“Nice, but priced too high…”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #5 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
“Nice, but priced too high…”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

With the caveat that this hotel is within easy walking distance of Disneyland, it is a very nice hotel, but… the rooms are on par with a Comfort Inn, but the price is much higher. We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn three nights four years ago, and we were very happy with the experience. This trip we only stayed one night, and if I remember correctly the price this time was about $40 more. The free parking and continental breakfast are definitely plus, as is the proximity to Disneyland.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor and towards the back are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We appreciate your valuable feedback and we do take all guest comments very seriously. We strive to deliver a product that is exceptional and is affordable at the same time, which is why we offer our complimentary amenities including free parking, free Wi-Fi to all guest rooms, complimentary expanded continental breakfast, and complimentary exclusive shuttle to and from the Disneyland main gate entrance. Warm Regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (520)
Wahiawa, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Stayed here because I was told by a co-worker that this was THE place to stay if you're going to Disneyland. She was right! The place was very CLEAN - which is a top priority for me. They had a welcome kit with popcorn and freshly baked cookies in our room when we arrived. They have a shuttle that runs every half hour to Disneyland, so it was super convenient for me and my family - and it was always prompt! It's a short distance to restaurants/convenient stores, so you really didn't need a car to go anywhere. What really impressed me was that no matter how often I came and went from my room, whenever I got back, my beds were always made. How's that for service! Would definitely stay here again the next time I visit Disneyland!

Room Tip: If you want the "extras" - like breakfast delivery to your room each morning and upgraded...
2 Thank Leigh P
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your kind comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We appreciate your business and delighted that your experience was wonderful and you were able to enjoy our many amenities and clean hotel rooms. Kind regards!
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I've stayed at the Candy Cane Inn more than 20 times over the course of my life, and my parents stayed prior to that. I've grown up visiting the hotel, come with friends, stayed here when I moved into nearby Chapman University, and this past weekend stayed with my sister here for a weekend getaway. I can assure you this hotel is unlike any other. During our stays here, we've experienced a kind and quick check-in at 2am, clean rooms, having lost items shipped home to us at no cost, and this weekend, two incredibly kind women who went into the back room to get us blueberry muffins after they ran out, just because they're our favorite. Compliments to the hardworking staff, management, and all who continue to make this place a sanctuary in busy Anaheim- THANK YOU. We will definitely be back for our 30th and 40th visits.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back are quieter and removed from Harbor St.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your gracious comments and being a loyal and repeat guest of the Candy Cane Inn, as we DO appreciate your business! I am glad you found us and that you were able to enjoy our many complimentary amenities we have to offer. We have an excellent team here dedicated to exceptional customer service to all our guests, and I am happy you concurred. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Warm Regards!
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We are gearing up for our third stay at the Candy Cane Inn in a few weeks and am so looking forward to our stay. A hotel that is close enough to walk, has a free continental breakfast, free parking and a free shuttle can't be beat. The service, grounds, rooms and staff have always been accommodating. Looking forward to our upcoming stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for being a repeat member of the Candy Cane Inn family. We appreciate your business and kind comments regarding our property and the amenities we have to offer. We also look forward to seeing you folks again! Kind regards!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We chose the Candy Cane hotel because of all the reviews on tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. We liked this hotel because it is a low-rise and smaller than some of the other options. Location is perfect with a 10-minute walk or so to the park, or you can take the hotel's shuttle. Breakfast was good, pool and jacuzzi were nice. We would visit this hotel again.

2 Thank gsculp
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 2 November 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your positive comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We look forward to seeing you again and please feel free to contact me personally when your family is returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with reservations, as well as discussing what our team can do to bring your next review up to a five. Kind regards!
CalgaryAB
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I am grateful that someone told me about the Candy Cane Inn years ago. My husband and I have been there three times, on our own and now twice with our son, and it is always good. The flowers are pretty and effort goes into keeping the property attractive. The beds were comfy (although there wasn't a lot of room around them) and very clean. As we enjoy walking, we tend to walk to and from Disneyland but it's nice to take the handy shuttle once and while. Feet do take a beating walking around the parks and standing in line for rides. The pools are very nice (although it was cool this week for them) and there is a small fitness room. The breakfast is simple but it serves its purpose. Thank you to the Candy Cane for being just what we need near Disneyland.

Room Tip: If room is right at front, you hear street noise. This time we were further back in property and it...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Jeff H, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for your gracious comments and being a loyal and repeat guest of the Candy Cane Inn, as we DO appreciate your business! I am glad you found us and that you were able to enjoy our many complimentary amenities we have to offer. Please feel free to contact me personally when returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Warm Regards!
Sydney,
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed 3 nights to visit Disneyland. A short 10 minute walk to the main entrance but they also have a shuttle for the elderly and littlies. Disneyland is practically next door. Great pool and spa and free wi-fi. Breakfast (free) was disappointing as it is all fatty sugary cakes and kids cereals. Watching little kids eating chocolate coated doughnuts at 6am is pretty distressing! It is however a wonderful hotel that I would recommend to everyone. The biggest plus was it is QUIET! had a wonderful time

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your positive comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. We look forward to seeing you again and please feel free to contact me personally when your family is returning as it would be my pleasure to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!