“3rd time is a charm”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We are gearing up for our third stay at the Candy Cane Inn in a few weeks and am so looking forward to our stay. A hotel that is close enough to walk, has a free continental breakfast, free parking and a free shuttle can't be beat. The service, grounds, rooms and staff have always been accommodating. Looking forward to our upcoming stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you so much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family. We appreciate your business and kind comments regarding our property and the amenities we have to offer. We also look forward to seeing you folks again! Kind regards!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We chose the Candy Cane hotel because of all the reviews on tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. We liked this hotel because it is a low-rise and smaller than some of the other options. Location is perfect with a 10-minute walk or so to the park, or you can take the hotel's shuttle. Breakfast was good, pool and jacuzzi were nice. We would visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank gsculp
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your positive comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We look forward to seeing you again and please feel free to contact me personally when your family is returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations, as well as discussing what our team can do to bring your next review up to a five. Kind regards!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I am grateful that someone told me about the Candy Cane Inn years ago. My husband and I have been there three times, on our own and now twice with our son, and it is always good. The flowers are pretty and effort goes into keeping the property attractive. The beds were comfy (although there wasn't a lot of room around them) and very clean. As we enjoy walking, we tend to walk to and from Disneyland but it's nice to take the handy shuttle once and while. Feet do take a beating walking around the parks and standing in line for rides. The pools are very nice (although it was cool this week for them) and there is a small fitness room. The breakfast is simple but it serves its purpose. Thank you to the Candy Cane for being just what we need near Disneyland.

Room Tip: If room is right at front, you hear street noise. This time we were further back in property and it...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for your gracious comments and being a loyal and repeat guest of the Candy Cane Inn, as we DO appreciate your business! I am glad you found us and that you were able to enjoy our many complimentary amenities we have to offer. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Warm Regards!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed 3 nights to visit Disneyland. A short 10 minute walk to the main entrance but they also have a shuttle for the elderly and littlies. Disneyland is practically next door. Great pool and spa and free wi-fi. Breakfast (free) was disappointing as it is all fatty sugary cakes and kids cereals. Watching little kids eating chocolate coated doughnuts at 6am is pretty distressing! It is however a wonderful hotel that I would recommend to everyone. The biggest plus was it is QUIET! had a wonderful time

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your positive comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We look forward to seeing you again and please feel free to contact me personally when your family is returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I've driven from Northern California to Anaheim about 8 times to visit Disneyland. This is the first time at Candy Cane Inn. My wife and I stayed for 3 nights beginning October 27th. This is the first time we've been to Disneyland without kids.
For us, everything about Candy Cane Inn was perfect! Upon arrival, after being cheerfully greeted by the front desk (sorry, I don't remember the names of both people that greeted us), they asked us about our travels. After casually saying we were visiting Disneyland for my wife's birthday, we unloaded our suitcases and went to dinner. When we returned, we had a pleasant birthday surprise in our room for my wife. Very unexpected!
Our return from dinner was early. There were kids and adults near our room on the second floor that were very loud. I realized that there is not much insulation in windows and walls. The good news is....that was the only time we heard anyone! If it was peak season and there were noisy neighbors, I'm sure it would affect our sleep.
The room was very clean and comfortable. I have traveled for work my entire life. As a frequent traveler, I have a habit of looking at the the top of the TV armoire, a hidden area that usually reveals grotesque items. This is the first time I have never seen anything....not even dust! I was very impressed!
My wife and I can't wait to return!
Everything about this property is what we look for in a place to stay!

2  Thank Fredster2013
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you so much for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit and I am delighted that you folks enjoyed our Inn. It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone today and again, thank you for the kind comments regarding our front office team and the cleanliness of our property. Kind regards!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great location, great upkeep, great staff, and great management!

We stayed in a premium room that we could get a fold-a-way to squeeze all five of us in, two adults and three children. Since we were there strictly for the parks we only needed some place convenient and clean to sleep. Don't expect 5-Star accommodations on this budget-minded motel though. What you can expect is a great location, clean and moderate-sized rooms, comfortable beds, two luggage racks, professional and courteous staff. There are also a lot of little extras as well including welcome basket, free movie rentals, mini-fridge and microwaves in room, quality shampoo, soaps and other bathroom amenities.

I agree with other reviews in that the breakfast isn't too elaborate but it was the little bit that we needed before heading to the theme park. With the premium rooms you can get the breakfast selections of your choosing delivered in a basket.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ngkorte

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit and I am pleased that we were able to make your stay an enjoyable one. We look forward to having you stay with us again. Kind regards!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We just visited the Candy Cane Jnn again a my wife has a serious Disneyland addiction , we loved it again!
Clean rooms , ok breakfast and right net to the ark , how can you go wrong for the price!
Thanks, Candy cane , we will be bak !
Mike

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us again and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. Kind regards!