too elaborate but it was the little bit that we needed before heading to the theme park. With the premium rooms you can get the breakfast selections of your choosing delivered in a basket.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ngkorte
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit and I am pleased that we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Kind regards!
Eagle, Idaho
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We just visited the Candy Cane Jnn again a my wife has a serious Disneyland addiction , we loved it again!
Clean rooms , ok breakfast and right net to the ark , how can you go wrong for the price!
Thanks, Candy cane , we will be bak !
Mike

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us again and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. Kind regards!
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We chose this hotel based on the reviews from Trip Advisor and we weren't disappointed in any way. We had two connecting premium rooms and it was so worth paying the extra for them - having the breakfast delivered was a great perk as it meant we were able to eat something while we got ready on the days that we had a very early start and the late check-out was very welcome on our departure day. We didn't use the microwave but the fridge is a decent size and the complimentary bottled water was very much appreciated. The rooms are plenty big enough, we had three teens in one, and everything that you'd want is provided including decent size safes. The grounds are beautifully kept and the pool was a lovely respite from the heat in the afternoon, even though it's small we always managed to find a chair or lounger, and with all the landscaping round the pool area you forget that you're actually in the middle of a car park. Rooms were clean and comfortable, staff pleasant and helpful, and laundry room clean and efficient. We only used the shuttle bus once as we preferred to walk to and from the parks (took us 8 minutes) but it's very nice to have it as an option.

I am also very impressed that I read in a reply to a previous review that CCI are extending their rewards policy for overseas guests to two years. We are planning on returning to Anaheim just within this period and CCI would already have been our first choice of where to stay but this decision has clinched the deal!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Sheltielover5
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your many kind comments regarding our property, service and amenities. We have a wonderful team who take pride in their jobs and taking care of our guests and they too appreciate when folks take the time to write positive comments such as yours. I am also glad to hear that you are satisfied with our extended Reward Certificate program for overseas guests, as this is something I instituted after listening to guest requests. All guest’s comments are taken very seriously and we are glad to hear you recognize this as well. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as it would by my pleasure to assist with future reservations. Kind regards!
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We checked the reviews of several hotels before deciding on the Candy Cane Inn and we're so glad that we chose it! The staff there is excellent. It's homey and the grounds are kept up very nicely. Our room (the Deluxe Queen) was great and there was plenty of room. I liked that the sink and counter area were outside of the bath room. The breakfast options were plentiful and the staff in the breakfast area was very accommodating. We celebrated both of our children's birthdays while we were there and they were given a packaged stack of cookies and a birthday card from the hotel upon arrival. (The kids were so excited to receive a surprise like that!) The location is excellent. There is a free shuttle but we chose to walk the block and a half to Disneyland. I would much rather give my money to a small hotel that has maintained an excellent reputation over the years than a big-name hotel. I will definitely be staying there next time we go to Disneyland.

Room Tip: I suggest getting a Deluxe sized room. We took our stroller into the room at night so that we wouldn...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank KimmyLinn
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit and I am pleased that you concurred that our Trip Advisor reviews were right on the money. We do aspire to deliver a quality product and exceptional friendly service to each and every guest that stays with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again and thank you in advance for being a repeat guest. Kind regards!
Phoenix
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We have stayed at CCI before and was pleased with them in the past, however, after staying there last week, I can safely say we will NOT go back again. PROS: Good shuttle service to Disneyland but make sure you get on EARLY otherwise you will be standing up and battling all the rude people who refuse to fold their strollers and block the aisle.
Fairly clean. The bathroom tile has black stuff on it and the faucet in the shower had a LOT of black goo around it. Beds are comfortable.
CONS: Lack of parking!! Breakfast is extremely basic and NO ROOM to sit unless you go outside and you end up standing in line all the way out the door and into the pool area.
Rooms are SMALL and there's no drawer space. If you have kids and are staying several days, theres not enough room to unpack your suitcase. The clock in our room did not work and the refrigerator didn't keep anything cold.
IMO they have went down hill over the last year. Bye bye Candy Cane Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank skylinewest
First and foremost I would like to sincerely apologize that your stay was not to your expectations and I thank you for your input. I have attempted to reach you through the TripAdvisor email system however have not heard back and wanted to respond. We do listen to all comments and while we never want to disappoint our guests, we do value these opportunities to continue to train and grow our guest service. With that said, I would also like to point out that we have made some upgrades and additions to our breakfast since your previous stay, and I do apologize for the size of the breakfast room as we are limited to the amount of space we have available to us. Thank you again for your business and kind regards!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

This is the first time we have stayed outside the park in both DIsney land and world and we were not sorry or disappointed in the least! Great location! Great prices! Great breakfast with good selection of fruit, bagels, cereals etc. Staff very friendly and helpful. Rooms large, neat and well maintained! Just to let you know...We bought our 3 day hopper from them - great price, however she didn't inform us that it came with 1 day early admission. Found that out too late! Still giving Candy Cane in a top rating!!! You won't be disappointed!

Joni B. Oct 25, 2013

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Joni B
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am happy that you enjoyed the Candy Cane Inn and your visit. We appreciate your kind comments and glad you were able to utilize our many complimentary amenities. I do want to apologize for the lack of information regarding your Magic Morning, as it is our duty and pleasure to provide guests with as much information as possible, in order to make their stay as pleasurable as possible. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and future reservations. Kind regards!